Which is scarier TOT or RNRC

Scarier TOT or RNRC

• Total voters

YQY747

RNRC isn't made for the big scare, the atmosphere is all upbeat and is a thrill ride, TOT on the other hand is made to scare you, and I will say it does a pretty good job.

Jooniper30

The Tower is much scarier than The Coaster.

They are both intense, but the whole theming and everything leading up to Tower of Terror is just scary...plus the Twilight Zone creepiness...and who hasn't been afraid of a plummeting elevator (or has a plan -- jump at the last second) Being in a dusty basement with a malfunctioning elevator totally adds.

And the fact that you NEVER know what to expect. In Aerosmith you will have that first rush, but the rest is pretty much a normal ride. And is the same everytime.

Tower of Terror, for sure!

Skippy

Tower of Terror. One of my favorite rides at WDW.

I think it's both the fact that it's an unfamiliar ride system, and its theme is much more immersive than RnRC. Sure you know ToT is a 'giant drop' type ride, but its different in its randomness, and the fact that you move horizontally.. creepy, you're not sure what to expect. Sure RnRC has it's launch, but the rest feels/looks like an average roller coaster, (except the sound I suppose) and you know the launch will be there. The theming in ToT puts you inside the service elevator... you could go anywhere in that hotel for all you know. Wheras it's obvious that RnRC is a rollercoaster, a little more limited.

I love both rides. I just feel ToT is superior, including being scarier.

bigorangeandy

TOT due to the random/unkown amount of drops/going up. Once RNR starts you know that it will go the the unloading area and will be the same amount of time. I'm able to see enough in the dark so that I can tell whats coming next. I still like RNR the better of the two.

jedimaster1227

It depends on the situation. I still get the chills going on TOT, but when RNRC's lights and countdown aren't queued up with the launch and you are sitting in the front row, not knowing when you will launch-now that is freaky! :eek:

Space Mountain

I cast my vote for Tower of Terror. Theres coasters like RnRc all over the world. Where else can you find an elevater dropping you faster than gravity over and over and over and over (outside of WDCo)

JLW11Hi

Its strange, I find niether "scary" but I find both of them very fun. It is fun going on ToT with people who are scared by it...it freaks some people out big time! But if you want a really scary "drop" ride, go visit the Stratosphere in Las Vegas....1,081 ft high!

Neither of the two freak me out, nor are they scary, but I do get chills right before you drop on Tower of Terror just because I know I am about to plunge thirteen stories.

"You have just crossed over into the Twilight Zone."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom