Which room at Port Orleans Riverside?

Deb luvs Disney

We leave in 8 days for our latest visit to Disney World!! Can't wait! We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time and can't decide whether we want to request a mansion or bayou room. I was leaning towards Bayou but don't know now since the rehab seems to be finished in the Mansions.

Any suggestions? Tell me what rooms you think are good for their location to pools, bus stops, etc...

Thanks in advance :animwink: !

jumi1984

we stayed our last visit in alligator bayou

We stayed our last visit in alligator bayou and liked it. It's also now where we are staying from June 16th to the 19th again. The mansions look nice and think either are nice as well. If you have 5 in your family like us you have to use alligator bayou to get the Trundle bed option. Then you're not there long enough to notice much more than your pillow once you get a taste of the parks most time. If possible get close to bus stops or food as they will be where your always going to or coming from when at the resorts. The food court is nice and can satisfy all your needs. Have fun and we'll bump into you maybe in the food court....

Upvote 0

Lilmama21

We stayed at Parterre Place early May. The walk to the lobby/bus stop/boat stop/etc was one minute tops. The rooms hadn't been refurbished yet but they were decent. And it was right next to the quiet pool (open 24 hrs), laundry, etc. Magnolia Terrace is right across from the pool but I'm not sure which room numbers are closest to the bridge to take you across to the lobby (since each Mansion contains three buildings I believe). There has to be room numbers for the buildings broken down somewhere. Don't make me swear on this but think our room number was 9530. First floor. Hope you have a great stay!

Upvote 0

Disney4648

Alligator Bayou is located in the very back of the resort is a huge walk to get to the food court and lobby. Its nice and peaceful back there and there is a lot of landscape to provide shade. Magnolia Bend is a nice part of the resort which is the the right of the lobby. Magnolia Bend reminds me of antebellum mansions.

Upvote 0

GrumpysGal

Re: we stayed our last visit in alligator bayou

Originally posted by jumi1984
We stayed our last visit in alligator bayou and liked it. It's also now where we are staying from June 16th to the 19th again.

See you there jumi1984!!! :wave: :D

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

I like Magnolia Terrace because it's close to the bus stop and it's a nice leisurly walk to the food court...

the Bayou's are cool too because they are somewhat secuded...lot of foliage...

but I'm going to request Magnolia Terrace again this July...

Upvote 0

Becky

Lilmama21 said:
We stayed at Parterre Place early May. The walk to the lobby/bus stop/boat stop/etc was one minute tops. The rooms hadn't been refurbished yet but they were decent. And it was right next to the quiet pool (open 24 hrs), laundry, etc. down somewhere. Don't make me swear on this but think our room number was 9530. First floor. Hope you have a great stay!

9544 last May :wave:

Upvote 0

Kadee

We have stayed at POR (loved it, by the way) and were in Oak Manor. It is one of the closest to the Food Court. I've also seen the Bayou rooms and they are very nice. I prefer the mansions but I really don't think it matters too much. I would suggest that you ask for the closest room to the Food Court. If you buy the refillable mugs, then you really don't want to walk that far every day to get something to drink. I've read on another "Disney Info" site that Building #14 in the Bayou section is officially the closest but Oak Manor and Parterre Place look just as close to me. Also, you may want to walk to the front to the main bus stop to catch a bus. I think that is the first stop in POR and they fill up quick because the same bus services PO FQ and they are first to get picked up.

Upvote 0

BrerVeritas

I have stayed in both Mansion and Bayou rooms, and I have to Baou was far better. I stayed in building 14 and we were right next to a pool and a very short walk from the main building and main bus stop, which saves a lot of time from stopping at the rear bus stops.) The trees and winding pathways near the bayou make you feel much more secluded than the sparse landscaping at the mansions. Also, the beds have a nice "carved" log frame and you get that soung of the south shower curtain.

P.s. Be on the look out for hidden mickeys on you bedspread.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

BrerVeritas said:
I have stayed in both Mansion and Bayou rooms, and I have to Baou was far better. I stayed in building 14 and we were right next to a pool and a very short walk from the main building and main bus stop, which saves a lot of time from stopping at the rear bus stops.) The trees and winding pathways near the bayou make you feel much more secluded than the sparse landscaping at the mansions. Also, the beds have a nice "carved" log frame and you get that soung of the south shower curtain.

P.s. Be on the look out for hidden mickeys on you bedspread.

I agree. We have stayed in building 14 at Alligator Bayou and will be requesting that building again in September. I have stayed in both and prefer Alligator Bayou. Building 14 is right through the trees from the main bus stop and you can actually see from your room the main building with the food court which is only a few steps along the sidewalk. Alligator is different to me because of the rustic furniture and tin roof. I did not care for the mansions because they gave you the same look of many non-disney hotels (flowered bedspreads, regular hotel furniture, etc.). All being said, though, both are really nice.

Upvote 0

LisaStockman

Rooms ar Port ORLEANS

hI Guys,
I'm from the U.K and my husband and I are coming to WDW Port Orleans Resort on 28th Sept for 2 weeks and we can't wait!!!
This will be our 1st time staying in a Disney resort.
From reading your comments I think the Mansion rooms will suit us best and I think perhaps Mansion Terrace or Oak Manor as I believe they have been recently refurbished.
Any tips you guys for getting a good room on check in?
Many thanks
Only 11weeks to go.....and counting

Lisa

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

to get an absolutely beautiful room in either section of Riverside ( Bayou or Mansions, really just decorating preferences) it is really tough.........you must show up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously though, this is one of the more outsanding resorts in general. I have always been attracted by the down home Southern feel of the place. Dont worry, I have stayed there a number of times in the past few years and I havent had a bad room as of yet. Make your preferences known and I am sure the CM will work with you to get you what you'd like!!! Belle
P.S. Dont forget to try Boatwright's for the most outstanding breakfast ( alacarte) on property!!!!

Upvote 0

Becky

LisaStockman said:
hI Guys,
From reading your comments I think the Mansion rooms will suit us best and I think perhaps Mansion Terrace or Oak Manor Lisa

I believe that Oak Manor is a smoking building. Help me out here someone :)

I am staying POR 9/18-25.

There shouldn't be much of a problem getting the building and floor you want as you are going sort of off season(if there is such a thing anymore). Ask for what you want at check in. If they try to put you in something else try a different floor or be willing to wait until what you want is cleaned. The CM will bend over backwards to help give you what you want if it is available.

If you arrive real late you may not get the building, view and floor you want but will probably get part of it. The only time I did not get the building I wanted was in May. I asked for MT but it was being rehabed.

POR is a great resort. As Belle said, show up and you can't go wrong. :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I thought so as well but apparently there are non smoking areas in that building as well. I stayed there in May in Oak Manor and I had a non-smoking room. Belle

Upvote 0

Kadee

I stayed in Oak Manor and it was a non smoking room as were most of them around us. We have to stay in non smoking because of allergies, etc... so I am sure they have non smoking rooms. And it is a beautiful building.

Upvote 0

Kadee

ONe more thing..... I have heard that it helps to call a few weeks/days before you check in and remind them of your request (if you requested it at reservations). Get there early. Most people check in later in the day so the earlier you arive, the more likely you are to get what you want.

Upvote 0

jeffs10

I staying there sept 12-17 and looking for the quietest place to stay and furthest away from the main pool and eating area i dont mind the walk .

so which is the most far away place to stay at riverside?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom