• Space Mountain

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Thunder Mountain

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters

mrtoad

I have to go with Splash, with Big Thunder 2nd and "the original mountain" Space taking up the rear. At least that is my opinion.

GoofyFan1

Splash Mountain is themed so well that you get lulled into a sense of relaxation only to be dropped into that briar patch. I really like this ride.

surfsupdon

Big Thunder is a super fun ride, but you must be in that last cart for a real thrill. We request it each ride, and enjoy it always. We ride it over and over again, especially at night when the ride takes on a new form. You get some really good whiplash back there!

Splash and Space are fun and I love them both. I jsut prefer Big Thunder over the two. It was also my first "rollercoaster" and the negative effect it originally had on me had us riding small world for seven consecutive spins before I rode Big Thunder again.

Scooter

Big Thunder Mountain is a more exciting ride so I chose that, but Splash Mountain always puts us in the Disney "Spirit"

PhilosophyMagic

Absolutely Splash mountain!! The detail and themeing are great, the ride is long and relaxing, the music is wonderful, and there's still a fun thrill at the end! Who DOESN'T love Splash Mountain?! I know, I know, someone here doesn't... alright.

Anyway, first-time visitors always rave about how amazing Space Mountain is, but I was never impressed by it, even on my first ride when I was eight! Anyone who is "fooled" and thinks it's fast must have "checked their brain at the gate," as the saying goes. Arrow Dynamics was the designer... that's why it's so bumpy. Most of the really, really rough looping coasters were designed by Arrow too... they just don't age well. It's still fun enough for me to always ride once in a WDW visit, but enough is enough. It's like David Blaine- once is enough.

Seriously, does anyone here really, really love Space Mountain?

MadameCheshire

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! Haha. Space Mountain is one of my all time favorite rides! Even if it is a little bumpy.. it always makes me really happy. :sohappy:

I wish I was there riding it now..

mrtoad

PhilosophyMagic said:
Seriously, does anyone here really, really love Space Mountain?

I do. It is my least favorite of the three but I still love it. I think the bumpiness is what makes it thrilling to me. It makes more nervous that Rock N Roller which is so smooth.

MissM

I hate space mountain. It jerks you around and it kills my neck. Bleck. I rode it for the first time back in 2000. Last year I thought, well, I'll try it again. Double bleck. I know it's "classic" and all but....ouch.

Splash mountain I've never ridden and won't for two reasons. 1) I despise drops. The feeling of your stomach going up into your throat is horrible and I won't do anything that gives you that and 2) I don't want to get wet and be soggy walking around the park. So uncomfortable.

So....yeah. I know. It's appalling. But true darnit. :p
-m

General Grizz

Space - most "fun," thrilling, and nostalgic

Big Thunder - an overall classic, with attention to detail. . .

But. . .

Splash Mountain - the best combination of so many aspects of showmanship!

mrtoad

MissM said:
I hate space mountain. It jerks you around and it kills my neck. Bleck. I rode it for the first time back in 2000. Last year I thought, well, I'll try it again. Double bleck. I know it's "classic" and all but....ouch.

Splash mountain I've never ridden and won't for two reasons. 1) I despise drops. The feeling of your stomach going up into your throat is horrible and I won't do anything that gives you that and 2) I don't want to get wet and be soggy walking around the park. So uncomfortable.

-m
I am terrified of heights yet Splash does not make me scared. You are close to the ground the whole time, not like a big rollercoaster where there is air all below you. If you can get yourself to do it once, you will love it. If not at least you will know.

General Grizz

MissM - I think you'll instantly fall in love with Splash Mountain (based on your other types of WDW favorites). . . seriously consider if you can face your fears (and bring a pancho)! :)

Brer Rabbit

I would have to say splash is the best of the three then comes space then thunder Mt. Splash is the best cuz its all ages and it is with brer rabbit. space is 2nd cuz its a cool ride but its not the same as it was over the past years. its not as dark in the ride and it doesnt seem the same and thunder Mt is last cuz i like it i will always ride it i prefer to rid ethe other two if i had. :wave:

HEY was up X-S TECHFOREVER thanks for hokkin me up with the site. ITS ur best friends sayin sup and good post. :king:

MadameCheshire

You actually don't get that wet on Splash Mountain.. usually.. it is just a little splash on one side of your body. (the side that is closest to the water)

PhilosophyMagic

Come one MissM!!! You're really missing out a a great experiance. Splash Mountain is my favorite ride at WDW, just because of the themeing, music, amd overall happy mood. I promise you won't regret it if you try it. (sounds like I'm trying to sell you drugs... but it IS addictive) Plus, you barely get wet! Have fun! :wave:

speck76

MissM said:

-m

I think I have seen you at MGM before :wave:

MissM

Sorry guys, I know it looks cool and seems wussy for everyone else but I simply don't ride rollercoasters and I don't ride things that fall (which mean yes, I don't ride ToT nor Rockin' Rollercoaster either *shudders*). I've tried different flume type rides (like the Tidelwave and the Log Flume at Busch Gardens) and they both scared the crap out of me. Six year olds ride them and love them and I ride them and cry. So ya know, you just have to know your limits sometimes. *chuckles*

It's why I love Big Thunder so much. It's a "thrill" ride (albiet a tame one) that I actually ride and like. Speed I don't mind. Lateral forces (push you straight back) I don't mind. Falls though I simply can't do. It's not fun for me at all.

(I'd love to see the theming of the ride which stinks though but *shrugs* what can you do.)
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom