Which do you usually choose -- Free Dining or a room discount?

durangojim

I'm curious, with the frequency of both free dining deals and room discounts occuring which do you usually choose, and what type of resort do you usually stay in -- value, moderate, deluxe, dvc?

I always choose a room discount as we are APs and most often stay at a deluxe resort, the savings is more than that of the free dining plan.

durangojim

Original Poster
i usually try to calculate this myself to see what is the better deal. i had a reservation for 8 nights starting sept 27th with the free dining. unfortunately due to health concerns i had to cancel this trip. i have made a 7 night AP reservation for dec 11th without the free dining and hoping health issues will permit this... but below some thoughts on choices

in the past i would say free dining but not so much anymore... WHY??? because of the difficulty in getting the ADRs for the nights i want to. most of the sit down places i like are in epcot so it means using the free dining plan for dinner i must end up each night in epcot... so this sort of restricts my freedom. i love doing certain places, le cellier and tepan edo, during my trip but i really prefer to be more spontaneous with what park and how long i stay as well as where to eat. in years pass you could make a same day reservation but now forget doing that for le cellier. funny thing is i had all of my ADRs in place for my sept trip and looked forward to it but again i found myself scheduling my park days and times in each to cordinate with my ADR. now if free dining or refuced rate dining is offered with the AP for december then i will take it up .... but, and this is the final thought, i still like the spontanaity and freedom of roaming the parks on my schedule and not tied to the ADR time and i also really like eating at the quick service places as much as if not more than the sit downs (for the most part) AND YES i do know about the quick service dining plan.

thank you if you read my entire LONG message

Since you're an AP holder, you might want to look into Tables in Wonderland if you haven't already.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom