which resort should we choose?

Poco909

me and my parents r planning to go in sept, and we need to decide between conado springs or carribean beach resort, i know the CB main pool is close but as long at the quiet pools r open its good. Anyways...which resort would u say is the best? can't decide which one to go to? share your opinions..thanks

Eyekimore

After the recent bedbugs thread at the CBR- I would go Coronado Springs. I guess I always consider CS a convention resort. I've visited- but never stayed. Any reason you excluded Port Orleans as a choice? Were they full? I'm partial to PO for a moderate. I love Alligator Bayou in POR! The French Quarter rooms were redone in the last few years and should be really nice.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

After the recent bedbugs thread at the CBR- I would go Coronado Springs. I guess I always consider CS a convention resort. I've visited- but never stayed. Any reason you excluded Port Orleans as a choice? Were they full? I'm partial to PO for a moderate. I love Alligator Bayou in POR! The French Quarter rooms were redone in the last few years and should be really nice.

I was going to say the same thing about the bedbugs at CBR lol. I have stayed at all of the mods except French Quarter (staying there this year), and I loved POR the best so far. But if I had to choose between CBR and Coronado, I'd say go with Coronado Springs. Its such a pretty resort. They have nice main pool. You won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

Yes there were bedbugs at CBR and it's definately something to consider when choosing.

That being said, I prefer CBR over CS. The rooms are a little bigger and IMHO the food court is 10 times better at CBR. I also personally liked the themeing and we had better bus service at CBR--although that was probably just a coincidence of the timing we were there.

Have you considered Port Orleans French Quarter or Port Orleans Riverside? I've never stayed at them, but we're planning to in October and I'm really looking forward to it. I know many folks who choose it as their Moderate Resort Favorite.

Have fun whatever you decide!

Upvote 0

courty

I have stayed at POR 3 times now and it is a fantastic resort, great pool, good foodcourt and restaurant, beautiful grounds...however this comming august we are staying at Coronado Springs for the first time and for one main reason...due to somthing i noticed last summer. The wait for the bus from the parks at Coronado Springs was almost always one of the shortest lines, where the lines for POR and FQ were always a little bit crazy. I mean i am 20 years old and can certainly hold my own trecking the parks for 12 hours straight, but at midnight it is rough having to wait in line for 30-45 minutes to get the bus back to the resort (and never having a seat) This was just somthign i noticed, as well Coronado is a little bit newer so I have high hopes...plus I think it will be a nice change. I dont think i would spend the money to stay at CBR during the refurbs with is the main pool closed, even with the quiet pools just think how busy they are going to be with everyone using those instead of the main pool...the quiet pools are not huge nor do they have the ambiance the themed pools have....Best of Luck! Cheers!

Upvote 0

Poco909

Original Poster

yaaa we stay at POR last Oct 2005, it was nice, we wanted to stay there again,. but we wanted the free dining and it wasnt offer there, only at CB and CS

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

Stayed at Carribean Beach something like 10 years ago. It was ok but didn't impress us enough to want to go back. A friend of mine loves it there and always stays there. We felt that it was too spread out.

As for Coronado, I've read some great things about it. If we were staying at a moderate, I would consider it. Unfortunately, I think my family has been officially bitten by the Deluxe bug! Fine for me, as my parents pay and I tag along :p But I looked into Coronado for a trip with a friend for our spring break from college and I read lots of good things about it. It's a convention hotel, so the atmosphere will probably seem a bit different. The pool looks great and I've heard wonderful things about the restaurants. Have fun choosing! :wave:

Upvote 0

maryszhi

me and my parents r planning to go in sept, and we need to decide between conado springs or carribean beach resort, i know the CB main pool is close but as long at the quiet pools r open its good. Anyways...which resort would u say is the best? can't decide which one to go to? share your opinions..thanks
i would say port orleans riverside. It is my fav. moderate resort, and is the best one in my opinion in theme and in ammenties/location. they also have an awesome pool

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

I wonder why they wouldn't offer the free dining if you stayed at PO? :confused:

Oh well! I vote CS! I love the look of the main pool area. It has a pretty cool store, too!

Hey- you'll be in WDW- it'll still be better than home. Well- except for bedbugs! :eek:

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

We have only stayed at the CSR of all the moderates so it gets our vote. We have no desire to try the others (we have visited them all and walked the grounds and eaten at them) because of our love for CSR. We will be staying for the 7th time this September to celebrate our 25th anniversary (and DH offered me the Polynesian...but I chose CSR). It has everything you could want--a great food court, a good sit down restaurant, main pool with a great slide, food and drinks, hot tub, three quiet pools (one in each section), lovely landscaping, walking trails, the lake with boat rentals, bike rentals, spa/fitness center, etc. We love it.

Upvote 0

Poco909

Original Poster
yeaa probably did sold out the free dining at PO...we really love that resort, still deciding, in my opinion, i would like to try CS..we'll see what the rents think...but PO may be an option if they change their minds and just decide to go there without free dining....but its fine wherever we go, I go back to PO again:) or we'll try a new resort:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom