Which is a better thrill ride: Splash Mountain or Space Mountain?

snoopi_grl

Original Poster
Which is a better thrill ride: Splash Mountain or Space Mountain?
I'd go with Splash, because of the huge drop at the end.

OliveMcFly

Both are great but I think Space is a bigger thrill because you're constantly going around turns and down hills. Where as Splash, you're looking around taking everything in and there's a few fun hills and then one big one.

snoopi_grl

Original Poster
DisneyGrl85 said:
Both are great but I think Space is a bigger thrill because you're constantly going around turns and down hills. Where as Splash, you're looking around taking everything in and there's a few fun hills and then one big one.
you're right.. but i still think the big drop is very thrilling.

CaptainMichael

Before my last trip, I would have said Splash Mountain, but I finally clicked with Space Mountain on an EEMH. Space Mountain is quite thrilling which I never quite felt before. Splash Mountain is thrilling and visually stimulating. I enjoy them both very much.

Pioneer Hall

I think that Space Mountain is more thrilling than Splash. You spend a lot of time just floating in Splash, and while it does have a bunch of good drops it overall doesn't thrill you the whole time.

rainfully

It's funny that I don't particularly think of Splash as a "thrill ride" in terms of an adrenaline rush. Space definitely provides that for me.

Connor002

Both are great, but they offer very different riding experiences, so it is difficult to pick one as "better" because both have advantages.

Even so, I'd have to say Splash Mountain because I'm a big fan.

Neptune

Space Mountain. By Far. I mean, I love Splash, but Instead of two short thrills, Space is a thrill from start to finish, and its fast!

as far as thrill rides go, i would say space mountain. once you launch the ride is pretty much nonstop to the end. you don't know where you're going. i'm 6'1" so the entire time i'm thinking i'm about to get my head knocked off, so that's exciting.

if i could only ride one of them, i would choose splash mountain at night over every ride at any of the parks, except Tower of Terror. the first time i went on splash mountain i thought it was like every other log flume ride, you go up then the drop and that's it. i am still impressed by the ride.

barnum42

Melerella said:
I've never been on Space Mt. I'm so scared of it. But I'm hoping this year I'll just go on!..lololol
It's bumpy but not scary - certainly compared to what coasters can do now. However I love it, warts and all :D

Melerella

barnum42 said:
It's bumpy but not scary - certainly compared to what coasters can do now. However I love it, warts and all :D

Everyone I know loves the ride..and everytime I go on TTA I wanna go on it! I think I'm just scared b/c it's in the dark...like I can't see what's happening. Although someone told me if you look hard you can see the tracks..lolol...but I'd rather keep my eyes closed lolol

I.M.Fearless

On the one hand, Space Mountain is high on thrills, with its incessant shaking and near-total darkness. On the other hand, Splash Mountain, along with the versions at other Disney parks, definitely is the CUTEST THRILL RIDE IN THE WORLD. Splash Mountain I actually sing along to. :lookaroun But in the end I will say Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, because of its wonderful theming, its not-too-soft-but-not-too-hard ride, and its generally SHORT LINES.
WOOT WOOT!

mike29

space mt. because this whole thread was just to ask what was more thrilling and I think we said it about a million times space has more of a thrill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom