Which character or movie would you like to see represented in the parks?

Which movies should be better represented at the parks?

• Zootopia

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Inside Out

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • The Good Dinosaur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Incredibles

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Wall-E

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Wreck it Ralph

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Mulan

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Brave

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Tangled

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Other

Votes: 24 38.1%

• Total voters

Robbiem

Jungle book (the original animation) I always thought this would make a perfect splash mountain type attraction - dark ride with moderate thrill. Either adventureland or AK

Roger Rabbit. Old school I know but I’d love to see a RR area at DHS it just fits so well

Heppenheimer

Jungle book (the original animation) I always thought this would make a perfect splash mountain type attraction - dark ride with moderate thrill. Either adventureland or AK

Roger Rabbit. Old school I know but I’d love to see a RR area at DHS it just fits so well
Roger Rabbit had a pretty large presence on the old back lot tour when the park originally opened, since the movie was a huge hit at the time. The tour trams passed by a mechanized version of that large "dip" machine seen in the film, and I seem recall Roger's ear's popping up somewhere along the tour. Between the tram and pedestrian segments of the tour, there was a large waiting area filled with interactive props that guests could check out. I remember a lot of men wanted to pose with the Jessica Rabbit cut-out.

I'm not sure when they removed it but the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground replaced all the Roger Rabbit stuff by the time I visited for the second time.

Interesting that the Little Mermaid and Roger Rabbit both came out within a year of each other, both were massive successes, but whereas the Little Mermaid is now well established in the Disney firmament, Roger Rabbit has faded out of relevance. He's all but gone from Disney World, and only remains only in one not-particularly-popular ride at Disneyland.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

For 30 years, I complained about no TRON in the parks (Flynn's Arcade in Tomorrowland was a no-brainer). And now that is almost resolved, the few that come to mind are ...

1. Pocahontas dark ride in Animal Kingdom (or behind the American Adventure)
2. Lion King dark ride in Animal Kingdom
3. Lone Ranger and Tonto walk-around characters in Frontierland
4. Rocketeer walk-around character in DHS and DCA
Wasn't there a Pocahotas show at Animal Kingdom that preceded Festival of the Lion King?

Robbiem

Roger Rabbit had a pretty large presence on the old back lot tour when the park originally opened, since the movie was a huge hit at the time. The tour vehicles passed by a mechanized version of that large "dip" vehicle seen in the film, and I seem recall Roger's ear's popping up somewhere along the tour. Between the tram and pedestrian segments of the tour, there was a large waiting area filled with interactive props that guests could check out. I remember a lot of men wanted to pose with the Jessica Rabbit cut-out.

I'm not sure when they removed it but the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground replaced all the Roger Rabbit stuff by the time I visited for the second time.

Interesting that the Little Mermaid and Roger Rabbit both came out within a year of each other, both were massive successes, but whereas the Little Mermaid is now well established in the Disney firmament, Roger Rabbit has faded out of relevance. He's all but gone from Disney World, and only remains only in one not-particularly-popular ride at Disneyland.
I remember my dad having his photo taken with Jessica😀. Some other references in the park I remember were Roger’s hole through the blind in Eddie’s office in echo lake, Jessica’s car parked at Oscars and a billboard for Maroon Cartoons. I wish Disney had built the toon area at DHS it would have been perfect for that park

Heppenheimer

I remember my dad having his photo taken with Jessica😀. Some other references in the park I remember were Roger’s hole through the blind in Eddie’s office in echo lake, Jessica’s car parked at Oscars and a billboard for Maroon Cartoons. I wish Disney had built the toon area at DHS it would have been perfect for that park
I think everyone's dad wanted wanted to have that photo op.

Brer Panther

Monsters Inc needs love. Close Laugh Floor and build them something proper
Hey, I like the Laugh Floor! But I do agree with you that Monsters Inc needs something bigger. I still think that should be the next "expansion" or whatever for Hollywood Studios - turn Animation Courtyard into Monstropolis, move the Laugh Floor to the Little Mermaid theater, and tear out Star Wars Launch Bay for a Monsters Inc. dark ride (more in line with Tokyo's than California Adventure's).

Magenta Panther

I'd go with Zootopia. Great characters and cool environments would make a stellar attraction if done properly. I don't want to hear that the movie doesn't fit in Animal Kingdom. It makes a heck of a lot more sense - and would be a lot more fun - than dippy non-Disney Avatar.

Second choice - Roger Rabbit in DHS. It's criminal how that character has been allowed to fade. He's too good for that.

I'd also be down with a Haunted Forest/Villains attraction or land, preferably in the Magic Kingdom.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Atlantis in the seas at Epcot, Brother Bear in Canada, Bring cranium command characters back, inside out at Epcot, more muppets.

NelleBelle

Totally want Brother Bear (we named our dog "Koda" after the BB character)! I'd love for some Hercules things to be added somewhere, even it's just more M&G opportunities. One of my favorite M&Gs was when they had Baymax at Epcot. The whole line was themed and just really neat. Love it!

Heppenheimer

Atlantis in the seas at Epcot, Brother Bear in Canada, Bring cranium command characters back, inside out at Epcot, more muppets.
As far as I know, this is the only Brother Bear reference in any of the US parks:

2056178588_3f139eb975_b.jpg

Speaking of bears, I would like to see Humphrey make more appearances, both in the parks and in Disney animation in general. His only appearance I know of in Disney World is the Wilderness Lodge:

humphrey-3.jpg

Sbk1234

I voted for Inside Out, Mulan, and Tangled. As for my "Other" choice, I think focusing Tomorrowland largely on the fantasy future shown in Meet the Robinsons would work really well. It's whimsical enough to fit well in Magic Kingdom without having to try and predict the realistic future (which is more Epcot's domain now, anyway.) Also, a dark ride to Meet the Robinsons could be really fun, especially if they explore more of that future world, rather than simply retelling the same story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom