Which would you cancel?

H20Babie

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

I'm rethinking some of my ADRs ... I really want the pan-fired black grouper at Brown Derby, either lunch or dinner since it's on both menus. :eek:

So, since most of you are WDW foodies, which of the following would you consider the least attractive ADR? I know BD is 2 TS, so I would pay out of pocket for the O'hana breakfast. I was thinking cancelling either the Chefs de France or Mama Melrose.

Day 1 Kona Cafe (early dinner)
Day 2 Mame Melrose (dinner)
Day 3 Chefs de France (lunch)
Day 4 1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Day 5 Boma (dinner)
Day 6 O'hana (breakfast - out of pocket); Le Cellier (dinner)

Thanks for your opinions :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hey everyone,

I'm rethinking some of my ADRs ... I really want the pan-seared grouper at Brown Derby, either lunch or dinner since it's on both menus. :eek:

So, since most of you are WDW foodies, which of the following would you consider the least attractive ADR? I know BD is 2 TS, so I would pay out of pocket for the O'hana breakfast. I was thinking cancelling either the Chefs de France or Mama Melrose.

Day 1 Kona Cafe (early dinner)
Day 2 Mame Melrose (dinner)
Day 3 Chefs de France (lunch)
Day 4 1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Day 5 Boma (dinner)
Day 6 O'hana (breakfast - out of pocket); Le Cellier (dinner)

Thanks for your opinions :wave:
Of the bunch, I agree, Mama Melrose [although a nice restaurant] would be the one I'd cancel in favour of Brown Derby.

Enjoy! :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think Le Cellier is a rip off, but on the dining plan i guess it could be tolerable.

I'd have milked France for dinner on dining plan or paid for lunch out of pocket because it's cheap for lunch. Hmm.. Have you looked at menus and done some rough number crunching?

I like Chefs, don't cancel it. I really like it for lunch. Of the two i'd ditch Mamas, the food didn't impress me that much.

Oh, i just realized you're tryin to fit Brown Derby in. Duh, i need to read. Then ditch Le Cellier (similar food) or Mama Melrose (same park).

Can i make a suggestion? If you're gonna do 2 TS - Artist Point. Better food.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Can i make a suggestion? If you're gonna do 2 TS - Artist Point. Better food.

I would love to try Artist Point someday, but from the reviews I've read and photos I've seen, it looks a little too romantic and quiet for a solo ... I'm trying to stick with restaurants that have some hustle and bustle or are in the parks themselves for my first solo dining experiences :)

As for number crunching, at Chefs de France, I was planning on having the French Menu for lunch ($17.95); at Mama Melrose, I was going to have the Charred Butcher Tender Steak ($20.99). The Pan-Fired Black Grouper at the Derby is $24 for lunch and $28 for dinner.

It may make more sense to drop the Chefs de France number-wise, but I'll only be at DHS one or two times during the trip. Ahhh, decisions, decisions ...

Also, do you think I need an ADR at BD , or would I be able to score a table being solo?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I too would drop Mama Melrose. The only time I ate there, it was because the menu looked so appetizing. I was not as impressed with the actual food though, which is obviously more important.

Plus, it's in the same park, so it keeps your schedule in tact.

BTW, I too read the menus online in depth. I can't tell you how many times I've arrived at the restaurant to find that the menu is not the same. I think it's great that you have chosen what you hope to have, but be prepared for the possibility that the menu may be different when you arrive.

Happy eating, it all sounds great, whatever you choose :slurp: :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think you'll find a lunch in France alone much more enjoyable then Mama Melrose which is rather dark and sorta.. i dunno.. moody? inside. It has that big group allure that all italian places have.

France has more of that bistro allure, perfect for lunching, which any French woman can do alone with style.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Thanks Monty, mousermerf and SweetMagic!

I was able to trade my Mama Melrose late dinner for an early dinner at Brown Derby.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

And, SweetMagic, thanks for the tip ... I do have some backup entrees, but the BD was the only menu on which I could find the black grouper -- it's a treat I only order when in FLA :slurp: The first time I had grouper was from a beach shack on St. Pete, the Seaside Grill. I still love the place and visit it every time I go down and stay with my parents:

Attachments

• IM_A0117.jpg
    IM_A0117.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IM_A0118.jpg
    IM_A0118.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 20

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom