Which Moderate Resort do you recommed?

colleen2997

I am going to Disney World next month and have reservations at Pop Century. I think that I want to upgrade to a Moderate. After tons of research, I still can't make up my mind. I have never been to any of them.

Borf7

Over the past 15 years, i have said stayed at every moderate and value resort that Disney has. The best advice I can give you is pick a hotel that suits you. If you're only spending a short time in Disney and you're not planning on enjoying your hotel, then I wouldn't spend the extra money on a moderate resort. Coronado Springs has one of the best pools and has great scenery but I'm not crazy about how they operate their food court. Dixie Landings was always nice but huge or at least it was huge when it first opened. Now many hotels are that side. My most recent trip I stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter which is nice and small and best of all you can walk right over to Riverside to see what they have to offer. Caribbean Beach is also excellent. I haven't been there in about 10 years. The fact of the matter is you can't go wrong with any Disney Resort. DIsney gives you the best service in the world when it comes to hotels. Decided exactly what you and your family want from a hotel and the people on this website will be very helpful in directing you toward the right one.

Upvote 0

pinjim

French Quarter

Try the French Quarter. Quiet, cozy and pleasant. Swimming pool is my kids favorite. And there's not a lot of walking to main building and/or bus stop.

Upvote 0

MinnieSummer

I've stayed at all of the value (will never stay in an All Stars again, the rooms were dirty, the walls way to thin and generally a bad experience all three times I tried them three strikes your out)), moderate and most of the Delux resorts. Here's my take. If budget is the main thing then Pop is the way to go. It's a family style resort with lots to do. However, if your kids are big on slides -- the values don't have them. The rooms are very small with no ceiling fan and everyone complains about the AC system in the values. However, I still think Pop is a good choice for budgetary reasons. If you can stretch your budget to a moderate I would definitely do it. All of the moderates are great resorts, each offerin someting a little different. CSR has the best and largest pool and playground for the kids as well as two arcades which is why I can never understand why people think of it as a more adult resort. The food court is very large and offers more choice than the other mod's but there is a 10% gratuity tacked on to your bill due to the fact that you are seated, drinks are brought to your table and you don't have to bus your own table. There is also a great sit down restaurant. CSR also has a spa and fitness center. I tend to think of CSR as a delux that just got spread out. It also has the best bus transportation and is a short ride to everything. POFQ is the hotel that I think of as more adult -- the theming just makes me think that way although the pool is definitely themed toward kids. The play area there is small but usually not used all that much and the gift shop is very small. The food court is good but there is no sit down restaurant although you can use the one at POR (excellent server there named Vinnie) which is a short walk away. You can also use the pool there which is a lot more fun. POR is OK and in the Alligator Bayou section you can get a trundle bed but the area is very dark at night and, I know it's the theming but, seems overgrown. The Magnolia Bend section is beautiful and the rooms have just been remodeled so that was a nice touch. I really don't have much to say about CB. The rooms are the largest of the moderates but I thought the pool was way to small and didn't like that the playgrounds were sitting in the sand along the shore. The other playgrounds are on rubber matting or chips.

Anyway, that's MHO, ok not so humble, but I hope it helps. Personally, obviously, I'd go to CSR and have a great time.

Upvote 0

wired

Caribbean Beach is great, because it is so spread out you don't feel like you are stay at this huge hotel. But if you don't like to walk this is not the place for you. I enjoy the morning walks to the food court, the themeing is great, and with each island with its own pool they don't get to over crowded.

My only complaint is no WIFI!! Sorry computer geek also :D

Upvote 0

Mimirox

Pofq

We like POFQ when we have the kids w/us .It's a smaller resort ,easy to get around & nothing's too far away,especially at the end of a long day. There's only 1 bus stop . The kids love the theme pool.You also have the option to eat up river at Riverside ,which is a nice walk or boatride . Worked great for us.
We stayed at CBR w/ no kids. It was very nice but very big,alot of walking if your not near the food court or pool.

POFQ "See you real soon!!"
12 days & counting.....
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

GoofyFan1

Hands down.....Caribbean Beach Resort. :sohappy:

We always stay in Aruba when there, I love the walk over the island in the morning for my coffee.

Upvote 0

PamelaNiebergal

We just got back from our honeymoon at POFQ and we loved it. It is so beautiful, and small enough so that the food court, bus stop, pool and laundry services are very close no matter what building you are in. At night Scats lounge has different jazz musicians playing and during the evening you'll see carriage rides going through the streets. Also the bus service is great. Sometimes you share with POR but the FQ is the first stop so you almost always get a seat and are never left standing there cause the bus is too full. Plus you're the first people dropped off at the end of the night. The rooms are beautiful, the food court is great, the atmosphere's incredible - what's not to love?

Upvote 0

i<3disney4ever

Hi colleen2997, i suggest port orleans riverside. i went for my first time ever there 3 weeks ago and i L-O-V-E-D IT!!! if you are traveling with a lot of people this is also good (we had 7 people) because you can get two rooms that would cost as much as one room at the deluxe hotels. hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom