Which Deluxe Reort?

ShadyLady

If money was not an issue (we will not do club level), which Deluxe resort would you recommend for this October? We have a 5 and 9 year old, and have been to WDW 5 times in past 10 years. We have always stayed at ASM or POR, and we want to do something special this year. Would like to do a monorail resort with a view of MK. Leaning towards the Contemporary bc we love the easy walk to MK. Will we be disappointed? I read mixed reviews on both Contemporary and Polynesian.

Thanks for weighing in!

Scuttle

I HIGHLY recommend the Contemp theme park view. I have stayed at all of the MK resorts and I have to say my trip to the Contemp was my favorite hands down.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Given your children's ages, Im betting your family would be happier at the Contemporary. We LOVE the Polynesian, and have stayed at all of the resorts, but also, there will most likely be more kids your children's ages at the pool and arcade. In my past experiences, that's always been the case. The close walk to MK is also a plus, but you still have the Monorail if the kid's are too tired to walk.

Upvote 0

tikiman

The Polynesian has the best options for all the parks. Yes the Contemporary is a short walk to the MK but to get to Epcot you need to monorail over to the TTC and on the way back after a long day you need to switch monorails at the TTC and stop at each resort on the way around. At the Polynesian you can walk right over to the TTC and get on the monorail to Epcot. TO get to the MK you can monorail, motor launch (small boat) or ferry over. You still have an arcade and two pools including one with an awesome slide through the volcano. You also don’t have to walk through a hotel in your swim stuff since you are in 2 and 3 story longhouses that are all very close to the pools and the beach. You have movies and camp fire right on the beach, minutes from your room. You also have a character breakfast at ‘Ohana, kids club at Neverland club and kids activities all day on the beach and in the lobby. There is also food open 24 hours which most resorts don’t have and I found it a necessity on some late nights coming back from the parks. The Polynesian is great for viewing the Electrical Water Pageant and fireworks because since the Electrical Water Pageant stops at the Polynesian first you can see them back to back and then the kids are off to bed. The best part is that if you do not pay the extra for a room with a view of the MK just about every room at the Polynesian is a short walk to the beach to view the fireworks.

Here is a link to the activities
http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/amenities-quick/quick-activities?start=1

Upvote 0

addcogulf

The Contemporary Tower Theme Park View is my favorite resort, hands down. I love everything about it. In the Morning, starting your day, you exit your room and you already have a view of the stores, the Chef Mickey Resturant, all thye bustling noise of fun, and the monorail driving past your room. Who could ask for a better resort. And then at night, when you are not in a park, you can sit on your balcony, put up your tired feet and watch the fireworks!!! I love the Resort. THE CONTEMPORARY, HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Polynesian followed by Grand Floridian.

I'll never understand the love for the Contemporary. It's so business like inside. I don't feel transported when I'm there.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

You are going to hear mixed reviews of every single resort. I read a review once that the WL's lobby was so filthy that there was dirt and used condoms on the floor as well as blood on the carpet. This was on Travelocity. I was like ok were they tripping.

Upvote 0
Contemp would be the best option. It has the largest rooms and more space is always welcome.... We were leary when we were there because we had heard that the monorail passing through would be noisy, it wasn't but it was very nice not to have to even get out side to get on it.

The one thing you might want to do is see start looking to see if they are going to have the haunted pirate cruise going at the Poly next year... Not sure if they will be or not, but for kids that age its worth it... to me the Poly just reminds me too much of the Tiki room, or Giligans Island.

Upvote 0

rkelly42

If I had to choose I would pick the Poly. The poly has great views of the MK, easy access to the monorail to both MK and Epcot and the beach at night watching either wishes or ewp is fantastic and the kids will love it. The CR was not my favorite of the three monorail resorts. Also O'hana's if great and the tonga toast is a must have.

Upvote 0

pixargal

Definitely the Poly. The theming is amazing and there is so much to do with little kids. My son loves to play in the sand while waiting for the Electric boat parade and fireworks. There is also the Neverland club. It is a great place to leave the kids for a few hours to go and enjoy dinner with your spouse.

Upvote 0

Saoirse1916

I love the Contemporary for the proximity to the MK -- we walked to and from each day and it was really convenient. It's a bit dated on the outside but really impressive on the inside (in my opinion) so I wouldn't say it's the best for theming, but that was less important to our family. That being said, we're planning our next trip and are currently debating between the Poly and Bay Lake Tower, so we're by no means all about the Contemporary.

Upvote 0

jmargarone27

I'm partial to the GF. You won't be disappointed. I personally find the Contemporary and Polynesian very dated and not as pristine as the GF. Don't be afraid of the cost...it's totally worth it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom