Which Day at EPCOT

graphite1326

Original Poster
OK I want everyones opinion. I have a one day trip to EPCOT coming up. Which day of the week is the best to go?

The lowest crowds, best day for shows, etc.....

Smiley/OCD

IMHO, stay OUT of Epcot on weekends…with the festival going on, not only is WS crazy busy, but the adult version of the tour groups (otherwise known as Drinking Around the World groups) is happening.

If you have to pick a weekend day, Friday ( WS first, and get out asap) or Sunday (WS last). Again, based on our experiences….good luck!

Lilofan

Weekdays are best, but nothing beats strolling through Epcot on a Sunday, especially if you know you dont have to go to work the next day!
What some do is they work remotely ( ie in resort hotel room during the day ) rejoin family in parks at night, not needing to use vacation days from work.

JIMINYCR

Years ago when I was researching best days to visit each park the recommendation for visiting EP was always mid week, avoiding the locals on the weekends. As more events have been brought in it still stands as good advice. Go mid week to avoid the worst of the crowds and rowdiness from abusive drinkers.

DisneyFreak

We were just there in May and did a Tuesday at EPCOT. Got to hit everything we wanted to do during the day without Genie+ or mobile ordering.

graphite1326

Original Poster
I have another question. Never did a one day. I book my day and then where do I get my (ticket)? Or whatever they use now.

Walt Disney1955

We were just there in May and did a Tuesday at EPCOT. Got to hit everything we wanted to do during the day without Genie+ or mobile ordering.

Ditto for me. Although this was in 2018. Never used fastpass and went on the single rider line at Test Track right at the end of the night and then got out just in time to see the fireworks show. Saw everything. Missed nothing. Our feet were burning at the end of the night, but it was well worth it.

Last edited:

bhg469

Before the park reservation system, I would always go on the coolest day during the week since the world showcase gets very hot.
Was just there today. We got there around 10:30. Did two laps of world showcase and bailed. It got pretty brutal the lines for the food booths seemed very short except for China. It was very odd.

Thepuma

Screenshot_20220905_202822.jpg

jloucks

Devils advocate... Epcot can handle crowds better than most other parks so if you are brave enough to do ANY park on the weekend, Epcot is a solid choice.

Except of course, as was mentioned by Smiley/OCD, during the wine & barf festival. No-Go weekends during that event.

...I am not knocking the festival, more of an inside joke on past discussions. (there is not really that much barf)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom