Which Week Is Jersey Week

surfsupdon

It's typically the week of Veterans Day. I know that's vague for dates, but its something.

I went once during the fabled Jersey Week and did not find it way too crowded at all.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Fantasmic!329 said:
Jersey Week? Anyone care to enlighten me?

And you're from NJ...haha

Jersey Week is a week in November when most schools are closed because of a two-day Teacher's Convention in Atlantic City, coupled with the Veterans Day holiday all occuring in the same week. Most schools will be off for the full week (why only have school onWed. Thurs of that week) while some schools will hold school for those 2 days. But it is known that no work gets accomplished and half of the students and teachers are missing because families are on vacations, especially families who have teachers for parents (who do not go to AC, lol).

It's random, and that week in November is loaded with Jersians, but the parks are not crowded (as I have witnessed).

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I'm from Jersey... You from Jersey? I'm from Jersey. Remember Joe Piscipo used to do that on Saturday night live? Everytime some ones says you from Jersey I think of that. :lol:

Upvote 0

Fantasmic!329

Oh, NJEA Convention. I'm a 7th grader, and my mom is a 2nd grade teacher, I should know these things! I even went to WDW once during the Convention.
Never heard to it referred to as "Jersey Week". :lol:

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I'm from Jersey... You from Jersey? I'm from Jersey. Remember Joe Piscipo used to do that on Saturday night live? Everytime some ones says you from Jersey I think of that. :lol:
I'm from Jersey....
Don't forget this responce - You're from Jersey; what exit??

Instead of Jersey being known as the "Garden State"; it is known as "The Armpit of New York"

Jersey, the only state you have to PAY $$ to leave.

What does SELF-SERVE gas mean??

Jersey...Where you have to go right to make a left hand turn

Where winning the New Jersey Lottery = NOT stepping on a NEEDLE at the shore.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

chucknstuff said:
I'm from Jersey....

When my sister and I met Cinderella, she asked where our castle was. We said we lived in a sandcastle overlooking the beach in New Jersey, and she quickly replied, "Ohh, how wonderful--what exit?" It was very comical!

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

surfsupdon said:
When my sister and I met Cinderella, she asked where our castle was. We said we lived in a sandcastle overlooking the beach in New Jersey, and she quickly replied, "Ohh, how wonderful--what exit?" It was very comical!
:lol:
awesome :D

Upvote 0

foxfire

chucknstuff said:
I'm from Jersey....

Instead of Jersey being known as the "Garden State"; it is known as "The Armpit of New York"

Jersey, the only state you have to PAY $$ to leave.

What does SELF-SERVE gas mean??

Jersey...Where you have to go right to make a left hand turn

Where winning the New Jersey Lottery = NOT stepping on a NEEDLE at the shore.

I was in NJ a few weeks ago and offered to pump gas for my girlfriend. I was quite surprised that it's against the law and was wondering why...and the right to make a left was interesting. What is the joke about what exit?

Upvote 0

mandib

foxfire said:
I was in NJ a few weeks ago and offered to pump gas for my girlfriend. I was quite surprised that it's against the law and was wondering why...and the right to make a left was interesting. What is the joke about what exit?

Wait it's against the law to pump gas for someone else who is in your car? :confused:

Upvote 0

djn4882

NJ is one of 2 states in the whole country that are totally full serve gas stations. the whole "what exit" thing is because there are 2 major roadways that run through the state (the GS Parkway and NJ Turnpike) and the vast majority of the residents are close to either one of those roads. so it's easy to figure out where they live by what exit on which road.

i'm from NJ, btw. i'm exit 11 on the NJT

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I read the title to this thread and I was picturing Brazilian tour groups with Jersey accents!! :lol: :lol:

I really had never heard of Jersey week but boy have I experienced the tour groups.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

I don't know if it still holds true but another cool Jersey law is only every other car has to come to a complete stop at a stop sign. The 2nd car is allowed to make a "rolling stop".I escaped in 1983 but lots of my family are still up there.

Upvote 0

foxfire

djn4882 said:
NJ is one of 2 states in the whole country that are totally full serve gas stations. the whole "what exit" thing is because there are 2 major roadways that run through the state (the GS Parkway and NJ Turnpike) and the vast majority of the residents are close to either one of those roads. so it's easy to figure out where they live by what exit on which road.

i'm from NJ, btw. i'm exit 11 on the NJT

Thanks! My recent trip was to Union, but all I remember is Route 22...

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

KevinPage said:
Jersey week starts when the smell in the Magic Kingdom becomes unbearable.

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AHHHH, the many misconceptions about the entire great Garden State...

Upvote 0

fjm777

Original Poster
A lot of interesting posts ( :) ) but none that really answered my question. :(

surfsupdon said:
It's typically the week of Veterans Day.
So you think that it will be the week of Nov 7th?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom