Which Moderate Resort if best for kids?

motueka68

Ok,
there's going to be 8 of us:hammer:... 4 adults and 4 kids, the kids are all boys ranging from 5 years old to 10 years old...;)
I was wonder from your experiences which Moderate Resort is best for kids?
Any help and advise would be great...
Thanks in Advance

Weather_Lady

Also, if you are willing or able to pay for more than a standard room, your children might be interested in the new "story rooms" at POR and CBR. POR has beautifully decorated "Royal Rooms" (for aspiring princes and princesses) with queen beds, in 2 fairly centrally-located mansion buildings. CBR has "Pirate Rooms," with ship-themed double beds, although I'm told they are situated at quite a distance from the food court and main buildings.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR! Besides having a great main pool area with the longest slide of the mods, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool. They also show the nightly movies there as well as the campfire.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

ShadyLady

PORS

My kids (5 and 9) LOVED riverside! Yee Haw Bob is a great time, they loved the boatride to downtown Disney, we took a carriage ride on my daughter's 5th birthday - there was so much to do that we didnt get to do it all. Main pool and quiet pools were wonderful. Laundry facilities and dining great. Cant say enough positive.

We always have stayed at All Star Movies until 2011 when we stayed at PORS. Going back this fall for 10 days and staying at PORS again in a new Royal Room!

Upvote 0
Honestly I would recommend any of them except for Coronado. To me Coronado is a beautiful resort but really not aimed at kids. It's primarily a convention center, the food court prices are outrageous compared to the other mods (probably because most of their visitors are on business and are getting compensated for their food so they dont care), it's extremely sprawled out - too much so if you're in the wrong building and long walks with young ones can make them crabby. It does have a nice water slide but thats really the only plus I can give it for families, and if you want to visit a water park there are plenty of better slides there.

First choice would be POR. Nice pool, nice food court, large arcade if any of your kids like that (Coronado also has a pathetic arcade if thats a factor to any of you), large resort but reasonable walking distance from anywhere to the front and bus stops all around the resort - and the boat ride to downtown is very nice.

Upvote 0

ladydi

We were at Coronado last fall with my 10 year old boys and 8 year old girl plus my parents. My boys loved CSR! They really liked the pool slide and my youngest loved the pool games that were played. There are four bus stops in the resort so the walk to the bus stops is not too far. Granted, we didn't spend much time at Pepper Court but we usually tried to make rope drop and would eat quick service in the park. We've stayed at other mods and deluxe and by far, CSR gives the most bang for your buck.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

I'd recommend CSR! Besides having a great main pool area with the longest slide of the mods, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods (can be good for little ones napping in a pack n play).

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool. They also show the nightly movies there as well as the campfire.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Have a great trip!

I concur...CSR was a treat...lots of value for the price!

Upvote 0

motueka68

Original Poster
Thanks To Everyone...
Yes this trip will be all about the kids..:D
It will be out 1st trip including mine to DISNEYWORLD...:)
I have been waiting all my life for this......:cool:
I would stay at a value, but from what I have read here, the transportation is killer...:fork: not sure....
I want it to be fun for the kids, but at the same time, make it as easy on them as possible...or is that me. :drevil:
I am open to any and all advice....
If a Value Resort would be better for the kids, then so be it!:hammer:

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Any one would be great!

The pools @ the value resorts are just ok as well as the food (food court style).
Of the value resorts, POP Century is the best in my opinion.:shrug:
Make sure to check out the new Art of Animation!:D
PORS has a great themed pool and newly decorated princess rooms in honor of The Princess and the Frog! The table service restaurant Boatwright's is just OK.
The boat to Downtown Disney is the best!:)
Caribbean Beach has a well-themed pool w/ a pirate ship pool area just for little ones! It also has pirate themed rooms which are fairly new and fun for kids!
The table service restaurant Shutters is also just OK. Beware that the check-in building is in a different area than the food/shops building and the resort is very large! Some people complain about the bus transportation there!
Good luck w/ your choice!:wave:

Upvote 0

motueka68

Original Poster
Thanks Again Everyone,
I guess a better what to put the question would be:
Based on the boys ages, 10, 8, 5, 3, which Resort, be it Moderate or Value would be best for the kids experience.:D
I am not too worried about price.:lookaroun
We will be going in Nov I believe to enjoy the Christmas Stuff:xmas:

Upvote 0

Joshua&CalebDad

If you are taking children into consideration, which you have already said is your main purpose, then Coronado Springs would be your best bet. The resort has the best themed pool area of all the moderates and the longest waterslide. Your boys will be all over that.

I agree with the other opinions about checking out Art of Animation. However, to be fair, it is now only just opening and I bet no one on these boards has had a chance to try it out yet. It's brand new so I'm sure it will be great.

On a side not, just to let you know where I am coming from, on our last Disney trip in 2011 we stayed at Coronado Springs and I have two boys. This upcoming November we will be going back and we are hoping to stay at Art of Animation. We have reservations at another resort but we are waiting for a free dining plan to come out later this year to switch our reservations.

We probably would have stayed at Coronado Springs again except that my wife and I want to try out a different resort each visit.

Good luck, either you will have a blast.

Upvote 0

Vader2112

As a parent of Two small children . I too would recommend Coronado. The pool area is fantastic, plus it has an arcade and large themed playground near the pool as well. Plus you can not beat the deals there if you are a pass holder or resident.

Upvote 0
Having stayed at CS and PORS, but not CBR, I don't know if I could give you a non-biased opinion. I liked PORS better than CS, but not by a whole lot. Both are excellent. From my hours and hours of research on each Disney property, it may be that CBR would work best for your young group. When I was a youngin, I definately loved playing Pirate. All other things being equal, the Caribbean/Pirate theme might be the clincher if I had boys (I have three princesses, but I'm not complaining). In any event, hope you and your family have an awesome time!

Upvote 0

Bocko57

For 4 adults and 4 kids, I would get 2 Value Suites over 2 Moderate rooms. The nicest things about the Value Suites are the 2 bathrooms and the size. The price is slighty higher than a moderate resort (comparing to All Star Music Suite) but well worth it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom