Which park has the best lineup of rides?

Which park has the best lineup of attractions?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 65 77.4%
  • EPCOT

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Hollywood Studios

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

correcaminos

I hear what you are saying, put the addition of HP at Universal was a game changer with the addition of only two major rides. I know there were three total at the original opening but still Flight of the Hippogriff was a child's coaster.

As with all things, I will hold judgement until I try it. In less than a month I will be trying Toy Story land and UP for the first time. I have heard bad things about both but will reserve judgement until I try myself.

As a side note, I hope Disney doesn't screw up Flights of Wonder. That show was one of my favorites.

Still not the same and really it was only a game changer for fans of Harry Potter - which we are. We're not, as a whole, huge SW fans. I'm not a fan of simulator rides either so while I will appreciate the immersive factor of the land (like Avatar) it's not enough to go "Oh wow!!! Let's go to DHS!!!!" They've just removed so much there that I loved. Our trip in June we skipped it all together. Before that it slowly became a 2-3 hour park at most for us. I miss what it used to be.

Yes I know we have TSL now, but I didn't like TSM at all (only rode for family) and not really into kiddie rides like they added. I can do Star Tours, RnR and leave and be fine with it.

StarWarsGirl

My favorite attractions (TofT, RnRC, and Star Tours) are in DHS, so I voted that one. I like thrill rides. And Slinky Dog is just a heck of a lot of fun, as is TSM. If we consider entertainment as well, DHS has the best night time entertainment

MK is obviously next.

FofP makes me motion sick and I don't care that much about Navi River Journey, so EE, Safari, and Dinosaur are the big three for me in that park.

I absolutely hate the reimagined TT and can take or leave MS. So it's basically Soarin' and SSE for me. We used to always spend our last day at Epcot before our flight but now spend it at DHS because Epcot is so depleted of rides right now.

justintheharris

Original Poster
Still not the same and really it was only a game changer for fans of Harry Potter - which we are. We're not, as a whole, huge SW fans. I'm not a fan of simulator rides either so while I will appreciate the immersive factor of the land (like Avatar) it's not enough to go "Oh wow!!! Let's go to DHS!!!!" They've just removed so much there that I loved. Our trip in June we skipped it all together. Before that it slowly became a 2-3 hour park at most for us. I miss what it used to be.

Yes I know we have TSL now, but I didn't like TSM at all (only rode for family) and not really into kiddie rides like they added. I can do Star Tours, RnR and leave and be fine with it.
Well even though I'd prefer a good old fashioned roller coaster, Disney is trying and I'd say succeeding in making their simulators rides worthwhile. Take a look at Flight of Passage! I have little doubt that Disney will ensure both Star Wars rides will be better received than Flight of Passage. And don't forget about Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway! I know a lot of people are bitter about The Great Movie Ride but I think it's unfair to not give Runaway Railway the chance to prove itself as it may very well be a superior attraction at the end of the day.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I'd say that Magic Kingdom is the park right now that could utilize ticket books, which constitutes an "attraction lineup" for me at the current price of admission.

crxbrett

I went with the Magic Kingdom. Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn, Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Peter Pan, Seven Dwarfs, Little Mermaid, Space Mtn, CoP, Buzz and the PeopleMover! I mean, that's hard to beat in my eyes!

I would say Animal Kingdom is 2nd place right now. But like scorp16 mentioned, it's missing a solid dark ride and maybe 1 more C or D-ticket.

I'd put Epcot at a distant 3rd for now, but with Ratatouille and Guardians coming, it may take AK's slot away. If the WoL pavilion and a new-and-improved Figment ever happen it definitely would be the 2nd best to me.

The Studios is right behind Epcot in 4th right now. But once Mickey's Runaway Railway and Galaxy's Edge open, I think it will give Epcot and AK a run for their money. I would love to see one more E-ticket, maybe a flume or water ride, go in at the Studios. I think it would be most people's winner with a lineup of Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania!, Slinky Dog Dash, Star Tours, the First Order ride, the MF ride, Tower of Terror, Mickey's Runaway Railway and one other major attraction like a water flume or D-ticket dark ride.

JohnyKaz2078

I judge for what’s there and ALL that’s there. Obviously MK has a long list of good rides but, as I said in the original post, for every Space Mountain, there’s a Flying Carpets of Aladdin. Animal kingdom does really well as I’d say the only true duds are the two dinoland ones.

Variety also matters in a park. You can't have E-Tickets or D-Tickets in every corner of the park. Except for the nostalgia and the sheer amount of very good rides, what I like about MK is that it has a very good variety. You have headliners like Space Mountain, SDMT, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder there are small things that some might consider insignificant like Dumbo, Aladdin, the Carousel and Astro Orbiter but they still add some charm and capacity to the park (especially Dumbo).

LUVofDIS

I get it, I am not a huge fan of HP, SW is so so to me and Avatar was terrible, the special effects carried the movie, the story was very bland. Any who, I love Pandora and HP. I don't let the movies or shows cloud my judgement of the attractions and lands. I understand why people do, hell, if I don't like an actor it is very difficult for me to watch any movie with that actor in it. I just don't feel the same way about the parks.

TSL is definitely not a game changer, I haven't been yet, but I have felt that way since it was announced. I too am extremely upset with the loss of the GMR, not so much that it was removed, but the fact that they shut it down with only about a month of notice. We missed riding it a last time by weeks and couldn't get to Florida just to give it one last go.

I personally love an attraction for the attraction and don't concern myself with the tech used. Screen based, AA or live just doesn't matter much to me. Story and quality drive an attraction for me.

Up until a year or so ago, HS was my favorite park, and we still make a whole day of it. We take it slower now, but we still stay until close. My favorite ride (ToT) is there and I love me some Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic.

dieboy

Throw this out there, how about park property? I say typhoon lagoon ;). I can ride them all day long with minimal waits, and they have a ton :).
Oh and when you get tired you don't need to try and find one square inch of bench, you just float around on a lazy river ..

correcaminos

Well even though I'd prefer a good old fashioned roller coaster, Disney is trying and I'd say succeeding in making their simulators rides worthwhile. Take a look at Flight of Passage! I have little doubt that Disney will ensure both Star Wars rides will be better received than Flight of Passage. And don't forget about Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway! I know a lot of people are bitter about The Great Movie Ride but I think it's unfair to not give Runaway Railway the chance to prove itself as it may very well be a superior attraction at the end of the day.

No, I just don't like simulators. They are not great to me. Even FOP just isn't all that to me. It's fine, but nothing special. I've never really ever had a thrill out of simulators. Especially 3D ones. So the more simulators the less likely I am to care. I ride FOP because my kid likes it. To me I wouldn't mind skipping it.

My whole point was that DHS has lost so many rides that none are really add ons, they are simply replacements. As much as I thought TGMR was seriously outdated, the new one is a simple replacement. Not addition. I have a hard time with taking away so much and adding so little in. That's all...

I get it, I am not a huge fan of HP, SW is so so to me and Avatar was terrible, the special effects carried the movie, the story was very bland. Any who, I love Pandora and HP. I don't let the movies or shows cloud my judgement of the attractions and lands. I understand why people do, hell, if I don't like an actor it is very difficult for me to watch any movie with that actor in it. I just don't feel the same way about the parks.

TSL is definitely not a game changer, I haven't been yet, but I have felt that way since it was announced. I too am extremely upset with the loss of the GMR, not so much that it was removed, but the fact that they shut it down with only about a month of notice. We missed riding it a last time by weeks and couldn't get to Florida just to give it one last go.

I personally love an attraction for the attraction and don't concern myself with the tech used. Screen based, AA or live just doesn't matter much to me. Story and quality drive an attraction for me.

Up until a year or so ago, HS was my favorite park, and we still make a whole day of it. We take it slower now, but we still stay until close. My favorite ride (ToT) is there and I love me some Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Fantasmic.

I'm not a huge Avatar movie fan either. Actually I hated it and it was painful watching it again just over a year ago at the resort on a rainy night so my kid could see it. The land was well executed though however didn't add much time to the park for us. Though we do enjoy an evening stroll now and then. Still not a huge increase for me, so I think SW will be similar. Cool, but not a total "time sucker" for us. Though maybe our first year will be interesting. We have a friend who might be joining us next summer to see it. So we'll see if that affects my perception or not.

I did get one last ride on TGMR though and I was glad we did last year for that nostalgic factor. That said it was last June when I rode it knowing it was closing, so maybe my rumors were better than some so I did get it in. I can't recall if it was fact or not, but I knew it was going. Same with Ellen.

DHS was never a favorite of mine though. I did like it a lot more when there were the animation tours and backstage tour and such. I loved the studios portion of it. Now that's all gone :(

Br’er Rabbit

I can only assume that those Buzz Saucers are not one of the 5 rides that is a home run, no?

So that means Dinky Dog is on the list of stellar rides?! You have got to be kidding. No way is that K-9 a great achievement.......more like an embarrassment which falls very short of properly anchoring a new land.

?

Slinky Dog is a really great family coaster and completely surpassed my expectations. If you want to talk about a disappointment, Seven Dwarves Mine Train fulfills that criteria.

TheDuke

MK is without a doubt the winner for me. Just due to the breadth of things to do.

AK is second because FOP and Everest could be argued to be the two best rides in WDW, although there's a steep drop after that.

I'll put HS ahead of EPCOT just for rides due to RnRC, ToT, and Slinky. EPCOT is still the better overall park due to theming and food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom