Which Disney/Universal Orlando park has the best rides?

Which park has the BEST overall selection of rides?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom:
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
Kali River Rapids
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Na’vi River Journey
TriceraTop Spin
Wildlife Express Train

EPCOT:
Frozen Ever After
Gran Fiesta Tour
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
Journey into Imagination with Figment
Living With The Land
Mission: SPACE
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
The Seas With Nemo & Friends
Soarin’ Around the World
Spaceship Earth
Test Track

Hollywood Studios:
Alien Swirling Saucers
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Slinky Dog Dash
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Toy Story Mania!
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Islands of Adventure:
Caro-Seuss-el
Doctor Doom’s Fearfall
Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls
Flight of the Hippogriff
Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Hogwarts Express: Hogsmeade Station
Jurassic Park River Adventure
Jurassic World VelociCoaster
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges
Pteranodon Flyers
Skull Island: Reign of Kong
Storm Force Accelatron
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
The Cat in the Hat
The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
The Incredible Hulk Coaster

Magic Kingdom:
Astro Orbitor
The Barnstormer
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Haunted Mansion
“it’s a small world”
Jungle Cruise
Liberty Belle Riverboat
Mad Tea Party
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Main Street Vehicles
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Prince Charming Regal Carousel
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
TRON Lightcycle / Run
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney World Railroad
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress

Universal Studios Florida:
Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
E.T. Adventure
Fast and Furious – Supercharged
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Hogwarts Express: King's Cross Station
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
Illumination’s Villain Con Minion Blast
Kang and Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack
Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
Revenge of the Mummy
The Simpsons Ride
TRANSFORMERS: The Ride-3D

What is the best out of the 4 Walt Disney World parks and 2 Universal parks when talking best rides? This isn't about lands, cohesion, theme, etc. It's about which park has the best overall lineup of rides. Which park has the best in terms of quality rides? (Thrill, incredible, best, most fun rides).

MickeyLuv'r

I'd say MK and IoA. Individually, I think IoA has some top new rides, but MK's rides are great decades after they opened. Velocioaster and Hagrid's are excellent, but coasters often get dated as they age.

Touchdown

Take off the nostalgia googles, and Islands is the clear winner, with a top ten roller coaster (Veliciocoaster,) two top 10 dark rides (Forbidden Journey, Spider-Man,) a super unique coaster/dark ride hybrid, 3 water attractions that are in the top 5 of their types and supporting players like Kong, Hulk, Hogwarts Express and Suess land. Quality wise islands wins.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Obviously Magic Kingdom with a second place Epcot. I will never see why so many people throw themselves in a tizzy over Universal. Every "ride" at Uni/IOA is so vastly overrated and unmemorable. When I was a local, I tried to give the things at Uni a chance but they always paled in comparison to what Disney offers. They will never top what Disney has done or will do in the future.
For me they balance thrill with theme a lot better than Disney does. Give me Velocicoaster and Hagrids over any coaster Disney has for 1. I find Spiderman to be one of the best dark rides in Orlando. While I'm not into Harry Potter, Forbidden Journey balances dark ride and thrill very well.

Dark ride wise while I love Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and Enchanted Tiki Room and Pirates, the rest don't do much for me. Not big on a lot of the new additions or IP.

For my family we are more about how good the ride is and less about IP

Rich T

Islands of Adventure. Not only is it a beautiful park with some of the best rides on Earth, but the general experience of visiting Universal Orlando is, for me, a much more enjoyable, relaxed, and hassle-free experience than visiting WDW these days.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
MK wins just by the number of attractions alone. The only thing it loses on is simulators but Im ok with that.

IoA doesnt win, in my opinion. It lacks an abundance of family rides, kiddie rides, fluffy friendly headliners (not my problem but a problem for my friends), streetmosphere, shows, and non-screen relying dark rides.

Almost every ride at IoA is chaotic, fast paced, and excitement. Nothing laid back or relaxing.

Side note-- IoA is my favorite theme park. When it comes to variety tho, MK wins.

Raidermatt

MK and IoA are way out in front of the rest, and MK gets this, but the gap has become pretty narrow.

Obviously if you are looking for higher level thrills then IoA wins. But MK has plenty of quality thrill rides as well, they are just further down the "thrill scale". And MK is much better with family rides. Haunted Mansion is one of the greatest theme park attractions ever built. And while MK's Pirates pales in comparison to DL's, it's still one of the best ever.

That said, IoA could easily take this in the coming years.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have to go with the Disney side due to ride-ability..Universal has it's "Body dimensions" situation where we're lucky if the test vehicle gives us the green light to ride..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom