Which Monorail Resort?

DisneyBound

dh & I have decided to take a weekend trip to disney without the kids. We want to stay at a monorail resort since we will probably just visit the MK & Epcot. We just got back from a 10 day trip and got to each park at least twice so its more of a relaxation thing...we would love to get a room with a view but dont know how realistic that is. Can you specify a room with a view of MK at a monorail resort and which do you prefer?

Moustronaut

Yes you can request specific views and they will try to honor your request based on availability.

Which one's best depends on what you are looking for...

Contemporary room in the tower is probably going to be least expensive. Also has some good dining choices (cali grill) and it's got that cool monorail through the middle of the building thing. But many people think it lacks the magical theaming of some of the other resorts.

Polynesean has some great theaming to it and has an awesome pool now that the volcano pool is open. Kona cafe has THE BEST coffee in the world. :slurp: It's also the only resort that you can walk to the Epcot monorail. The others require you to switch trains at TTC.

Grand Floridian is the best of the best. Amazing theaming, dining options and great services. But it's also the most expensive, roughly 30% more than Contemporary.

Personally I've visited all three lots but never stayed at any of them. If I had to pick, I'd lean toward Contemporary for the high rise view and the indoor monorail station.

Upvote 0

Lilo

Three out of four times we have been Disney we have stayed at the Contemporary in the Tower Rooms. DO NOT stay in the Garden Wings unless you want to face the parking lot or the pool. You can't see the Magic Kingdom or the fireworks at night from there. When making reservations make sure it is a Tower Room with a view of the Magic Kingdom and upon check-in triple check it to make sure. One time our travel agent said yes we were booked in a Tower Room and turns out she never confirmed it and we wound up in the Garden Wings. Needless to say she is no longer our travel agent and I make all the arrangements via the Internet or on the phone.:hammer:

Upvote 0

diegorivera2

For the location and price, I'd recommend a room at the Polynesian. Ask for a lagoon room (facing the Seven Seas Lagoon) in the Tahiti, Aotearoa, or Tonga longhouses. (Please note Tonga is currently under rehab and is scheduled to reopen end of December.) The CRO representative will indicate they cannot guarantee room requests, so please fax your room preferences four days prior to arrival to the attention of the Polynesian's room assigner at 407.824.3174. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom