Which building at Saratoga springs?

epcotisbest

I just updated my previous post with a picture off our deck :)
Thanks for sharing. Here is an evening view from our room:

IMG_6330.JPG

Rob562

OK...you are wrong. The marketplace bus stop is going full blast. West Side is closed. It is an easy walk from Congress Park to the Disney busses at DTD Marketplace, and the new bridge/boat dock is nice too.

Though in a couple years that will no longer be the case. When the whole Downtown Disney to Disney SPrings construction is complete, all buses will go to a new, central facility between the two parking garages, roughly in the spot where the old PI bus stops were.

But Congress Park will remain convenient to the Marketplace buses for at least another year or two.

-Rob

epcotisbest

Though in a couple years that will no longer be the case. When the whole Downtown Disney to Disney SPrings construction is complete, all buses will go to a new, central facility between the two parking garages, roughly in the spot where the old PI bus stops were.

But Congress Park will remain convenient to the Marketplace buses for at least another year or two.

-Rob
That will make a lot of sense. We have about decided to not go back to DTD until it is Disney Springs and everything is completed. That should be a dramatic change.

Sparkle81

We loved staying in The Grandstand. We had a quiet pool on our doorstep, it was 5 minutes walk to the Carriage House and Artist's Pallette, and just a couple of minutes past that to get to the boat dock that takes you over to Downtown Disney. We were only a couple of minutes' walk from our bus stop and we were picked up first (so always had a seat), and dropped off first on the return (very helpful when tired after a long day!). We found it absolutely ideal, and central for what we needed.

anchorman314

When I was there in October, we stayed in Congress Park, Building 12 I believe. The walk to DTD/DS was no more than 5-10 minutes along the water and over the new bridge/dock. Probably a bit closer to 10 minutes if you're in one of the CP buildings closer to the middle of the resort. I haven't heard or read anything that would indicate this path has changed since then.

Rob562

Bump. Can anyone help me understand how convenient Congress Park is to the Downtown Disney bus stop with the current state of things at DTD? Is that stop still in service and/or walk-able?

@epcotisbest @Rob562

For now the Marketplace bus station is still in operation and is very close to Congress Park. Though that will change once the new central bus depot opens sometime in the next few months at Disney Springs and (presumably) the Marketplace stops will close.

The new Marketplace boat dock is also available, it's even closer to Congress Park than the bus depot. (You actually walk right past it to get to the Marketplace and its bus depot) You could conceivably take the water taxi to the central Landing boat dock and walk to the new bus station when it opens.

Here's what I came up with using an online pedometer measuring tool:
The absolutely closest room in Congress Park (in the 1100 Building) is 140 yards from the Marketplace boat dock and 265 yards from the bus station.

The absolutely farthest room (in the 2500 buidling) is 0.37 miles from the boat dock and 0.44 miles from the bus station.

If going to the new central bus depot, add about 0.3 miles to the bus station distances above. Or it's an additional 300 yards from the Landing boat dock.

-Rob

CaptainAmerica

For now the Marketplace bus station is still in operation and is very close to Congress Park. Though that will change once the new central bus depot opens sometime in the next few months at Disney Springs and (presumably) the Marketplace stops will close.
That's what I'm unsure about. I don't plan on spending much time at Downtown Disney so the walk isn't much of an asset to me if that bus stop isn't open. The only reason we'd use it is because we have some lunches at resorts and it would be an easier transfer point than going through a park. We go in May so the bus depot opening "sometime in the next few months" creates a lot of uncertainty.

wdwjmp239

We are renting dvc points at Saratoga springs for the first weekend in January, it's the only resort left with standard dvc room for that weekend and we have never stayed there, but it's huge! Any suggestions for which building to request? We are only there for 2 nights before a cruise with no park tickets.

My wife and I are DVC members and whenever we book last minute weekend Disney trips (we live about 3 hrs away), we're always stuck in The Paddock. We don't mind it. Yes, the walk to the Carriage House is a bit of a hike, but the scenery is beautiful. Enjoy your stay! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom