Which resort should we choose???

EchoOfOphelia

My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon in Sept. We usually stay at the Caribbean Beach but decided to go all out for our honeymoon. We looked at all the Deluxe resorts and decided that we liked the Wilderness Lodge the best. But now, months after booking we are sort of thinking of changing it to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Has anyone stayed at either of these?
Good or bad comments?
Can we ensure that we get a room where the animals come right up to your balcony??

Thanks for your help! :wave:

mwitkus

I am definitely biased. I have only stayed onsite once so far, and it was Wilderness Lodge. I loved it there and would highly recommend it!!!

From what I hear, the rooms are pretty much the same in terms of what you get although the theming is different. I didn't think the rooms were anything fabulous, but we had a great view of a small pond right outside of our room. But the hotel was incredible. The theming was great, the food was great, the service was great, the decor was great... everything was great!

I'm sure wherever you stay, you will love it. How can you go wrong if you are staying at Disney?

Upvote 0

wild01ride

I agree w/ mwitkus as far as the Wilderness Lodge goes. I have not stayed at either, but have visited both extensively and still prefer the atmosphere of WL a little more than AKL.
My parents have stayed at both and love both- however they prefer the theming of the AKL over WL.

I think that both will be comparable in room size, transportation and service. Both have excellent restaurants and amazing decor and theming.
It probably comes down to what theme you prefer- to me, I like the north woods feel, however my parents loved the animals.

I probably haven't been much help in helping decide, but I second the notion that no matter where you stay, you will have an outstanding time.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by EchoOfOphelia
My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon in Sept. We usually stay at the Caribbean Beach but decided to go all out for our honeymoon. We looked at all the Deluxe resorts and decided that we liked the Wilderness Lodge the best. But now, months after booking we are sort of thinking of changing it to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Has anyone stayed at either of these?
Good or bad comments?
Can we ensure that we get a room where the animals come right up to your balcony??

Thanks for your help! :wave:

I actually had clients who went to disney for their anniversary and had the same two resorts in mind. I would suggest the Wilderness because I think it's more romantic. The honeymoon suites come with a sunken tub that has a faucet that is shaped like a waterfall and the geyser sound gets piped into the room. It's secluded somewhat from the other rooms. They also have a special terrace that you can have a nice romantic dinner at sunset on. I think it's called the sunset terrace. At the AKL the animals do not even get close to your balcony.

Pam

Upvote 0

pisco

If you are an animal lover (as my wife and I are) then AKL is a no brainer. You just can't beat the experiance of waking up in the morning and watching the giraffes and zeba raom outside your window. Also, the food their is wonderful.

I have never been to WL so I can't comment on it.

Upvote 0

Michael72688

I've stayed in both, and they are both great! Overall I would choose Animal Kingdom Lodge, the views are amazing, a great pool (which also has a great view), and amazing lobby, but when I stayed there in early Sept. 2001 the food was terrible, infact I got sick from eating some of the African stuff but, there is some other resturant that has some what "American" food, that's where we ate after our first night, even though I think the menu has changed, anyways like I said I would go w/ the AKL, but of course it's your decision, hope you have fun!

Upvote 0

goaler

We have stayed at the WL four times and can't wait to go back! It has a very romantic atmosphere, evenings are quiet a great way to crash after pounding the pavement all day at the parks.

Transportation is great as long as you are not in a great hurry, we take the boat to MK and get the monorail to EPCOT from there. I think it makes the hassle of getting from place to place more enjoyable when you are not always on a bus.

You won't be disappointed with WL at all, in fact you won't be able to wait to go back!

Congratulations :sohappy:

Upvote 0

goaler

We have stayed at the WL four times and can't wait to go back! It has a very romantic atmosphere, evenings are quiet a great way to crash after pounding the pavement all day at the parks.

Transportation is great as long as you are not in a great hurry, we take the boat to MK and get the monorail to EPCOT from there. I think it makes the hassle of getting from place to place more enjoyable when you are not always on a bus.

You won't be disappointed with WL at all, in fact you won't be able to wait to go back!

Congratulations :sohappy:

Upvote 0
Actually, you might think about the Boardwalk. We went there on a wedding anniversary, had told them via e-mail before arriving, and when we got there, they had upgraded us to the Garden Suites, which were just awesome. I'm sure this doesn't happen everyday, but you might think about it. Also if there are no kids with you, there is a lot to do on the Boardwalk. There is the brew pub, ESPN, the dueling piano bar, the dance place, a couple of good restaurants. Plus you can walk to Epcot in about 10 minutes or less.

We stayed at the Grand Floridian this last trip. Although a beautiful hotel, we found there was absolutely nothing to do (with the exception of the pool) until after 6. We spent a great deal of the time at the Boardwalk, and wished we had stayed there....

Just a thought....

Upvote 0

goofyman

Originally posted by mwitkus
I am definitely biased. I have only stayed onsite once so far, and it was Wilderness Lodge. I loved it there and would highly recommend it!!!

From what I hear, the rooms are pretty much the same in terms of what you get although the theming is different. I didn't think the rooms were anything fabulous, but we had a great view of a small pond right outside of our room. But the hotel was incredible. The theming was great, the food was great, the service was great, the decor was great... everything was great!

I'm sure wherever you stay, you will love it. How can you go wrong if you are staying at Disney?

Ditto! This place is amazing. but they all are wonderful not matter which you choose

Upvote 0

CrisKennedy

I highly recommend WL...that where my husband and I stayed on our honeymoon. Very romantic...our room was by the fireplace on the 4th floor overlooking the lobby. You should a little time at this fireplace...it's very cozy.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I would stay at the WL. Have stayed there 4 times and am going back in August. Try to get a seat by the fireplace in the evening...there is nothing like it. Have stayed at the Contemporary and Poly, but always go back to the Lodge!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom