Which Park Has the Best New Year's Eve?

awallaceunc

Original Poster
For those who have celebrated New Year's Eve inside Walt Disney World, which park's celebration do you think is best?

Naturally, the Cinderella's Castle backdrop is unbeatable -- especially now with the Christmas lights -- but DHS sounds like it has a fun night in store too. I know that the Fourth of July fireworks at DHS were awesome, so I wonder if the NYE show is equally as good?

And I'm sure crowds factor in -- are DHS and Epcot significantly less crowded than MK? I imagine that they are.

Epcot's NYE offerings seem the least appealing to me for this year.

-Aaron

hpyhnt 1000

Normally I'd say Epcot, but there have been conflicting reports that the entertainment is being cut back rather significantly this NYE in WS, so I don't know. I'm tempted to say you might want to head to MK if you can brave the crowds there. :shrug: Just depends on how much in the way of festivites you wnat. Epcot has the best atmosphere for NYE, but I don't know how much things have been cut back.

LSonDubz

i was at the magic kingdom for new years eve last yr, by 930am it was max capacity and we couldnt get in til around 630pm. on top of that the fireworks were the normal fireworks they always do so it was nothing special or spectacular. i'd go with epcot since everyone else is recommending it

ToTBellHop

i was at the magic kingdom for new years eve last yr, by 930am it was max capacity and we couldnt get in til around 630pm. on top of that the fireworks were the normal fireworks they always do so it was nothing special or spectacular. i'd go with epcot since everyone else is recommending it
the early fireworks at the MK are the same as always (Epcot does the same thing)--the fireworks before midnight are specific to NYE.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Normally I'd say Epcot, but there have been conflicting reports that the entertainment is being cut back rather significantly this NYE in WS, so I don't know. I'm tempted to say you might want to head to MK if you can brave the crowds there. :shrug: Just depends on how much in the way of festivites you wnat. Epcot has the best atmosphere for NYE, but I don't know how much things have been cut back.

I'll be at Epcot for NYE.

I was at Epcot this afternoon and all of the normal stages from past NYE celebrations are set up which suggests it will be similar to past years. There is a lighting system setup at the fountain stage, a stage in Italy and the dragon stage in China just like it's been the last few years. Don't know if they have anything going on in the World Showplace yet but everything else looks like it might be similar to past years.

Candlelight Processional seems to have it's last performance on 12/30 which would leave the America Gardens theater available for the traditional entertainment there as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom