Which is better...

Diznee Mom

Original Poster
...Early entry or E ride nights. Just trying to figure out what we're gonna do and it makes a difference which day we do MK.

GalacticGobbler

I have to go with E-ride nights. We like to go to dinner and stay out late, and the last thing I want to do on vacation is get up early. When we do happen to get up early we usually go to breakfast.:slurp:

orangefan15

E-ride nights...I don't like getting up early on vacation (of course, I do anyway, but given the choice, I'd rather stay out late).

frazierle

e-nights for sure. I've spent approx 8 weeks at Disney over the last 2 years and have never been able to take advantage of early entry.

cymbaldiva

I happily agree! :sohappy:

E-nights are great!! As for early entry, I loathe getting up early in the real world - why would I want to do it on vacation? :animwink:

Dizknee_Phreek

i'm such a night owl! in fact, i'm the only one up at my house right now...and will be for another hour or two....but that's beside the point. anyway, imo, E-nights is definately better! more people (especially families with youngsters) tend to get up early rather than stay all day at a park and then stay up even later...most of the time after a long day, people just want to get back to their hotel....therefore, there are less people in the parks during e-nights as apposed to early entry....besides, disney world just seems to come alive at night! but what the hey! i say take advantage of both if you can!

Jerm

I only did E-nights once and I didn't enjoy all that much, it was kinda busy and the timing didn't seem to work out that well. But then again anything that keeps me away from PI at night is never that great for me. I have always been a Disney comando so I am up at the crack of dawn and out till the buses stop running. But early entry is nice becuase it is not just the E-tickets that are open so it gives a lil more freedom.

Jerm

Grumpy56

I have to chime in here. I love early entry and missed it when it was gone. However, I get up early and like being at the parks when it's still quiet. (relatively) Of course there's nothing like MK at night when it's all lit up. I think it all depends on whether you prefer to get up early or sleep in, and if you have young kids who are going to be up early anyway.

I'm sure that there are more people who want to sleep in than get up early on vacation because so many people are still showing up at the parks 2 hours after opening time when I'm heading back to the resort for some lunch and pool time. So as they say, different strokes for different folks. But don't forget Early Entry is free!:D

mickeysaver

So far, I haven't gotten to try the Extra Magic Hour or an E-Night. I would rather have the "free" EMH in the morning than to pay for the extra 3-4 hours at an E-night. I have to get up around 7am in real life anyway, it doesn't hurt to continue that or rise a bit earlier on my vacation. I can always take a mid day refresher nap.

I will admit that I am planning to take full advantage of the EMH on our next trip. I also have plans to do MVMCP when we are there at least once. I will have a better chance at informed input at that point. lol Mickey

meanmice

I have to say that I ahve been to disney four times and never have I taken advantage of E-Ride nights. It's not that I wake up early or anything, it's just that I love being there before most other people have had a chance to ride the rides. I like to be one of the first ones.

DisneyPhD

While I have been to WDW many times before I have never taken advantage of either. (I always plan for Early Entry, but the best we ever get is opening time at another park and that seems to work better, everyone else is at EE.)

Now that I have a young en, I don't see E nights happening for us in the future, and I am more likely to be woken up early by someone who is excited to be at WDW and will get a nap later. I am thinkin our best bet in the future is Early Entery, but we will see when the time comes (less then 6 weeks now.)

meeko_33785

Never done E Nights, but I love EE mornings. I love that it's so quiet in the park. Plus, I always go to the parks first thing in the morning so it's no problem just to get there an hour early.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Done early entry many time but never done the E-nights - I think that the rides when ridden in the dark would add to the enjoyment.

Dwarful

well, do you have children? If so how old? MK is a big hit with our gang and on our trip before last we took advantage of EE and E-ride nights. We hopped around to other parks after hitting MK for the EE...nice to let the kids ride Pooh 3-4 times in a row w/o a line! meaning that just because you go to MK for EE you don't have to stay there the whole day...hit the crowded rides during EE and then leave and go to a different park for the day.

We did dinner and naps at the resort and went back for E-ride nights. This was a huge success. The kids loved riding the rides over and over w/o long lines or heat, we also liked seeing CBJ w/o a full house and not being packed in.

we were disappointed when they didn't offer either on our 2002 trip..glad they are both back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom