Which park has the best lineup of rides?

Which park has the best lineup of attractions?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 65 77.4%
  • EPCOT

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Hollywood Studios

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

justintheharris

Original Poster
Which park do you think has the best lineup of rides? In all honesty, maybe Hollywood Studios is lacking rides but of the six rides they do offer, five of them knock it out of the park. So in my opinion, DHS actually wins this one for me! And it will be even stronger once the three new E ticket attractions open. But what do you guys think?

ps. If I went by nostalgia, Magic Kingdom's classic lineup is easily the winner. But all factors considered, they're in second place. While there are many great rides in Magic Kingdom, for every good attraction, there's a meh one.

Damon7777

Studios is lacking rides but of the six rides they do offer, five of them knock it out of the park

I can only assume that those Buzz Saucers are not one of the 5 rides that is a home run, no?

So that means Dinky Dog is on the list of stellar rides?! You have got to be kidding. No way is that K-9 a great achievement.......more like an embarrassment which falls very short of properly anchoring a new land.

LUVofDIS

If only rides and no shows count than for me it is as follows:

MK has Splash M, PotC, Space M, JC, CoP, HM, BTMR and Tea Cups, that right I typed that correctly, Tea Cups. If you don't like it, put'em up, put'em up.

EPCOT has LwtL, MS, SSE and Soarn'.

DHS has ToT, TSM and RnRC.

AK has KS, FoP, Dinosaur and EE.

For me, if only rides are considered MK (8), EPCOT and AK (4), and last DHS (3).

If also considering shows, it could be a different outcome.

justintheharris

Original Poster
I can only assume that those Buzz Saucers are not one of the 5 rides that is a home run, no?

So that means Dinky Dog is on the list of stellar rides?! You have got to be kidding. No way is that K-9 a great achievement.......more like an embarrassment which falls very short of properly anchoring a new land.

Toy Story Midway Mania was intended to be the flagship attraction of Toy Story Land (see my "Opinion: Toy Story Land's Grand Opening will be a Disaster") And for a kiddy ride, they put more effort into it than was necessary and I think it paid off. Most of my friends consider Slinky Dog Dash to exceed expectations (not that we held high ones).

justintheharris

Original Poster
If only rides and no shows count than for me it is as follows:

MK has Splash M, PotC, Space M, JC, CoP, HM, BTMR and Tea Cups, that right I typed that correctly, Tea Cups. If you don't like it, put'em up, put'em up.

EPCOT has LwtL, MS, SSE and Soarn'.

DHS has ToT, TSM and RnRC.

AK has KS, FoP, Dinosaur and EE.

For me, if only rides are considered MK (8), EPCOT and AK (4), and last DHS (3).

If also considering shows, it could be a different outcome.
Well you did count one show.. Carousel of Progress.

The Empress Lilly

Which park do you think has the best lineup of rides? In all honesty, maybe Hollywood Studios is lacking rides but of the six rides they do offer, five of them knock it out of the park. So in my opinion, DHS actually wins this one for me! And it will be even stronger once the three new E ticket attractions open. But what do you guys think?

ps. If I went by nostalgia, Magic Kingdom's classic lineup is easily the winner. But all factors considered, they're in second place. While there are many great rides in Magic Kingdom, for every good attraction, there's a meh one.
The MK has the best line-up. For sheer number of rides I'd do anytime.

I hear you about DHS winning highest average quality though! ToT, RnRC, ST, even TSMM are awesome. I could do these an infinite times. DHS would easily have won this contest before, although to me not anymore right now with the devastating closure of the GMR and addition of the Chester & Hesterlike Toy Story Land.

correcaminos

For best selection maybe MK. Problem with MK is that the 'thrill rides' are not terribly thrilling. Really mostly kiddie coasters. That will be fixed in a few years. Same with Epcot - selection of types is decent but missing some things that will be available in a few years.

AK is nice overall, could use more rides for the space it takes though. DHS, still severely lacking. Only a couple really worth riding more than once. I worry that even with SWL, it will feel lacking still. Two more rides does not make a park IMO.

Rumrunner

MK for me. When we go we can't ride everything in one day. We are always wishing we had more time. That is not the case at the other parks even though many of the rides are excellent.

LUVofDIS

DHS, still severely lacking. Only a couple really worth riding more than once. I worry that even with SWL, it will feel lacking still. Two more rides does not make a park IMO.

I hear what you are saying, put the addition of HP at Universal was a game changer with the addition of only two major rides. I know there were three total at the original opening but still Flight of the Hippogriff was a child's coaster.

As with all things, I will hold judgement until I try it. In less than a month I will be trying Toy Story land and UP for the first time. I have heard bad things about both but will reserve judgement until I try myself.

As a side note, I hope Disney doesn't screw up Flights of Wonder. That show was one of my favorites.

justintheharris

Original Poster
I hear what you are saying, put the addition of HP at Universal was a game changer with the addition of only two major rides. I know there were three total at the original opening but still Flight of the Hippogriff was a child's coaster.

As with all things, I will hold judgement until I try it. In less than a month I will be trying Toy Story land and UP for the first time. I have heard bad things about both but will reserve judgement until I try myself.

As a side note, I hope Disney doesn't screw up Flights of Wonder. That show was one of my favorites.
...they already did. The UP show is unbelievably bad.

justintheharris

Original Poster
The MK has the best line-up. For sheer number of rides I'd do anytime.

I hear you about DHS winning highest average quality though! ToT, RnRC, ST, even TSMM are awesome. I could do these an infinite times. DHS would easily have won this contest before, although to me not anymore right now with the devastating closure of the GMR and addition of the Chester & Hesterlike Toy Story Land.
Well part of my reasoning is I like reriding the DHS rides. In the case of most MK rides, once I’ve done it, I’m satisfied for the day. With the exception of Space Mountain and maybe a few others, I’m not too inclined to do them twice in one day. Also, I think Toy Story Land, while cheap, is far beyond Chester and Hester’s in terms of quality. Disregard the rides briefly and just compare standing in both lands. It’s a lot livelier in Toy Story Land.

cheezbat

This is a no-brainer. Clearly MK kills the other three parks with its variety and amount of rides.

Just going off must dos big tickets:
MK:
Pirates, Splash, Space, Thunder, Mansion, 7 Dwarfs, Jungle Cruise
Epcot:
Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Soarin’
DHS:
Tower, Slinky Dog, Rock N Roller Coaster
DAK:
Flight of Passage, Everest, Dinosaur

The parks really need more rides to balance things out.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
MK has the classics. So if "classic" is the criteria..then MK hands down.

I'll go for AK. KRR, EE, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro, FoP - I think are pretty solid. However, I do think AK is lacking a couple of quality dark rides.

justintheharris

Original Poster
MK has the classics. So if "classic" is the criteria..then MK hands down.

I'll go for AK. KRR, EE, Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro, FoP - I think are pretty solid. However, I do think AK is lacking a couple of quality dark rides.
I judge for what’s there and ALL that’s there. Obviously MK has a long list of good rides but, as I said in the original post, for every Space Mountain, there’s a Flying Carpets of Aladdin. Animal kingdom does really well as I’d say the only true duds are the two dinoland ones.

JIMINYCR

I think it comes down to which one has the better variety of rides. Theres enough of a selection to interest a broad spectrum of ages and desires. You have a collection of thrill type and a few slow ones. Some for for kids, some for adults. Some that are themed to Disneys past, some to the present. Ones that are favored, some that are hated. Because theres enough to interest you for the entire day or more MK wins out.

The Empress Lilly

Well part of my reasoning is I like reriding the DHS rides. In the case of most MK rides, once I’ve done it, I’m satisfied for the day. With the exception of Space Mountain and maybe a few others, I’m not too inclined to do them twice in one day.
True dat. Part of the reason why I enjoyed my DHS days was that I could do ToT, RnRC and ST twice in a day. Then add in GMR (still bitter!) and TSMM plus a few shows and it's a perfect day.

At EPCOT there is very little I'd do twice on the same day. Much is once per trip too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom