Which direction from the hub do you go?

bdearl41

Original Poster
After walking down Main Street, filling your head with the sweet smells of candy and popcorn and hearing the joyful laughs of kids excited about future adventures, we are all faced with a difficult decision. Now while this decision can be influenced with fast passes (not anymore) or efforts for shorter wait times, I want to ignore those factors. Which way do you head from the hub? Adventureland, Liberty Square, through the castle to Fantasyland, the path towards the Tea Party or over to Tomorrowland?
As a kid we would always head to Adventureland but taking my 3 year old for the first time we decided to go through the castle to give her that magical experience. Which way do you guys go and why?

Heppenheimer

At both US castle parks, we generally veer left, simply because we like those sides better. Both in terms of attractions and ambience.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Weve always gone left, sometimes hitting PoTC first, then onto SM and BTMRR. Most of the time we decide to bypass PoTC to hit SM as our first day, first attraction ride. Myself, DW and DS are all left handed so we probably are hardwired to go Left.

left3.jpg

Phonedave

IF there is no compelling reason to go one way or an other (such as a FP) then I think most of the time we make a hard left just past Casey's.

If it seems crowded that way, then maybe we go right.

If we are arriving later in the day, we may check wait times on the app and then decided to go where there are the least lines.

NickMaio

After walking down Main Street, filling your head with the sweet smells of candy and popcorn and hearing the joyful laughs of kids excited about future adventures, we are all faced with a difficult decision. Now while this decision can be influenced with fast passes (not anymore) or efforts for shorter wait times, I want to ignore those factors. Which way do you head from the hub? Adventureland, Liberty Square, through the castle to Fantasyland, the path towards the Tea Party or over to Tomorrowland?
As a kid we would always head to Adventureland but taking my 3 year old for the first time we decided to go through the castle to give her that magical experience. Which way do you guys go and why?
We usually go left first to adventure......seems to go against the flow in the morning.

cmb5002

Which way do you guys go and why?
Out. Where else could I go from the hub? 😝

First thing in the morning we tend to go left, cutting the corner by the crystal palace. Two mountains vs one while lower crowds are in the park.
If we arrive later in the day we tend to go right (assuming there aren't several rides down). We've usually already hit a park and our major rides for the day and are generally taking a more relaxed walk though the park, starting with a ride on the peoplemover.

ChristianG

Left almost always, no matter the park. I saw a research article a while back that says the majority of people go right because that is their dominant side.
I was literally just thinking that maybe I usually go left because I'm a lefty! Maybe not.. but I do always start with Adventureland. I don't really think about it it just seems right

Goofyernmost

Left! I got in that habit when I first started going there. At the time the main attraction was Space Mountain so at rope drop there was a mad dash to the right. That left all of the left (west) side of the park open. We would meet the big crowds coming around Small World and from there on it was pretty quick. There are attractions every direction now so I would think it would be harder to decide which way to go.

J4546

left. I live in CA, and imo the east side of the park is almost useless for me lol. If you go left you get Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones, PIrates, Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion all in a row. Not to mention thunder mountain and Critter country and the cool New Orleans ambience and scenery, it might be the best quadrant of any disney park. Then it transitions to star wars land which i think is cool and fun to walk around. then I will hit up fantasy land which has great old school dark rides

The east side of the park in Nemo Subs and autopia which are 2 rides i dont like at all and never ride, and tomorrowland has Space Mountain as the only ride I like. I also like PIzza planets food though Id rather tomorrowland not be star wars and toy story themed. The darth vader meet n greet is a huge waste of space for such a massive building and needs to be moved to galxies edge. Buzz lightyear is alright, but not something I would wait for more than 30 mins to ride.

Oh and toontown. I like toontown but its also pretty meh. Im glad to see it getting a major eticket attration with MMRR because toontown as a whole needs to be used, other parks dont really have much of a toontown if any. I hope they continue to update Toontown and then move down to autopia and nemo and redo that entire area.

BubbaisSleep

Before it was right to Space Mountain. But thanks to Maxpass, I usually go left now as that's where my favorite lands are. I find Adventureland, NOS, pretty much the whole West side of the park to be so gorgeous in the daytime. Tomorrowland's design doesn't really take me away until it's dark & all the lights are on. Also, the west side has many attractions that I personally find better in the daylight (JC, Splash, view from the train, ROA).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom