Which is the better character breakfast?

notslim99

Original Poster
We've booked an ADR for Donald's Safari Breakfast for our March trip. We've booked Chef Mickey's, but it's a dinner ADR. What's the consensus on here about which breakfast is better, Chef Mickey's or Donald's Safari? TIA.

coltow

I haven't done Donald's in years but it was good when we went, we were lucky enough to score an early time so could get into park before opening.

Chef Mickey's is fine, to me it just always seems so loud and so busy. We prefer to do for dinner so that we can take our time. When we go for breakfast we feel like we gotta get out and to a park so rush thru it more

ml123_9

We've never done Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We did Donald's Safari in September and the food was great, but the eating areas seemed very crowded with the tables so close together. Personally, I prefer Cape May, it's more relaxed and the character interaction is just as good. Also, not near as crowded as Safari.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The food for both of them is comparable- it's the standard Disney breakfast buffet. Not the worst food you'll ever have, but not the best, either.

Chef Mickey's is quite loud (though some will say festive), Donald's is a little quieter.

I might give the edge to Chef Mickey's only because it's more spread out. Donald's is pretty tight- the tables are really close together.

lbrad

I prefer Chef Mickey's at dinner. As a prior post said you have more time to relax & enjoy & you don't need to rush to get to the parks.
Have a magical time:wave:

trs518

My family has eaten at Donalds twice and loved it both times, the food and the character interaction were both good. We walked my Chef Mickey's many times and it doesn't interest us. The monorail is nearby, so you'll probably be hearing that every time it passes. In the Contempo Cafe, it's seperated from Chef Mickeys by a short wall, there are a lot of birds around, so I assume the same for Chef Mickeys.

The real selling point though was the price. Tusker House was noticably cheaper for our family.

disneygirl1

Have eaten at both locations many times and I have to say hands down Tusker House. The last few times I have eaten at Chef Mickey's I have been disappointed. I feel the quality of service as well as the food is on the decline there, which saddens me. Maybe I was just there on off days for the place, but Tusker House has quckly become one of my favorite breakfast locations.

captainkidd

Having been to more character meals than I can count, I'd say go to Tusker House. Chef Mickey's is so overrated. Plus, it's one of those places where you have to stand in line for a picture that costs $30.

I think character meals are lousy. I'd much rather get to Epcot at opening and meet all the characters there. You get more time, more interaction, and it doesn't cost you $30 per person to eat a bunch of scrambled eggs.

mom2boys

Have not had Chef Mickey's, we actually booked breakfast there for our upcoming trip in May, but Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House was GREAT! Also booked that again! We are fans of buffets for breakfast rather than dinner so we tend to book all character meals in the AM. Enjoy!

ob1thx1138

We ate at both for breakfast on our last trip. The standard food is the same but Donald's has more specialty items which were really nice. The Characters also seemed to spend more time with you at Donald's but that may have just been our luck.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
What about 1900 Park Fare Supercalifragilistic Breakfast for a Character breakfast?

Of the three (1900 Park, Chef Mickey's, Donald's) they definitely have the best food. Plus, given the large quantity of face characters at that breakfast, you're likely to have more interaction with the characters. Finally, if you get a good Mad Hatter, that breakfast is worth its weight in gold.

Dad 2 M & M

We ate at both for breakfast on our last trip. The standard food is the same but Donald's has more specialty items which were really nice. The Characters also seemed to spend more time with you at Donald's but that may have just been our luck.
We have had both in the past and prefer Tusker for breakfast, but for breakfast only...dinner is not that great. Hollywood and Vine is also a decent choice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom