Which month?

Disneymom201

My family has traveled to WDW several times over the past 15 years. Over the last few years we’ve traveled primarily in the summer or fall. Looking at March or April this upcoming year. We will travel when our children are either on spring break (March 11-17) or over Easter break (April 8-15). We will only be going to a Disney After Dark Party (MK) and hit HS with hopes Mickeys Runaway RR will be open and to see Ride of the Resistance (we were in Galaxys Edge in October) We will also most likely do Discovery Cove and one day at Uni.
Weather is very important to me. I enjoy a few lazy pool days. March seems a bit more desirable due to crowd calendars,
however I’m just afraid it may be too cool for pool relaxing days along with a day at DC. On a side note we are from NW PA, so we will be leaving cold weather behind. Looking for honest opinions about Easter week. I’m not 100% sure if we are staying on property...if so we’re missing out on the 60 day FP window. We stayed at The Grove in October and were more than impressed and most likely will be going back there to save on accommodation expenses.
Thanks in advance...much appreciated for sharing your personal experiences 😊

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Since weather seems more important than crowds and you are planning for mostly pool time and scheduled attractions like DAH and DC with few full day park days I'd opt for Easter.
I will admit it is quite busy but nothing like Christmas/NYE.
I stayed offsite the week leading up to Easter 2017 and honestly FP was not hard to get. I got things like 7DMT for 10 people at 30 days out for mid morning on the Thursday leading into Easter weekend.

Upvote 0

LavaLiz

Since weather seems more important than crowds and you are planning for mostly pool time and scheduled attractions like DAH and DC with few full day park days I'd opt for Easter.
I will admit it is quite busy but nothing like Christmas/NYE.
I stayed offsite the week leading up to Easter 2017 and honestly FP was not hard to get. I got things like 7DMT for 10 people at 30 days out for mid morning on the Thursday leading into Easter weekend.
I second this. In my experience, March has been more of a mixed bag weather wise than April. Plus, you can see the Grand Floridian Easter Eggs!!

Upvote 0

yensid67

We stayed at The Grove in October and were more than impressed and most likely will be going back there to save on accommodation expenses.
Thanks in advance...much appreciated for sharing your personal experiences 😊
What is The Grove? Where?

My Advice...
I live in Chambersburg, PA(South Central) 20 Minutes north of the Maryland line on I-81. If I were going I would travel to MARTINSBURG WVA and catch the AMTRAK to Kissimmee! Leave the driving to someone else and relax on the way down and back! Rent a car, stay off property to save some money(undercovertourist.com for discounted tickets, hotels and rental cars-do a hotel search for ROSEN properties). Plan 2-3 day Disney, 2 day Universal Park-Park and i day Discovery Cove! If a Pool Day is A MUST for you I would go as late as you could go! Make sure you look at crowd calendars!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Disneymom201

Original Poster
What is The Grove? Where?

My Advice...
I live in Chambersburg, PA(South Central) 20 Minutes north of the Maryland line on I-81. If I were going I would travel to MARTINSBURG WVA and catch the AMTRAK to Kissimmee! Leave the driving to someone else and relax on the way down and back! Rent a car, stay off property to save some money(undercovertourist.com for discounted tickets, hotels and rental cars-do a hotel search for ROSEN properties). Plan 2-3 day Disney, 2 day Universal Park-Park and i day Discovery Cove! If a Pool Day is A MUST for you I would go as late as you could go! Make sure you look at crowd calendars!
https://www.groveresortorlando.com/...MIy8nJvcOa5gIVyRnTCh1InwYXEAAYASAAEgIz-fD_BwE

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom