Which would you choose?

Beverly

The contemporary, the Yacht club, or the wilderness lodge (all concierge) for a stay in the dec month. I want to take my mom to disney withmy Daughter and I for a trip as a thank you for all the help she has given me the last 2 months,(I had knee surgery and then felland broke my leg and ankle and foot right after the durgery andhave been in bed for over 2 mths now)

I kind of like the idea of being on the monorail line so she can see how great it is, but the WL is my favorite resort, but the YC is in walking distance of both epcot and mgm.
The last time I took her to disney was dec 2000 and we did the BWI concierge. (couldn't pass up the price they gavesince they were under going construction)

Dwarful

I would go w/Contemp. But the big question is would you feel up to walking to the parks and then walking in the parks??? Just wondering since you had knee surgery I hear those things take awhile to heal up. You wouldn't want to pick the other thinking you would be up to the walk and then end up not being up to the walk...do you understand what I am getting at or have I lost you??

Upvote 0

Beverly

Original Poster
well I'm trying to look on the bright side here, and I forgot to mention that it would be dec 2003. unless I get a lot of money and can go dec 2002~ LOL. its going to take 9mths to a yr to heal completely now since I did the extra damage. I'm going this sep and I just may have to rent that ECV.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I am totally in love with the WL, but the concierge situation there is a little different than other places.

There is no concierge lounge--the tables are set up in the hallways of the 7th floor.

You need your room key to get to the 7th floor, so it is private.

From what I've heard, most people find the arrangement just fine, but you need to make that decision.

Contemporary concierge is well spoken of. And the monorail is hands down the best way to get to MK.

Upvote 0

Salty

I'd say Yacht (or Beach) Club. They are the most centrally located and you get the most forms of transporatation available (Walking, Boat, and Bus) Though the Contemparary might be pretty convienient as well, especially for MK and Epcot, and depending on how your leg feels.

From Birnbaum's:
"Yacht/Beach: Ambitous Guests - For those who want to see and do everything Disney has to offer will like the central location. AND Everyone - the Deluxe atmosphere and amenities appeal to all.

PLUS it has the best pool of ALL the WDW resorts. Hands Down.

I've stayed at the Poly and Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk, and my family prefers the Yacht/beach/Boardwalk resorts. Of course we may try something new next time.

Here's Birnbaum's notes on who will "favor" the Conemporary and Wilderness lodge.

Contemporary: Families - the monorail whisks through it and the MK is a short walk away. Professionals - who can take advantage of the hotel's many business services.

Wilderness Lodge: Sweetharts - love is always in the air at this resort. Winter Visitors - the warm, cozy atmosphere is even more inviting when the many fireplaces are roaring.

Upvote 0

twilightgirl

the yacht and beach is my favorite..... the boat takes you mgm
its a short walk to epcot and the boardwalk is right there too..
especially if you are staying at a time of year when the parks close early.. besides they have the best pool!!!!

Upvote 0

GGG1

I would have to suggest the Yacht Club. By far the best pool and centrally located to just about everything. Also it is within walking distance to my favorite park, EPCOT. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom