Which Building in Coronado Springs???

Buck Young

Original Poster
We have booked our trip to WDW at Caribbean Beach Resort for 11/30 -12/5. However, we have since decided to transfer our reservations to Coronado Springs. Which building is the best building to stay in at Cornodao Springs. We are hoping to minimize our walking to the bus stops and dining area, but are opens to suggestions from people who have experience.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

We've stayed there only once, and were way-the-heck-out in the Ranchos. The surroundings were beautiful and we liked our proximity to the main pool, but the bus transportation from our far-flung depot was HORRIBLE. On multiple occasions, we sat for 30 minutes or more (once, for an entire hour!) waiting for a bus for our desired park. The walk to the main building was also much too far for my then partially-disabled mother. (Unfortunately, we were too ignorant back then to realize that we could simply ask the CM at check-in if there was another set of rooms available that would be closer to the main building. Live and learn!)

Since then, we've always gotten rooms close to the main bus depot for whatever resort we were staying in. Those experiences -- seeing again and again how often the bus fills up at the first 1 or 2 depots and heads to a park, leaving the folks at the more remote depots stranded and waiting for another, later bus -- have confirmed my suspicion that the "remote depot people have to wait longer" experience at Coronado Springs is a common Disney-wide problem, and not a fluke.

disneygirl1

Have stayed in all sections at CSR and by far our favorite is the Cabanas. We stayed in Cabanas 8A and it really was the PERFECT location for us. The DigSite pool was right across the pathway, the Cabanas bus stop was right there and the walk to El Centro was not even 5 mins at a leisurely pace.

Buck Young

Original Poster
Have stayed in all sections at CSR and by far our favorite is the Cabanas. We stayed in Cabanas 8A and it really was the PERFECT location for us. The DigSite pool was right across the pathway, the Cabanas bus stop was right there and the walk to El Centro was not even 5 mins at a leisurely pace.
Since it will be wintertime I'm not sure whether or not we'll be able to go to the pool. If you weren't able to go to the pool would you still have chosen the Cabanas?

daisyduckie

I've never gotten Cabanas when I've requested that section. :mad: However I have found Casitas 4 to be a great substitute. Very close to the main buildings, and the first bus stop picked up is right behind Casitas 4.

Freshee61

We stayed in casitas building 2 and it was perfect for me! I Loved our stay. It's close to main building and parking lot. If you can get building one even better.
Best moderate IMO!

UPbeekeeper

We just got back from our stay at CSR. Just to clarify...we loved this resort!! But...we were put in the Ranchos section and it is a bit out of the way. Although the walk to El Centro is beautiful, after hours of walking at the parks, it always seemed like such a long walk to get to El Centro. If we hadn't been walking all day, we would have greatly enjoyed it. We would absolutely stay here again, but would choose the Cabanas for best location.

PhilharMagician

I have to say Casitas 4. The first bus stop in CSR is right there. Also you have the laundry, barber, gym and quiet pool all right in Casitas 4. If you like to swim laps the quiet pool in Casitas 4 is the only pool on property that is lined for lap swimming. The walk to the El Centro is fairly short and if it is raining there is a covered walkway the meanders through Casitas 3, 2 & 1 all the way to El Centro. You would however be about as far away from the main pool as you can be, but it still is not a long walk compared to walking in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom