which park to go to to get good suntan

blrduster

My teenage daughters are concerned with getting a good suntan while we are there, The weather forecast calls for a couple of clear sunny days , the others are calling for clouds. Which park is best for being outside most to get suntan ?

MY_NAME_STITCH

In my opinion the sunniest park has to be MGM. There aren't that many trees in the park and you have to walk in the sun to get anywhere. Also, the lack of trees makes it a bad park to be in on a rainy day. I've been there on an all day rain and got totally soaked. :eek:

Wherever you decide to get your sun, I hope you have a great time.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I agree, there's no reasoning with teenaged girls.

When I was a teenage girl (many years ago, when the ozone layer was still intact), I went to Florida on a band trip.

At the hotel (Sheraton Daytona Beach---worst hotel on earth!), there was a sign by the pool:

Warning:
Florida sun is tropical sun. You will get burned faster etc etc.

They were right. I was 16 and my frontal lobes (the site of reasoning and logic) were so sufficiently under-developed that I paid no attention. At bedtime, I paid the price.

HOWEVER--I interpreted that burn as the sweet (although painful) sign of success in my pursuit of a tan.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

MY_NAME_STITCH said:
In my opinion the sunniest park has to be MGM. There aren't that many trees in the park and you have to walk in the sun to get anywhere. Also, the lack of trees makes it a bad park to be in on a rainy day. I've been there on an all day rain and got totally soaked. :eek:

Wherever you decide to get your sun, I hope you have a great time.

Funny you mention MGM and rain. I was the opposite on our last trip, it was raining and we found lots of coverage (all the rides and studios) were great escapes.

Upvote 0

Connor002

TAC said:
go over to any of the beaches...

rub butter all over your body...

spread out a beach towel...

lie down on towel...

turn over every 30 min - 60 minutes...

repeat step 5 until outer skin looks golden, brown, and delicious

Mmmm... :slurp:

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

MonoRon said:
Little off topic here but isnt Animal Kingdom always 10 degrees hotter than any other park or is that just me?

I'm gonna agree with you there....everytime we hit Animal Kingdom we don't stay for very long, it always seems way too hot. But then we get stupid and go to Epcot and bake in the sun for a few hours :)

One thing, if you wear sandals don't forget to apply sunscreen on your feet...nothing worse than sunburned feet (ouch!)

Upvote 0

awalte7

MonoRon said:
Little off topic here but isnt Animal Kingdom always 10 degrees hotter than any other park or is that just me?

YES!!I've never had a sunburn in my life after numerous trips to Disney, the carribbean and hawaii. The first(and only) time I went to animal kingdom I had my very first sunburn. It was overcast and 101 degrees in August. Ouch. Thankfully, I have extremely thick skin and it went away by the next morning.

As for tanning, I had an awesome(meaning a people would ask me what race I was) tan after waitting in line for summit plummit at Bilzzard beach. MK I had some color on my cheeks and shoulders from walking in between rides and at MGM I didn't have any color at all but my best friend had sun poisoning after waitting in line for the Rock and rollercoaster.

But for all you Science freaks wouldn't all of the white at BB help prevent a sunburn because white reflects light???Just a thought.

Upvote 0

mills

Don't know if it will help with tanning, but I agree that Animal Kingdom always seems to have hotter weather than any other park. On our last trip, my father wanted to skip Animal Kingdom for this reason:animwink:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
awalte7 said:
But for all you Science freaks wouldn't all of the white at BB help prevent a sunburn because white reflects light???Just a thought.

Actually, reflecting it mjeans you get it direct from the sun and then you get it again reflected. Double whammy! :hammer:

Upvote 0

Nicole

I also always put sunscreen on the part in my hair because I have burned there at WDW. Part, hairline, ears, back of arms, top of feet.

Maybe do the "best park to get a tan" on the last day of your trip so that they are suffering from their sunburns at home and not on an expensive vacation.

Upvote 0

PLaYaGRaNdE

Does Disney have any tanning beds? I'm going to guess if they did they'd be at the Grand Floridian...:veryconfu Please let me know. Also, I know here in Texas most places you have be 18 or older to go tanning without parental permission. Does anyone know if that is the case in Florida? I'm 17..:brick:

Upvote 0

MissM

Tanning bed + Florida sun is an oxymoron. Trust me, you'll not tan but burn in under a half an hour just fine. Just walk around with any sunscreen, hat, or protection.

Jeez. People's obsession with getting skin cancer knows no limits.
-m

Upvote 0

Adreamisawish

If all your teenage daughters are interested in is where to get a good suntan, then don't waste the money on them for WDW. Take them to the beach. They don't deserve to go to WDW.

WDW is the most Magical Place on Earth. Who gives a flying hoot about a suntan!

*shaking my head and rolling my eyes* CHILDREN!

Upvote 0

Sparkle81

It doesn't matter which park I'm in, I would burn to a crisp very quickly if I didn't have a high factor suntan lotion with me.

I find it really disturbing to see people walking around the parks in such intense heat, without looking like they've ever been introduced to a suntan lotion bottle :mad:

Upvote 0

kal1484

This is funny because of what I saw at AK on Sunday.

We were walking to go into Dinosaur, and outside, near the entrance next to the water, these two girls were laying down, took their shirts off so they had on swimsuit tops and had those cheerleader shorts on and were in the process of rolling them up. come on!! It's disney, not a waterpark! Luckily a CM saw and came over. How rude is this? and stupid! They were likely to get walked on!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom