Which best for keeping cool in the heat?

Dementia

Original Poster
Which did you find most useful in the heat?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've seen recommendations for:
1. cooling bandanas
2. spray handheld fans
3. misty mates
4. mini fans

among others. I'm curious to find out what everyone has taken, what everyone has used, and what they prefer.. I mean I don't wanna have to go buy all of them!

PS: Yes we're going to be bringing water bottles and sunscreen, as we ARE native Floridians (for the most part)... I'm not looking so much for tips on keeping cool (I've already scoured a number of websites) as I am looking for feedback on the items mentioned...

Thanks in advance!

jcat2312

I would go with the cooling bandanas. If you went with one of the fans, this is one more thing you would have to carry around all day. At least this way, you can get the bandana wet every time you pass a drinking fountain or a sink

Dementia

Original Poster
jcat2312 said:
I would go with the cooling bandanas. If you went with one of the fans, this is one more thing you would have to carry around all day. At least this way, you can get the bandana wet every time you pass a drinking fountain or a sink

Okay the cooling bandanas.. I think they're called Aqua Cools? Something like that.

The little fans I got have the strap ti hang around your neck, which is why I was asking... I have 'em anyway, but was curious to hear from peoplewho had used some or all on the list and have a preference...thanks!

ilPapa

we used the misty fans when we were there. although we no longer have them(5 years ago!) we bought them in disney, are they available in walmart?

Dementia

Original Poster
bluejasmine said:
I liked the little personal fans that hang around your neck we have used the ones we bought in 2000 for our last 3 trips...

Yeah I have those. Thsoe and the cooling bandanas should work just fine then.. thanks!

polynesiangirl

I actually had to cave last year and buy one of the overpriced WDW-brand spray/fan things, because it was summer and very humid outside. While it *was* way too expensive, I have to say that it *was* really nice to have. I know some people just don't like to have to carry anything extra, but since I usually have a purse and/or a camera on a strap with me anyways, adding the water bottle to my cargo didn't bother me at all. Plus, the bottle held a good amount of water so I was able to keep cool all day without having to refill. Sure, if I had bought one at Wal Mart before leaving I could have saved some money (d'oh!) but even so, it was a lifesaver in the summer heat. If you can stand to carry it with you (mine came on a very sturdy strap) I recommend it. :)

sabian

Well, the one thing i suggest is not mentioned yet. One of the great ideas behind Disney's designs is that at the parks, many of the gift shops connect (down main street, hollywood blvd. , Etc...) one way to stay cool is to walk as much as possible through gift shops on your way to different areas. Use the time to stroll instead of run, view some of the wonderful merchandise, and stay cool at the same time. My idea, i do it often..... (animal kingdom and Epcot excluded, however, at epcot, the gift shops, especially in future world are huge) :wave:

sabian

OH, the spray fans work well, but sometimes you get an irate guest in line that gets a little spray of water on them and has a cow........be careful...there's dirty work afoot

Disneyfan1981

Water, and those little pocket fans not the spray ones but if you can find them there are little ones that fit in your pocket those are great.

jsfra209

Funny story for you. Last year my husband and I were at WDW in July. It was so hot..., that we actually contemplated leaving! (almost 100 degrees). He had brought the spray fan that he had purchsed from WDW years ago with him on this trip.

We were on line waiting for Splash Mountain.... Everyone was packed like sardines in a can. All in line were hot, sweaty and stinky. I asked him to spray me, just a little behind the neck.., which he did......At that point I swear ALL H*LL BROKE LOOSE BEHIND US!!!! This woman, who must've only gotten a few drops on her, started yelling a screaming that she was "totally soaked"!! Now, mind you, she was....but she was soaked from sweat! I pointed this out to her (still polite at this point)

She got off the line and told a CM that I had "dumped the contents of the bottle on her". The CM came to where I was in the line and confronted me. Lucky for us both, there was a great couple behind the nut that vouched for us, and a significant amount of water left in the bottle.

This maniac kept on yelling and actually tried to get us ejected from the park!!

Could you believe it?!?!?

shoppingnut

I've used the neck bandana's, I like them very much because you can run them under the cold water in the bathrooms and they really do keep you cool. I do like the fan things, but I hate to have to carry them and don't want them hanging on my neck because it hurts after a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom