Which upcoming addition to DCA are you anticipating the most?

Which new ride are you anticipating the most?

• Total voters

mickEblu

Original Poster
For me it’s closer than it should be between Avatar and Coco. DCA could really use a charming D ticket dark ride and Coco is a great IP for one. And it’s a boat ride. My mind knows Avatar will most likely be the better attraction but I’m kind of more intrigued with Coco because I don’t know what to expect and of all the additions feels most like Classic Disney IP. For this reason I’m still undecided…

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
I went with Avatar as being intrigued due to lack of information shouldn’t really count as anticipation but I’m conflicted.

britain

I’m sure Avatar will be the far grander attraction, but I’m kinda more interested in seeing how the Lost Boys Neverland attraction does as an Avengers ride. Will it top the IOA Spider-Man at essentially the same game?

It’s also happening sooner.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’m sure Avatar will be the far grander attraction, but I’m kinda more interested in seeing how the Lost Boys Neverland attraction does as an Avengers ride. Will it top the IOA Spider-Man at essentially the same game?

It’s also happening sooner.

Hmmm this is why I was conflicted because if i was going by this kind of reasoning I would have chosen Coco. Just seems counterintuitive though when you know that Avatar will probably blow the other two attractions away. And yet here I am more interested in discussing Coco as I am intrigued by the possibilities.

coffeefan

I think they might all end up being E-tickets. Avatar will be the most impressive from a technological standpoint and has Cameron's involvement. Avengers has to deliver because fans have been waiting years for it. Coco is one of the newer IPs that Disney uses a lot so I think they want to keep that going. We will have a better idea once we know where the attraction is going.

DisneyAJ

Coco. While Avatar and Avengers will likely be more impressive technologically, Coco could be something super special if done right. It’s the perfect IP for a future classic attraction, and just imagining some sort of drop into the land of the dead has me so excited. It also being my favorite movie from Disney/Pixar from the last decade definitely helps my decision as well.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Coco. While Avatar and Avengers will likely be more impressive technologically, Coco could be something super special if done right. It’s the perfect IP for a future classic attraction, and just imagining some sort of drop into the land of the dead has me so excited. It also being my favorite movie from Disney/Pixar from the last decade definitely helps my decision as well.

I feel like I went with my head instead of my heart for my vote.

DisneyAJ

I feel like I went with my head instead of my heart for my vote.
To be fair, unless something crazy happens, Avatar will be the one with the greatest wow factor with the rumored Shanghai pirates technology and then Cameron’s involvement. That definitely made me pause and rethink my answer for a minute.

mickEblu

Original Poster
To be fair, unless something crazy happens, Avatar will be the one with the greatest wow factor with the rumored Shanghai pirates technology and then Cameron’s involvement. That definitely made me pause and rethink my answer for a minute.

Oh for sure. There is almost no chance it won’t be the far superior ride of the 3 and yet between all the concept art and Shanghai POTC I’m able to visualize what Avatar will be like where Coco is a bit more of a mystery and intriguing. But then again so was MMRR and that ended up disappointing me. If the question was “Which ride will end up being the best?” I think the answer would clearly be Avatar but the question as stated makes it a little more interesting.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
The flat ride for sure.

Stark Flight Lab: New Ride Announced for Disney California Adventure - DVC  Shop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom