Which Water Park is Better? Both the same?

Greggy D

Original Poster
I will be there for 10 days come June 27th. I have never been to either water park and this time I want to take the time to cool off.

Any suggestions which one might be better? I don't have kids so kiddie features is not a concern. I am just looking to see if one has any advantage of the other.

I'm just looking for cool slides - a good place to lie out where I'm not surrounded by screaming kids lol and maybe a river to float down down.

Thanks!

Jenna

Well you know the saying one mans trash is another mans treasure and all that but......
my personal favourite (and my familys favourite) is Typhoon Lagoon.
I find the theming to be superior and it gives us that feeling of being on holiday somewhere tropical (granted thats not hard given that we're from Ireland :ROFLOL:)
The wave pool is amazing! Fun for all ages! And provides something abit more interesting than bobbing about in Blizzard beaches wave pool (which does nothing more than bob about though thats not what Blizzard Beach is about...its about slides :D)
As for slides...tbh I only go on Crush and Gusher and the family raft ride but those are rides you can do with members of your group...atleast two people at a time so its great that you experience it together!
Anyways thats my two pence worth! Im sure there are loads of other threads on this topic on here which someone will probably link you to! Have a great trip :wave:

BrennaRN

I absolutely love Typhoon Lagoon. That's my entire family's favorite. It's great to get my husband and my father on the raft together and then take their picture!

I_heart_Tigger

another vote for Typhoon. We used to do both waterparks on each trip then we weeded out Blizzard and did Typhoon, now we sometimes do Typhoon twice each trip

Jenna

another vote for Typhoon. We used to do both waterparks on each trip then we weeded out Blizzard and did Typhoon, now we sometimes do Typhoon twice each trip

Thats what we're doing this trip! No blizzard beach this time but two or three trips to TL!

Chrononymous

I would have to agree with what's been said already!

Typhhon Lagoon is my pick too...especially for relaxing. It has some great slides as well.

Blizzard beach just seems...noisier. And colder.
I know they both have their share of screaming kids, but you just don't seem to notice tham as much at TL!

Thrill Seeker

I'm going to go against the flow and say Blizzard Beach. It's a very large park and very uniquely themed. The wave pool is nothing compared to Typhoon Lagoon, but it has a lot of rather long slides, including Summit Plummet, and it has the best lazy river out of any water park I've been to. Blizzard Beach is an excellent park all around. Typhoon Lagoon is great too, but I prefer Blizzard Beach.

Tyhpoon Lagoon all the way. The naturally tropical theming of TL really helps this park out. I just think the idea of being on an island as opposed to a ski resort is just more realxing. BB has more slides, but the layout is poor in my opinion. TL has the central wavepool as the focal point, I always felt like BB was just spread out and not as easy to navigate.

Both parks are unique and fun, but I always prefer TL. :)

jonnyc

If you want thrills do BB

If you want to relax do TL

Not that both parks don't have both thrills or are not relaxing.

IMO if you've got time do both!

Jeff456

This would be a very hard decision for me to make, BB does have better slides, but I would say that in my opinion T.L. had better theming, if it was me and what I think we will be doing on our next trip is try and go to both. Perhaps you could split your day between the two if you don't want to devote two days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom