Which Warner bros IP would you most excited to see at a universal park?

Which Warner bros IP would you most excited to see at a universal park?

• DC Comics

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Looney Tunes

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Hanna Barbera

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • More Harry Potter

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Lord of the Rings

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Godzilla

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • The Matrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other/listed below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Dc could replace marvel, Hanna Barbera could replace toon lagoon. Looney tunes and lord of the rings could be added to epic universe or a future 4th park.

SpectreJordan

Easily DC. The rides at Six Flags would be exactly the same if they removed the DC branding. It's a shame that Batman & Superman don't have theme park rides worthy of how iconic they are.

The original plans Universal had for DC in IOA sounded amazing. I wish we would've gotten that over Marvel; the Marvel rides are fun, but the theming is not good.

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Those WBD/Comcast merger rumors are bogus. David Zaslav even stated that his company isn't for sale. Heck, NBCUniversal isn't interested in buying WBD.

999th Happy Haunt

DC and Looney Tunes I'm guessing are tied up in contracts with Six Flags? Other than those two, a Hanna Barbera return would be a lot of fun and a Godzilla ride on the scale of Kongfrontation would be stellar.

Last edited:

jonnyc

After seeing what they've done with HP, the thought of Universal ever getting hold of the theme park rights to DC is the most exciting prospect for me. Replace Marvel Super Hero Island with Metropolis, add Gotham to USF and then maybe Atlantis or Themyscira in Epic Universe?

JoeCamel

After seeing what they've done with HP, the thought of Universal ever getting hold of the theme park rights to DC is the most exciting prospect for me. Replace Marvel Super Hero Island with Metropolis, add Gotham to USF and then maybe Atlantis or Themyscira in Epic Universe?
Tell me again why they would ever want to give up Marvel?

Frankenstein79

Definitely D.C., if they go with the comic version. Like they did with Marvel in the late 90's. A Batman version of the Spiderman ride would be a must do. Superman can have the coaster of the land.

Frankenstein79

There was great Epic Universe thread which brought up some great ideas. Like Godzilla vs Kong and D.C. Comics.

jonnyc

Tell me again why they would ever want to give up Marvel?

Because they can't expand on what is already there and can't introduce other Marvel properties to USF and Epic Universe.

I'd prefer a more immersive version of Gotham akin to Hogsmede/Diagon Alley, rather than the comic book theme they have for Marvel Super Hero Island now.

Granted, I wouldn't remove Marvel Super Hero Island unless I had DC lined up ready to replace it.

Rush

We don't actually know that. People just make that assumption because they haven't tried.
Not only that, Universal creative were working on an Iron Man attraction and even patented a ride system before it was shelved after Epic Universe was greenlit. That only means they're able to expand on their Marvel offerings. Plus, Universal has the rights to the four major Marvel comics with the most popular characters so it's not like they don't have an extensive catalogue of IP's to pull from.

Cmdr_Crimson

DC and Looney Tunes I'm guessing are tied up in contracts with Six Flags? Other than those two, a Hanna Barbera return would be a lot of fun and a Godzilla ride on the scale of Kongfrontation would be stellar.
Yes, However the LT ownership didn't roll in until 1984 after they bought Great America in Gurnee Il. 1991-1998 TimeWarner took ownership and the entire IP rights were used..

EricsBiscuit

I read the LotR trilogy and watched all the movies in the span of a month when we heard the LotR rumors in July. Needless to say, I did not expect it to be that good! You can also probably guess where my vote went.

JoeCamel

I read the LotR trilogy and watched all the movies in the span of a month when we heard the LotR rumors in July. Needless to say, I did not expect it to be that good! You can also probably guess where my vote went.
It is an incredible body of work and more amazing to me when I consider the time in which it was written.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom