Which Princesses will return to Princess Fairytale Hall?

No Name

I think Anna and Elsa should meet in both parks. The demand is there, and if it's not, it'll probably be there when Frozen 2 comes out next year.

Well..it works just fine at disneyland where we don't even have fastpass for meet and greets. (except anna and elsa)

Exactly, but Disneyland has very different guests. There are far more locals, therefore a greater reason to keep things fresh from day to day.

And it has very different system that doesn't require planning ahead months in advance. WDW could get rid of the fastpass for meet and greets, but that wouldn't matter much, because people already have to have an idea of their day and plan around their other fastpasses and reservations and etc.

Even if you don't agree with all of that (though it's true), whatever. It may "work just fine" in MK. But I fail to see why it's a good idea, and why it benefits anyone other than locals. It's unnecessary. Why should they do it?

Disney_TX_Guy

Original Poster
I think it's safe to say that Aurora will be going back to the Hall since she is a popular character among little girls. Part of that popularity has to do with the fact that she has her own kingdom in California. Tiana going there does make sense she is going to be a part of the castle show. If the Magic Kingdom website does not list Tiana's meet-and-greet on June 17th, then it's safe to say she is the fourth princess you are most likely to meet at the Hall. Once the fall comes around there will be a new show in front of it and I think she will go back to her gazebo at Liberty Square. Snow White will probably be at the Hall more often when that happens.

Last edited:

Disney_TX_Guy

Original Poster
Tiana is officially moving to Princess Fairytale Hall on June 17. She will be meeting guests alongside Rapunzel. Her last day at Liberty Square will be on June 16. It will also be Prince Naveen's last day at Magic Kingdom. :(

http://www./2016/06/princess-and-th...ewell-to-the-magic-kingdom-walt-disney-world/

I think it's also safe to say that Aurora will be doing meet-and-greets alongside Cinderella.

Disney_TX_Guy

Original Poster
As most of you know by now, Aurora has returned to the Princess Fairytale Hall. A park guest to go the Hall and talk to her and Tiana about doing meet-and-greets there along with Cinderella and Rapunzel, who have been there since the beginning.

Bocabear

Can we just evict all the princesses and turn this pace back into a ride?

There's enough princess meet n greets throughout the 4 parks already.
for the win! I saw the posting title and I thought....Who cares? I would rather discuss who is going to be the next paper towel sponsor for the bathrooms...lol

lebeau

Can we just evict all the princesses and turn this pace back into a ride?

There's enough princess meet n greets throughout the 4 parks already.

While I prefer a ride to a M&G are there really that many princess M&Gs outside of overpriced buffets? Seems to me Disney can scarcely keep up with demand. I'd be all for putting in a ride, but those M&Gs serve a purpose as well.

Off the top of my head, other than PFTH you have got:

MK:
Aurora (moving into PFTH)
Tiana (also moving into PFTH)
Belle (via Enchanted Tales - not a full M&G though)
Merida

Epcot:
Auroa, Snow White, Mulan - varies across WS
Anna and Elsa which is sure to be very in demand

HS:
Um.... none I think?

DAK:
Pocahontas maybe if she even counts

It seems to me that eliminating PFTH without a suitable replacement would be far from "enough princess meet and greets".

Disney_TX_Guy

Original Poster
While I prefer a ride to a M&G are there really that many princess M&Gs outside of overpriced buffets? Seems to me Disney can scarcely keep up with demand. I'd be all for putting in a ride, but those M&Gs serve a purpose as well.

MK:
Merida

Epcot:

HS:
Um.... none I think?

DAK:

It seems to me that eliminating PFTH without a suitable replacement would be far from "enough princess meet and greets".

Snow White is also doing meet-and-greets in front of Magic Kingdom. Meanwhile Ariel is at her Grotto in the park and Jasmine can be seen alongside Aladdin in Adventureland. One of my co-workers recently went to Epcot and he meet Belle there and she was wearing her blue dress with her apron.

lebeau

Snow White is also doing meet-and-greets in front of Magic Kingdom. Meanwhile Ariel is at her Grotto in the park and Jasmine can be seen alongside Aladdin in Adventureland. One of my co-workers recently went to Epcot and he meet Belle there and she was wearing her blue dress with her apron.

I knew I was forgetting some. Still, that leaves us with a dozen or less outside of PFTH across all four parks, right? Take away the Hall without a replacement and supply is far outstripped by demand.

Bocabear

I knew I was forgetting some. Still, that leaves us with a dozen or less outside of PFTH across all four parks, right? Take away the Hall without a replacement and supply is far outstripped by demand.
you know...there is demand for more attractions too that is not being met, but for some reason we are more concerned about having enough princesses? What about all the kids that wanted to ride 20,00 Leagues?...they didn't replace it with anything...I always rode Snow White's Scary Adventures on every trip... can't do that anymore, but someone is worried that they can't meet a princess? No one seems worried that I can't ride attractions because they have been closed...

Herbie

MK:
Merida

Epcot:

HS:
Um.... none I think?

DAK:

Aurora used to meet in France, but doesn't any longer, unfortunately. Happy that she has a new home.

UberPlannerMom

Maybe they'll rotate them out every few weeks.
For everyone saying Elena should be there, she's a Disney Junior character, so maybe she'd be in Hollywood Studios like Sofia. I would honestly be surprised if she did show up at the Magic Kingdom.
Oh thank goodness you said this! I was starting to think I was crazy thinking that she is a disney jr character and started wondering if I was not remembering moana correctly!

Matt_Black

Maybe they'll rotate them out every few weeks.
For everyone saying Elena should be there, she's a Disney Junior character, so maybe she'd be in Hollywood Studios like Sofia. I would honestly be surprised if she did show up at the Magic Kingdom.

For the record, it's Disney Channel. It seems like they're aiming for a slightly older audience than Sofia the First. Makes sense- gives the kids a familiar setting to segue into when they outgrow Disney Junior.

lebeau

you know...there is demand for more attractions too that is not being met, but for some reason we are more concerned about having enough princesses? What about all the kids that wanted to ride 20,00 Leagues?...they didn't replace it with anything...I always rode Snow White's Scary Adventures on every trip... can't do that anymore, but someone is worried that they can't meet a princess? No one seems worried that I can't ride attractions because they have been closed...

I'm pro-attraction. If I had my way, they would have built a new home for the princess meet and greets. But the original post indicate that we had "enough princess meet and greets" when the truth of the matter is that Disney is barely keeping up with demand. There is this sentiment among fans that the very existence of princesses or anything that doesn't appeal to them (usually adult males) is somehow infringing on their perfect park. Disney could do a better job all around, but princesses are needed too. Appearances to the contrary, they aren't the problem. Disney's reluctance to build new attractions is.

Having said all of that, you're example doesn't exactly make me sympathetic to your cause. I think most of us consider the trade of Snow White for Seven Dwarfs to be a fair one. Yes, I'd have rather had both, but that was never really an option with current management.

Overall, I'm on your side with regards to Disney opening new attractions and not shutting down old ones. But you lose me when you make the "Disney caters too much to little girls" argument. They don't. I know because I have two of them.

Bocabear

My point was not that Disney caters too much to little girls, but that somewhere along the way, Disney decided to shutter attractions and then add Meet & Greets as a replacement. Wne they built Hong Kong Disneyland with very few actual rides, they said it was because the people there preferred dining and meet and greets over attractions... which turned out to be completely tone-deaf...and they had to quickly add rides and attractions to keep the park from tanking... Similarly all over Disney World they have been taking away attractions...Meet and Greets are the only thing they seem focused on adding... And I think they have built up the demand for that. 30 years ago if you saw a character, that was great...but not necessary... Now they seem to have built it into their marketing that you HAVE to meet a character...and of course, that is the cheapest thing they can do... You are paying a hundred dollars for a ticket...and wasting 4 of your 8 hours in line to meet a minimum paid hourly employee in a costume... Why spend the money on an attraction if they can keep up the inflated demand for a Meet and Greet?

Disney_TX_Guy

Original Poster
Inside the Magic interviewed Tiana and Aurora at the Hall. Tiana also gave an interesting update on what Louis has been up to since he is not part of Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom