Whispering Canyon antics

Stellajack

Does anyone out there know which question to the cast member at Whispering Canyon causes the ladies to have to wear their napkins on their heads? We'd like to 'set up' some of our party when we eat dinner there. Thanks ahead of time!:D

We ate there three times when we there in Nov but never saw that one.

The only one we saw with regularity was the ketchup joke. That and the Pony express races.

As much fun as it was to eat there it was certainly annoying to have a room directly above it with nothing between you.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If we told you about the kechup, it would take away from your experience.... Here's a few more "hints" on what to do there.

Wear a shirt or cap from another theme park
Let them know that you spent the whole day at another theme park
Ask the waiter where his 6-shooter is
Have an adult male ask where the men's room is
Tell your waiter that your straw is not long enough
Chew Gum
Ask the waiter where you can buy some gum
Tell the waiter if it's someone's birthday or anniversary
:lol:
They all don't always work

Good Luck!!

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

I don't know about this:lookaroun
I'm not one of those people that likes to be surprised or be the center of attention.
But we'll still do, don't worry. I hope I don't get to embarassed.

Upvote 0
My friends husband got wacked with a stuffed fish because he lied to our waitress (he was joking and told her it wasn't his biscuit he left behind on his plate, but his wifes -- problem was, his wifes meal didn't come with a biscuit). The waitress gave him a wack -- very funny and he totally didn't expect it.

I love that restaurant, but my favorite thing there was this oatmeal that had a sweet bourbon sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream -- THEY DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE!!! Boooohooooooo!

Upvote 0

lt-hambone

Dont't expect it all the time!

Just a word of caution -

Antics at the Whispering Canyon are NOT guaranteed! Just because others have experienced some antics does not automatically mean you will get some antics! If you go there with high expectations, don't be surprised if you get disappointed.

Now, having said that, you may be witness to some horse races, where the kids ride stick horses through the restaurant. My favorite was the lady who was having a birthday and sent to the lobby to sing Happy Birthday to herself!

When my wife and I were there last November for our Honeymoon, we were seated at a quiet table in the corner. The table next to ours, served by the same waiter, was a large party of 12 with kids who were seated at the same time as us. Our waiter sensed that we wanted a nice, quiet meal, so he would come to our table first in a "normal" manner, then he would go to the large table and pull out all the stops with the antics. We were very grateful for him sparing us the antics and allowing us to dine in peace. And boy was it fun to watch what he put the other table through!

Go and have fun, you'll enjoy it!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Jedi Osborn
So there's always antics, but you may or may not be on the receiving end?

I'd say that's the case, and we've eaten there seven times that I can think of. On our honeymoon we, too, had breakfast there and were, thankfully, spared, but a couple on an anniversary trip last week got serenaded with "Going to the Chapel" by the waitresses (who even did it in harmony -- they were great!). Very cute. We've fallen for the ketchup gag, and I made the mistake of asking for water once (I got a bowl of water -- I didn't ask for it in a glass after all).

The family sitting next to us last week were not at all interested in the hijinks -- I think they were French??? -- and the waitress just handled them like normal (though the whole family laughed when my friend got wacked with the stuff fish -- see earlier post).

Upvote 0

lt-hambone

Correct

Originally posted by Jedi Osborn
So there's always antics, but you may or may not be on the receiving end?

Some times you may get a participating waiter/waitress, some times you don't.

One other thing I've heard - what annoys the CMs most are guests who demand/expect antics. If someone comes in and demands to see some antics, 9 times out of 10 they won't get any because there is nothing in writing that says the CMs have to perform.

But it is still a great place to eat, antics or not!!!

:lol:

Upvote 0

westie

Another good one like that is the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM. I was not expecting it. The waitress is "Mom." Mom makes you wash your hands and quizzes you on the bathroom. Be careful or you'll get sent back. You get introduced to everyone as a cousin so your all family. The guy across from us wouldn't play along so Mom put him in the corner and had everyone shake a finger at him and say,"Na na, na na!" Pretty embarassing and pretty good food too. I'd recommend it and also not to tell your party what to expect.

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

I really liked the atmosphere in the Prime Time Cafe as well. Problem is I'm a very finiky (sp?) eater and couldn't clean my plate. "Mom" wasn't very happy with me.

Upvote 0

krzy4dzny

Originally posted by westie
Another good one like that is the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM. I was not expecting it. The waitress is "Mom." Mom makes you wash your hands and quizzes you on the bathroom. Be careful or you'll get sent back. You get introduced to everyone as a cousin so your all family.

If I'm not mistaken the waiters and waitresses are "aunt's" and "uncle's" since "Mom" is busy in the kitchen cooking meals for everyone.

Upvote 0

VillianFan

At Whispering Canyon, my sister in law finished her Shake but did not finish her meal. So the waiter made her take the dessert order for him. And she actually did it! My whole family never laughed so hard, including my Dad who can be rather serious.

This was the best dinner, food wise and service wise that we had during our stay.

I definitely recommend the Maple Glazed Pork Chops!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom