Which to FP+, which to stand-by?

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
Kilimanjaro Safari day or night? My understanding is that KS is not treated as 2 separate rides, day and night, so I can only FP+ it once. Since I'd like to ride it twice, once during the day and once at night, I have to choose which time to FP+ it and which time to ride it stand-by. Which would you suggest?

HRHPrincessAriel

Kilimanjaro Safari day or night? My understanding is that KS is not treated as 2 separate rides, day and night, so I can only FP+ it once. Since I'd like to ride it twice, once during the day and once at night, I have to choose which time to FP+ it and which time to ride it stand-by. Which would you suggest?
I'd probably try to pick up a night FP after using my original 3.

jrogue

On June 14th (Tuesday) I used a FP+ to ride the Safari during the day, then made my 4th FP+ the Safari for approximately 8:30 at night. However, at 8:30 the ride was a walk-on and I didn't even need to make the extra reservation!! I believe it was because the Jungle Book show was about to be on at 9pm and most people were waiting for that. Everest, Dinosaur, and the Safari were all walk-ons.

(So I'd advise using it as your first FP during the day, then try for another one later that night or standby it!)

Rebel

Use fast pass for daytime for two reasons:
1. It was a walk on last week after 9
2. We were able to book multiple fast passes for various rides/shows after our first three without a nighttime safari holding that up (this ofcourse is moot if you have a FP for JB it will hold you up also)

Simba's Mom

Original Poster
Thanks all! I think I'll try for FP+ during the day, then stand-by at night. But this is for October, when the park just extended their hours "all the way to"...7:30. But it sounds like not too many people there, so I'll probably be able to use stand-by after dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom