Which attraction needs an update most?

What needs an update most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barkerbird

I think I have to go with Fantasmic. It's an excellent show. DCA got an updated dragon and all, but I think the characters need an update. They still use a scene from Pocahontas that seems a bit outdated. The characters on the boat could use a lift as well. I don't think anyone recognizes Meg from Hercules :p

captainmoch

This was a big tossup between JIYI, EEA, and PPF. I went with JIYI because PPF at least has a nostalgia charm that some people enjoy and EEA has some redeeming merits but... JIYI is just bad.

Schneewittchen

I loved Journey Into Imagination when I was a little kid. I even had the silly t-shirt with Figment on it and maybe a stuffy too. Now, it's just kind of obnoxious, doesn't give me warm fuzzies like the ride of my childhood...

For us, it's the ride to go on because isn't not 11 am yet, so we can't get beer yet. And the line is so short....

PizzaPlanet

I think I have to go with Fantasmic. It's an excellent show. DCA got an updated dragon and all, but I think the characters need an update. They still use a scene from Pocahontas that seems a bit outdated. The characters on the boat could use a lift as well. I don't think anyone recognizes Meg from Hercules :p
DCA never had fantasmic. Do you mean Disneyland?

wdwfan4ver

This is a close one between UOE, and Imagination. I think Imagination barely gets it of UOE. UOE is very long in the teeth though and the amount of guests on the ride is way less than it was in 2000.

wdwfan4ver

I make a motion that we just list "EPCOT" as an option. I know, I know, the question is "which ride most needs an update," but I just cote we list the whole park.
I don't think World Showcase need as an update as much as Future World. World Showcase for updating only needs China, France, and Soon Norway since Frozen is starting next year there. A lot of World Showcase doesn't need a redo, but have expansion plots.

A majority of Future World needs updating though although changing Soarin' to Soarin' around the World next year is a good step for the park.

Last edited:

ItlngrlBella

I don't think World Showcase need as an update as much as Future World. World Showcase for updating only needs China, France, and Soon Norway since Frozen is starting next year there. A lot of World Showcase doesn't need a redo, but have expansion plots.

A majority of Future World needs updating though although changing Soarin' to Soarin' around the World next year is a good step for the park.

Agreed! I just want to be inspired again and my kids "wowed" by the "in the future..." stuff. There are so many emerging technologies that are in development - it would be great to showcase them.

barkerbird

Agreed! I just want to be inspired again and my kids "wowed" by the "in the future..." stuff. There are so many emerging technologies that are in development - it would be great to showcase them.
I agree as well, there used to be a magic about Epcot's ability to inspire guests about the future. I think part of the problem is that the innovations and technology that Epcot predicted in the 80s/90s is available now, and it's difficult to forecast what kind of "future" we might see and where we go from here..but it could also be laziness, they may not even care :p

wdwfan4ver

Has anyone listed Test Track? I prefer the old version, I think they need to change it back. Thoughts?
I didn't, but I do like the old version better. The reason I did list Test Track because it isn't even the biggest problem in Future World. Imagination, UOE. Mission:Space, and Innoventions come before Test Track. Test Track is the Space ship Earth, and Nemo category. Nemo needs to be updated or replaced, but the age of it is the issue like it is for the current version of Space Ship Earth.

This is without counting turning Wonders of Life from being used for Festivals only for the public into a being a pavilion with attractions again all year round.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom