Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Grand Californian Hotel

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Paradise Pier Hotel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phroobar

Original Poster
A hotel is often judged by it's pool. Which Disneyland Resort hotel has the better pool?

Disneyland Hotel
15276_126_z.jpg

Grand Californian Hotel
dgc092384029358fi.jpg

Paradise Pier Hotel
b158a79089db74881e719c4408af085c.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
The GC pool is probably looks nicer and has a more relaxed vibe but I think the DL pool is the better overall pool...I mean, c'mon, Monorail Slides. The big bonus is Trader Sam's.

PP pool is a distant 3rd. Waterslide is fun but the pool deck is as bland as it gets.
Well the PP pool is on top of the garage. It's pretty ugly. They could have done so much more there.

Rich T

The one time I stayed at Grand Californian the pool was so crowded you couldn't really do anything but stand in place and wish for earplugs.

dweezil78

Yep, given what Disney has done with so many of their pools I was a bit surprised that the PP was worse than some motel pools.

To be fair, I think the pool at PP pre-dates Disney's acquisition of it back in 1995 (it originally opened in 1984). Disney probably polished it up a bit for the transition to PP, but it still is what it is. I'm guessing they don't want to put much work into it at this point as they've gotta be planning to tear the thing down once the new hotel opens and build something better in its place.

Stevek

To be fair, I think the pool at PP pre-dates Disney's acquisition of it back in 1995 (it originally opened in 1984). Disney probably polished it up a bit for the transition to PP, but it still is what it is. I'm guessing they don't want to put much work into it at this point as they've gotta be planning to tear the thing down once the new hotel opens and build something better in its place.
At this point, yeah, I agree. But the fact that it really hasn't changed in what, 10-15 years, makes be think they have always pretty much been fine with it being as is.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Well the waterslide at PP is fairly recent. IIRC, it use to be a small Jacuzzi there. Still it could used at least some walls or plants around the pool area. It's like swimming on top of a roof.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom