Which new park would Walt like best?

Jon_in_NC

Original Poster
This is just a random question, but.....

Which of the newer parks (Animal Kingdom or Disney-MGM Studios) do you think Walt Disney would have liked better and maybe why?

My guess would be Animal Kingdom because Walt loved animals so much and because it would be a different setting than the stuidio environment he worked in in California. I think he would have really liked how Animal Kingdom takes you away and makes you feel like you're right there in the animals' environment.

Any other thoughts?

General Grizz

Out of AK or MGM, I'd def. go with Animal Kingdom. The scenery and uniqueness I am sure would impress him.

I think, overall, EPCOT (as a PARK) would excite him the most. Except I'd say more of a 1994 version of EPCOT - he liked all of those comic characters and ride-throughs (i.e. Ward Kimball, one of Walt's 9 Old Men, designed the AAs from World of Motion).

I'm sure he would have a BLAST riding PoTC, Haunted Mansion, and seeing Country Bear Jamboree (his last projects).

And I'm quite sure he'd get a kick out of seeing It's a Small World having a 45 minute wait in the year 2004. :animwink:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
AK hands down. His True-Life Adventures being the reason behind my opinion...

however, if he were still around, he would be aware of the legacy behind his creations and would see a Studio Park as an acceptable expenditure..

murphy

I totally agree with Jon in nc for the exact same reasons. Walt loved animals and I think he would be very impressed!! Some of the things Walt loved best are some of the same things people that don't like the AK are completely blind to!!

Woody13

Animal Kingdom. I am sure that he would have closed down "Jungle Cruise" with the advent of the AK. Concerning his love of animals, he used animals to make money, according to those film makers with which he worked.

In particular, let's not forget a 1958 Walt Disney nature film, "White Wilderness", in which lemmings were shown hurling themselves off a cliff. In reality, the rodents were driven off the cliff by Disney staff.:mad:

DCL

It would definately have to be the Animal Kingdom. Disney basically did what Walt wanted the jungle cruise to be... only they took it a whole lot further! But, thats the magic of disney!

Pixie Duster

Definately AK. When I am walking around at work I look around and go, "man you would have loved here!"
He would have loved the details and the story, the creativity and the chance to interact with animals in such a unique way. He would have been impressed with the live shows and with the cultural representatives we have as well.

"I have learned from the animal world and what everyone will learn who studies it is a renewed sense of kinship with the Earth and all it's inhabitants" ~ Walt Disney

KevinPage

Originally posted by Woody13
In particular, let's not forget a 1958 Walt Disney nature film, "White Wilderness", in which lemmings were shown hurling themselves off a cliff. In reality, the rodents were driven off the cliff by Disney staff.:mad:

I'm assuming this was tongue in cheek?

(pleading ignorance) :hammer:

disneysailor

Slight diversion....but could you imagine how cool WDW, AK and MGM would be if Walt (or someone like him) were still in charge?

I imagine there would be innovative things like an extensive mass transit system covering most parks and resorts, no copied attractions with contrived theming (soarin', aladdin etc.), more originality with less concern about what Universal were building. Less corner cutting (such as proper attractions in World Showcase, a proper center piece for MGM instead of that hat.) I could go on and on...

True, it would probably mean that WDW would go bust, but hey, it would look great!

DisneyFan 2000

I think he would actually like Disney Seas! They spent tons of money for this park just to get it right and it has the Disney "magic" in it! But I know if he were alive right now he would close WDSP and DCA before you could say "magic"! :)

Kopp8699

Prob. AK, he loved animals, but still wouldn't he love all of WDW? I mean he is remembered every day and everyone loves the happiness that is brought to the "world"

Lee

Adventurer
I thnk he'd like MGM, but LOVE AK.

As for Epcot, I think it would severely pi$$ him off. He wanted a city of the future, not a theme park/world's fair.
Read a great novel called "Waking Walt". It's in there.:D

jrriddle

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
I think he would actually like Disney Seas! They spent tons of money for this park just to get it right and it has the Disney "magic" in it! But I know if he were alive right now he would close WDSP and DCA before you could say "magic"! :)

Absolutely! Disney Seas! Walt would love this park.
Disneyland Paris would be a very, very close second.
Animal Kingdom 3rd (except of course for Dino-rama which would make him sick to his stomach as it does to most of us).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom