Which of the following highly rated WDW restaurants has the best Food Quality?

Which of the following highly rated WDW restaurants has the best Food Quality?

• Flying Fish

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Sanaa

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Raglan Road

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Jiko

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Ohana

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Victoria and Albert's

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • Skipper Canteen

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Tiffins

• The Hollywood Brown Derby

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Le Celier

• Total voters

Lilofan

For MK, Skippers is a nice addition with some good dishes at a reasonable price point. It is more of a lunch spot for us, also.

Never been to Le Cellier.

Flying Fish just about broke my heart when they changed chefs (and ruined the place.)

I have the recipe for their potato wrapped snapper in a recipe book, but it’s very intimidating! 😂

Tried 3 times with the new chef, all disappointing.
That's too bad about Flying Fish. I know the general manager of FF. He's been there for almost 10 years.

Disney Fan Dan

Shula's should get more credit. If we are looking at strictly quality of the food, I would choose Shula's over the entire list. Being at the Dolphin does take away some of the Disney magic, but once inside the restaurant, it is absolutely top notch.

Hockey89

Shula's should get more credit. If we are looking at strictly quality of the food, I would choose Shula's over the entire list. Being at the Dolphin does take away some of the Disney magic, but once inside the restaurant, it is absolutely top notch.
It’s very good. V&A is at a different level. Jiko is also just as good if not better. The rest of the list agreed.

Chef Mickey

I’m surprised at all the Le Cellier hate. The bread is good and I think the filet is obviously overpriced, but better than the filet at California Grill and definitely better than the filet at Be Our Guest. The mushroom risotto is also solid.

The portions are WAY too small and the food is WAY overpriced, but no more overpriced than any other food at Disney. It’s actually less than Be Our Guest.

Hockey89

I’m surprised at all the Le Cellier hate. The bread is good and I think the filet is obviously overpriced, but better than the filet at California Grill and definitely better than the filet at Be Our Guest. The mushroom risotto is also solid.

The portions are WAY too small and the food is WAY overpriced, but no more overpriced than any other food at Disney. It’s actually less than Be Our Guest.
The place is horrid. The room is horrid. BOG is horrid also so comparing the two doesn't help. Maybe the most overpriced place in the country. I wouldn’t go if you paid for me.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

My problem with Le Cellier is that I can walk 10 minutes to Yachtsman and have a better meal. Although, Yachtsman has seen its better days as well.

Chef Mickey

The place is horrid. The room is horrid. BOG is horrid also so comparing the two doesn't help. Maybe the most overpriced place in the country. I wouldn’t go if you paid for me.
Would like to hear where you think the steak is better in WDW or even Orlando. There are better steaks out there, but Le Cellier certainly isn't "horrid."

Now, the packed room is quintessential Disney and the overpriced food is a given, but objectively, the food is not bad.

Chef Mickey

My problem with Le Cellier is that I can walk 10 minutes to Yachtsman and have a better meal. Although, Yachtsman has seen its better days as well.
I found Yachtsman overpriced and not as good as Le Cellier.

Again, I have ONLY gotten the Filet at Le Cellier...so I can't speak to other dishes. The filet/mushroom risotto is solid for Disney food. Many, many places are worse than Le Cellier on property. I've eaten at them all.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I found Yachtsman overpriced and not as good as Le Cellier.

Overpriced? Absolutely. I think it comes down to many factors, including something as minuscule as who so happens to be cooking that day. For my tastes Shula's is the best steak option in that general vicinity. At least consistency wise.

Chef Mickey

Overpriced? Absolutely. I think it comes down to many factors, including something as minuscule as who so happens to be cooking that day. For my tastes Shula's is the best steak option in that general vicinity. At least consistency wise.
I forgot Shula's, and yes, it's better than both. It's not as natural to go over to the Dolphin, but I think I might do it next month if they're open.

Archie123

Le Cellier is bad. Maybe it was good in the past but those days are long gone.

Chef Mickey

Le Cellier is bad. Maybe it was good in the past but those days are long gone.
What specifically happens or happened when you went? Cold? Overcooked steak?

When it comes to steak, it’s actually very easy to prepare. If it’s a decent quality meat and cooked well, it’s going to taste at least OK, definitely not bad. You almost can’t serve a “bad” steak with AAA quality, unless it’s overcooked or cold.

The Le Cellier filet is not the best quality Prime beef, but it’s one notch below at AAA, which is very high quality. All they have to do is season, cook, let rest and serve. For me, it’s been consistently solid.

UNCgolf

I think the obvious answer is Victoria & Albert's, but it's a separate class than the rest of these offerings so I just threw it out.

My vote went to Flying Fish. I've eaten there twice in the last couple of years and had a great fish dish and a great steak; two of the best meals I've had at Disney. In my experience it's a step above any of the other options on here (again, ignoring V&A), with the caveat that I haven't been to Jiko so I'm not counting it.

Of course, eating there twice in a couple of years doesn't really tell you that much if the consistency is lacking. It's possible I was just there on two really good days. I think you probably need someone who is eating meals at WDW quite regularly to be able to judge these restaurants on both quality and consistency.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I mentioned something similar about BOG in another thread.

It's not that the food at Be Our Guest is terrible; it's that it's insanely overpriced. You're paying a gigantic surcharge for the setting and the food quality isn't remotely close to the price point. Of course you're basically paying a surcharge anywhere you eat at Disney, but the one at Be Our Guest is especially egregious. It's at least triple what it should cost.

Hockey89

I mentioned something similar about BOG in another thread.

It's not that the food at Be Our Guest is terrible; it's that it's insanely overpriced. You're paying a gigantic surcharge for the setting and the food quality isn't remotely close to the price point. Of course you're basically paying a surcharge anywhere you eat at Disney, but the one at Be Our Guest is especially egregious. It's at least triple what it should cost.
I ate breakbeat from there and the eggs were as bad as can be made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom