Which ice cream shoppe?

correcaminos

We got the chocolate lover's kitchen sink, which at least blends well. The original is gross. :)

I was surprised that I enjoyed the ice cream sandwich at L'Artisan. Ice cream on warm bread sounded weird, but we really enjoyed it.
I'm not a fan of Edy's chocolate now, so I'd likely pass on the chocolate lovers too. I don't mind Edy's cookies and cream though. That pairs well with chocolate, pb topping or caramel.

I thought the brioche I had was too dry and the chocolate sauce a bit sweet. Maybe I just had a not so great brioche as I normally love them. We had that and the ice cream crepes to share among us at the same time and the crepes won out unanimously.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ample Hills has the best ice cream on property. I love the oatmeal flavor, I am normally a chocolate girl but this oatmeal cookie flavor is just amazing. I have sampled other flavors too and enjoyed them as well. I think they even make their own peanut butter cups for the peanut butter cup ice cream.

I'm probably in the minority, but personally I don't care for what Ghirardelli has to offer, I'm not really into their chocolate squares either. I have tried Ghirardelli multiple times, and I always leave regretting it. I just tried it again last week at California Adventure and got a ice cream cone and the cookie dough ice cream I got was no better than the ice cream I can get at my grocery store at home.

I think there is a gelato shop at Disney Springs, near the Boathouse & Jock Lindsey's. I haven't tried it but a couple people I know have tried and said it was really good. That might be a nice alternative to Ghiradelli if you are at Disney Springs. Has anyone on hear tried the gelato shop?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ample Hills has the best ice cream on property. I love the oatmeal flavor, I am normally a chocolate girl but this oatmeal cookie flavor is just amazing. I have sampled other flavors too and enjoyed them as well. I think they even make their own peanut butter cups for the peanut butter cup ice cream.

I'm probably in the minority, but personally I don't care for what Ghirardelli has to offer, I'm not really into their chocolate squares either. I have tried Ghirardelli multiple times, and I always leave regretting it. I just tried it again last week at California Adventure and got a ice cream cone and the cookie dough ice cream I got was no better than the ice cream I can get at my grocery store at home.

I think there is a gelato shop at Disney Springs, near the Boathouse & Jock Lindsey's. I haven't tried it but a couple people I know have tried and said it was really good. That might be a nice alternative to Ghiradelli if you are at Disney Springs. Has anyone on hear tried the gelato shop?

The gelato shop is excellent! I will make a trip to Disney Springs just to get their dark cherry and amaretto gelato. It's delicious. :hungry:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I was surprised that I enjoyed the ice cream sandwich at L'Artisan. Ice cream on warm bread sounded weird, but we really enjoyed it.
1szl0r.jpg

JohnD

I think you all just convinced me to take a boat to BW at the end of either my Ep or HS day.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I think you all just convinced me to take a boat to BW at the end of either my Ep or HS day.

You won't regret it. Ample Hills also has a sampler, where your can pick out 6 different flavors and get a decent sized scoop of each. It is a nice way to try different flavors and totally shareable (or not! ;)).

JohnD

You won't regret it. Ample Hills also has a sampler, where your can pick out 6 different flavors and get a decent sized scoop of each. It is a nice way to try different flavors and totally shareable (or not! ;)).

It will probably be my HS day. I have no dinner ADR that day (lunch at 50s Prime Time). Was thinking about boating over to Boardwalk anyway for walk up dinner at Big River Grill Brewing works. Then I could just walk down to Ample Hills for dessert.

JohnD

So jealous!!

Planning a whole week (9/17 - 9/24)
9/17: Arrive / MNSSHP
9/18: HS
9/19: AK
9/20-21: Ep and F&W Festival
9/22: Sea World (Yep. Bought ticket a year ago. Need to use it before it expires) / DS evening
9/23: Open (possibly AP $45 ticket for both water parks) / AK evening
9/24: MK morning/afternoon / Drive home.

correcaminos

Just walk from Epcot, it's much closer than you think :)

Also it's actually quicker to walk to BW than it is to take a boat from DHS unless you get on a boat that is just leaving.

21stamps

Planning a whole week (9/17 - 9/24)
9/17: Arrive / MNSSHP
9/18: HS
9/19: AK
9/20-21: Ep and F&W Festival
9/22: Sea World (Yep. Bought ticket a year ago. Need to use it before it expires) / DS evening
9/23: Open (possibly AP $45 ticket for both water parks) / AK evening
9/24: MK morning/afternoon / Drive home.

I'll be there during the beginning of September. I think we're only doing Epcot and DS..maybe Pandora one night. Quick 3 night trip.
(Shhh. Don't tell my kid.. this one's adults only!!)

fireworkz

The short answer ALL OF THEM! ;) Err Yes Ample Hills, but we also often stop at Plaza Resturant (not the parlour) for a air coniditioned banana split break between the meal rushes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom