Which pins to collect next?

PrincessASquare

Original Poster
My family and I recently got back from a 5 day holiday trip to WDW. We went armed with pins to trade and a mission to collect all 26 cast lanyard alphabet pins. Unbelieveably, with only hours left in our trip, we found the the last pin to complete the collection from a cast member at AK. We had a blast scouring the parks looking for these pins.

We are heading back in mid February. We would love to do this again. My question is, are there any collections similar to the alphabet pins that we can look for on our next trip? We have pins to trade. We just need a new mission. Thanks

DisneyPinDad

A few thoughts:

There are, of course, many series of pins in the Hidden Mickey groups. Most of these are in the 5-6 pins each range. We've done many of these (my son and I) over the years. A couple favorites have included the coffee cups (now hard to find), the "Wanted" posters (also tough) and the park icons (not so hard). Pick a set you like and run with it.

A variation on this is what I call the "first lanyard quest" - when you get to Disney and are ready to trade, go to the first CM you see and trade for a Hidden Mickey pin (assuming they have one, else go to the "next first" CM). Then try to finish that set.

Or...build a set of the pins from one of the box sets (we do this with the "Cutie" pins - the one that sort of look like baby characters. Disney sells many box sets (check any pin display) and they become popular traders when broken up. Your challenge is to "rebuild" a set. Lots of options.

Last couple ideas: Favorite character quest - everyone works on their favorite. -OR- Someone ELSE'S favorite (we've done this where I work on his (Donald) and he does mine (Goofy) and then with 2-3 days left we "reveal" our haul and if there are any we don't like, we still have time to trade back.

One I have considered but never done is either "all the lands of Epcot" in some manner or "all the rides we rode/loved".

Hope that helps!! Having been at this for 10 years, having a "quest" is our favorite thing these days. And don't be afraid to "change horses" mid-week and start a new quest.

Have fun!!!:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom