Which Disneyland Hotel

MouseRight

Original Poster
Next July we are going on the West Coast Disney Cruise and then "Going to Disneyland" for a few days. First time for us in Disneyland. Can't wait to see it and be part of the 50th Anniversary.

Please give your opinions of the Disneyland Hotels. Good, Bad and Otherwise. Which hotel shoudl we stay in?

Thanks. :wave:

jodilt

I have stayed at the DL hotel and the GC. Both are nice, no complaints. I prefer the GC because it is closer to everything. You walk right out of the hotel into CA or DTD and DL is just a short walk. From the DL hotel it is a short walk to the monorail station where you can board a monorail into DL, but to get to CA it is a pretty good walk. The DL hotel shows it's age a bit, but is still a nice place to stay. The GC is much newer and I like the theming of it.

LadyDarling

Count me in with the previous poster. I've stayed at the Disneyland hotel, and if you end up doing this - request the Sierra tower. I have had poor experiences in just about every other one - unforunately.
However, I have NEVER had a bad experience at the Grand Floridian. It's a gorgeous hotel and if you're springing for the cruise, you might as well get the very best!

Figment1986

I would go to Grand Californian.. or DL Hotel... (Paradice Pier is just far away.. and they closed it's back entrance into DCA....

TTATraveler

I would go with Grand Californian, if money is no object. I stayed at Paradise Pier a couple years ago, while it was ok, it was comparable to a Hilton or Sheraton. The cool thing about PP is that if you have a theme park view, you'll see the California Adventure and the Electrical Parade if you are up high enough. GC is the only hotel Disney built, PP and the DL hotel were built by others and Disney bought them. The architecture is similar to Wilderness Lodge and it is the closest to both DL and DCA.

Merlin

Account Suspended
Hmmmmm....Tough question to answer without knowing your criteria and what you look for in a hotel. None of them are exactly cheap. If you are on a budget, I probably wouldn't recommend staying at any of the Disney hotels. If you're dead set on staying at a Disney hotel though, don't expect the same kind of immersive experience you'd get at WDW, unless you choose Grand Californian. Unfortunately, that one's the priciest of the three. As Disney hotels go, it is unquestionably the most convenient, even more so than any at WDW. This is because DTD is just outside the entrance, and both theme parks are just a short walk. It's also quite nice, although I didn't find it as elaborately themed as a lot of people claim. It's definitely more elaborately themed than DL Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel (which are basically not themed at all). So I suppose by comparison, it SEEMS elaborately themed. But I guess I'm spoiled by the great themeing of the ones in WDW.

If it were me, I'd probably go one end of the spectrum or another...I would either spring for the luxury and convenience of the Grand Californian, or I would stay at a clean, but cheap non-Disney hotel nearby. I wouldn't personally stay at Paradise Pier or DL Hotel again. They're both overpriced for what you get, in my opinion.

If, after all this, you still are set on staying at one of those two, I'd recommend Paradise Pier over DL Hotel. It has a much newer, fresher and cleaner "feel" to it than the DL Hotel. As an earlier poster said, the DL Hotel does seem a bit "run down".

MouseRight

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone. Great Advise. Being a Disney Vaction Club Member we want to use our points and stay at a Disney Hotel. I have to look at the point structure and see which one we can afford. Your advise will surely help us make our decision.

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom