Which Retired Attraction do you miss most?

KaliSplash

Where to begin? I can't put them in order so we'll just tour the parks:
1. Timekeeper
2. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
3. Fantasy Fare
4. Legend of the Lion King
5. Cronkite version of Spaceship Earth
6. Film from The Living Seas. (The Deluge)
7. Kitchen Kabaret
8. Original Journey Into Imagination
9. The World of Motion
10. Horzons
11. Wonders of Life (particulary Body Wars and Cranium Command)
12. Maelstrom
13. Super Star TV
14. Monster Sound Show
15. Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Narrowing those down, I'd say Spaceship Earth, Kitchen Kaberet, The World of Motion, Horizons, Wonders of Life, SuperStar TV
Narrowing those down, I'd say World of Motion, Horizons and Wonders of Life. (and I DO like both Test Track and Mission:Space a LOT!)

graphite1326

This ... sorely missed.
ae%20sign%20big.jpg

Replaced by this monstrosity.
220px-Stitch_%40_SGE.jpg
This is mine too

HolleBolleGijs

There's a lot that I "miss" in the sense that I'm only just too young to have experienced/remember them. Like the glory days of Future World. Or Alien Encounter.

Of the ones that I remember:
Mickey and Minnie's houses in Toontown
Snow White (shout-out to DLP for letting me ride this again)
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire

boilerpicc

So many...

Horizons
Dreamflight
Kitchen Kabaret
Journey into Imagination
Makin Memories
Imageworks - Does anyone else remember being able to go up the top of the pavilion? I remember going up there and seeing an exhibition of all of the winners of a Kodak photo contest.

AdventureHasAName

I've got a 3-part answer ...

1. The attraction I personally miss the most is Horizons. I think it was one of the 5 best theme park attractions ever created.

2. The attraction I think WDW misses most because of its removal is the original Journey Into Imagination. I think if it was left alone (and the ImageWorks was renovated from time to time), that pavilion would be looked upon as favorably today as IASW.

3. The attraction whose removal harmed the park it's in the most was World of Motion. Before the WoM removal, Future World was a cohesive land. The downfall of the land started with WDI destroying the architectural cohesiveness by erecting all that scaffolding.

jessfriends

Horizons - this ride (and most of Epcot of the 80s-early 90s) inspired me so much I can even begin to explain. I still think of this ride way too often and listen to the music a lot. I would say this is the one I would want back if we could bring one back. I know it would need to be updated if it was still around today. It was a sad day when it closed and when I rode it several times on my last visit before the closure. I still remember that day to this day.

Mr. Toad - memories of childhood, I was happy to ride the Disneyland version a couple years ago but it just wasn't the same but better than nothing.

Skyway - The views were amazing and can never be experienced again except by photo/video.

WoL - I know it looked dated up until it was redone to all white inside to be used for the festivals but I think I miss this because it was EPCOT Center - fun but educational

The Original Test Track - while I liked WoM but barely remember it I am not a fan of the new Test Track. While the original TT was dated it had a better story line. I do it once a trip instead of once every time I visit Epcot.

Journey Into Imagination & ImageWorks - again memories of childhood and not being able to go upstairs anymore annoys me that it stays empty and decaying away when it could be another attraction to visit.

Spaceship Earth (Cronkite & Irons Versions)
- I miss the decent scenes and I now I like looking back at old technology even though at the time it was new technology. I know that it needs to stay updated to keep current but it's just nostalgic. I mostly miss the tone of the narration and the decent scenes. I like the video that plays on the decent but they are getting old as I probably have seen all of the combinations to choose from.

EPCOT Center - As I mentioned above while people look back and say could say it's dated it was fun but educational and very different from the other parks. It's sad how it has become less and less EPCOT Center but I still like the park and hope it can make a comeback some day. I know things need to change and I think Walt said he didn't want the parks to turn into a museum and Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world but it's just sad how the original idea of EPCOT Center is almost gone from the park. Imagination these days is what character makes us the most money so we can put it in an attraction to make more money.

Alien Encounter - I liked Skippy & S.I.R. also better storyline than Stitch

Not a ride but I loved the Magic Kingdom E-Ride Nights. You would pay an extra $10 or so and could ride like 10 rides in the MK after hours. Great memories. There were hardly any lines as they limited the sale of the tickets.

I only had 1 trip of about a week to Disneyland and DCA but I will miss the Luigi Tire ride. I know there were issues and it was slow moving but again it was a good memory and a different & fun experience.

Last edited:

vyst

Old Innoventions, I don't care if it's antiquated Sega Genesis and old console games it was so much fun.

Horizons, This was an amazing right that sparked the imagination of what a "future" could be.

Old Test Track, I prefer the old ride, but I'll admit I like the queue ambiance of the new one better

Delta Dreamflight, I'm probably the only one that really enjoyed this ride but it was just a relaxing breather in Tomorrowland.

wdwmom2+1

Mine would be:
1. 1980's EPCOT
2. Mr. Toad's
3. Orginal studios tour
4. Orginal animation tour
5. Snow white scary adventures
6. Wonders of life pavillion EPCOT
7. HORIZONS
8. Journey into Imagination..

Retroman40

Cranium Commander and Body Wars
Food Rocks (especially "Excess" - give me sugar and fat!)
Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Catastrophe Canyon/Residential Street at Hollywood (MGM) Studios
Walter Cronkite on Spaceship Earth
A live ride host on Living with the Land

Misterdcp

Original Poster
any of these great attractions would be great to see make a comeback, but sadly it will probably never happen. Hopefully someday Disney will create another original attraction to replace some of these great memories

OliveMcFly

Nice to see some Dreamflight listed. I always loved this ride because I could "travel". Plus the French and Japanese music playing in the ride was beautiful.

MickeyLuv'r

Probably 20,000 leagues, with If You Had Wings in second.
I'd also take any of the prior attractions that occupied the space Stitch now occupies over the current version. :)

Brer Panther

I'm gonna miss the Magic of Disney Animation.

It stinks that I never got to ride the original Journey Into Imagination either, though I do enjoy the current version.

laynalee07

Not an attraction, but I miss sit down resturants pre Disney Dining Plan. The restaurants are now over saturated and they have really dumbed down the quality of the food!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom