Which Park Holds Your Favourite Memory.

Mickey2minnie1

Mine would be back in 2007 when we took our children for the first time. We decided we would make our October first day at the MK an early night to sleep and get up for the next full day.

Needless to say the kids were not too happy. At 6 we received a Year of a Million Dreams invitation to stay in the park a few extra hours
after closing. Our 3 kids, 10, 7, and 5 were beyond excited. I looked at my husband and our best laid plans were gone. I just broke out laughing.

We rode everything our first day. It is a great memory for the kids' first visit.

woody98

1988 and MK...my first and only trip as a kid. My parents didn't have money so this was the awesome. We only went 1 day and it was the best because when u grow up with nothing a trip like that means the world. Fast forward 15 yrs and my next trip with my family walking down main street every memory came back from that first trip. Best thing ever. To repay my parents I take them now. Need to keep on making those memories.

maryszhi

193_30933585062_3884_n.jpg

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I might have referred to this in the past, if so, sorry. My first trip to WDW was in February of 1983. My girls were 6 and 8 years old. We didn't have any idea what WDW was all about. We were all like kids, lost in a candy store. Even me in my mid 30's. The most lasting memory for me was at the CoP. The song used at the time was "Now is the best time of your life" and believe me it was. We loved that attraction and the song was so catchy that we memorized it (pretty much) after the second time we saw it. We had driven there from Vermont and sang that song all the way back, much to my wife's upset. I always remember that!

Now flash ahead almost exactly 20 years. Life had taken a series of turns, some good some bad. By then the kids were grown and married, my wife and I had divorced the previous year, I was in a job that I absolutely hated and way too many other things to relay here. I was in a deep canyon of self pity and didn't think I would ever come out of it. I made a solo trip to WDW hoping that my past experiences would serve to cheer me up a bit. When I first got there, everything I saw reminded me of happier days gone by (bummer:( ), then I went to CoP. It was the first time I had been since they changed the song back to "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". Basically I couldn't believe how good the timing was. If the song had been the first one I had heard (now is the time), I have no doubt that I would have responded by saying...Yea, right! But for some reason GBBT was almost the perfect way of saying...Tomorrow will be better. Make a new life. Get over yourself and make it happen. I did! It was just the kick I needed to stop whining and fix my life.

Granted it's not as sweet a story as the others have been, but I cannot tell you the effect it had on my life from that point on. :) Feel free now to continue on with the sweet stories. :D
Awesome story,infact I've many a day that I worry about different things in life,but as you stated, " There's a great big beautiful tomorrow." Good on you.:)

Mrs.Toad

Always a toss up between Epcot and HS. They are alternating first night visits to relax, do some attractions, have a nice dinner, and then get ready to hit MK in the morning for the first full day.

DisneyGirl3820

Actually happened BEFORE the trip. We surprised the children and told them we were going to Disney the next day. My daughter was eating breakfast and she literally dropped her spoon and froze. Her eyes got HUGE and she kept saying "Disney? Disney? Really?" in complete amazement. She rarely gets excited about anything and seeing the happiness in her face makes it all worth it.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom