Which One?!?!?

LavaLiz

Tusker House, for the superior variety and quality of food. Plus, breakfast in a park is more convenient from a touring standpoint if you're doing it on your AK day.
⬆ THIS
Tusker House is in my top three most requested restaurant that clients return to year after year. Chef Mickey's isn't on the list.

MaryJaneP

Having done both, we would give a slight nod to Tusker for as many have said, better food. We do, however, enjoy Chef Mickey's for breakfast as the atmosphere is, in our opinion, more exciting plus the CR, the sunrise over Bay Lake, and the Monorail access or walk to MK as weather/crowds direct.

UNCgolf

I've never been to either, but I had a friend do Tusker House recently and based on his description it sounds like the buffet is very similar to the Boma buffet. The Boma buffet is the best breakfast at WDW, so if Tusker House is even close, that would definitely be my pick.

danyoung56

Try to get a Tusker House seating before the park opens. That way you'll enjoy a nice walk through a totally empty park, and be well positioned for park opening.

JustAFan

Tusker House for the convenience of already being in the park, but their breakfast food is not better than Chef Mickey's. 95% of the breakfast food is the same at every WDW sit-down restaurant I've been to. Each one might have an item or two that is a little different (puffed French toast at Crystal Palace!), but I've found the eggs, bacon, Mickey waffles, etc. to be pretty consistent throughout the resort.

UNCgolf

Tusker House for the convenience of already being in the park, but their breakfast food is not better than Chef Mickey's. 95% of the breakfast food is the same at every WDW sit-down restaurant I've been to. Each one might have an item or two that is a little different (puffed French toast at Crystal Palace!), but I've found the eggs, bacon, Mickey waffles, etc. to be pretty consistent throughout the resort.

If Tusker House has the same food as Boma (which is my understanding, but I can't say for sure), there's more offered on the buffet than what they have at Chef Mickey's (Crystal Palace has less than either, although it's still a solid buffet).

If you're only going to eat the Mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, and sausage/bacon, though, then yeah there's probably little difference.

Last edited:

Charjen

Original Poster
Try to get a Tusker House seating before the park opens. That way you'll enjoy a nice walk through a totally empty park, and be well positioned for park opening.

I thought if you went into one of the parks before opening to have breakfast, one of the CMs would walk you back out to the front to scan in again...
I inquired through Disney about that because we were planning on having breakfast in MK one morning and that is what they told me....
Was that wrong?

danyoung56

Yes, that is wrong. When you book a breakfast before park opening, you go to a CM with a clipboard, they check for your ADR, and then you scan into the park just like normal. When you're done with your breakfast you're off to your first ride of the day.

Dave B

We just booked an 8 am Tusker House, because of your suggestion, now we just have to hope they don't change park hours on us, the last couple years we have had BOG pre park opening at MK at 8 and 815 and then they changed park hours to open at 8 and defeated the purpose, hoping the hours stay the same and we can cruise right over to FoP prior to the rope droppers, thx for the advice

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Out of curiosity, have you been to Tusker House for breakfast?!? They most certainly did not only have the standard Mickey waffles and eggs. About 60% of the offerings are unique and flavorful dishes that I've never seen outside that restaurant.

UNCgolf

I thought if you went into one of the parks before opening to have breakfast, one of the CMs would walk you back out to the front to scan in again...
I inquired through Disney about that because we were planning on having breakfast in MK one morning and that is what they told me....
Was that wrong?

We ate at Cinderella's Royal Table a few weeks ago and our reservation was 30 minutes before park opening. They were already letting people in to Main Street (nowhere else), but we had to go to a specific CM who scanned our MagicBands to confirm the reservation then they directed us past some rope barricades to get to the restaurant. Definitely didn't make us go back to the front after eating.

UNCgolf

Out of curiosity, have you been to Tusker House for breakfast?!? They most certainly did not only have the standard Mickey waffles and eggs. About 60% of the offerings are unique and flavorful dishes that I've never seen outside that restaurant.

This is exactly why I love Boma so much. There's a lot of stuff that isn't offered at other breakfast buffets (one final disclaimer in this thread that I haven't been to Tusker House but have been told they offer similar items).

JustAFan

Yes, I have. I wouldn't have offered that opinion if I hadn't been. Maybe I only filled my plate with the same thing I do at other restaurants. lol

Mrs. Kaz

In the Parks
No
I am in agreement with most of the people here. Tusker House is the way to go. I think the food and even the variety of the food is much better than Chef Mickey's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom