Which Lodge (AKL or WL) do you like better and why?

redfive13

Planning a rather large group trip to WDW in 2010 andwe are interested in either the AKL or WL. Which one do you like and why? For instance, everyone will say the Savannah view is the reason for the AKL, but what would some other reasons be?

MaxsDad

Surfsupdon,

I have stayed club level twice on AKL, once w/ a savannah view, once on the other side of the building with a pool view. The SV rooms (at least on the top floor) at the CLUB LEVEL do not have great views compared to other areas of the resort. The SV is a small area in front of you, and the distant areas are obscured by tree tops, as you are so high up. I did get to see a large animal (can't remember species) sit on a nest of ostirch eggs though. In all, I actually preferred the pool view room's view at the CLUB LEVEL. The best views at club level are actually out of the front door of the room, where you can see the beatiful lobby. If you do decide to keep your AKL ressie, and you want to see animals like you described, I recommend you take the Sunrise Safari. It is Awesome!

Slappy,

The new pool/recreation area was open in May when I was there. It is great. I am 40, and I loved the kid's play area. BC is still #1, but this pool and surroundings area is a strong #2. There is a gate with a keycard lock on it outside the area, but no personel as at BC. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, they believe any AKL guest can visit either pool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom