Which artist would you hire to perform on the next Disney Motion Picture Soundtrack?

Speedo Bob

Original Poster
Spining of the " What is in your CD player " thread, I was just kinda wondering which artist would you hire to sing for the next Disney motion picture sound track?

Personally I would have Michael Bolton and Barry Manilow ( my two favorite artists) sing a duet together with Kenny G playing a wonderful Saxaphone solo, as well as John Tesh playing the Keyboard in the background. That would be a dream team for sure.Bolton definently has the style going on, I even grew my hair like his for a year or so ( I am bald as well ).Manilow is just so darn cool, anyone who would start a song about a show girl named Lola has got to be the man. Kenny G what else can I say his Saxphone solo's are just breathtaking. And finally with JT well he is with out a doubt the best musician in the World today. JMHO

Any way fellow Disney Fanatics, I would like to hear who you would you hire?

WDWDave

Account Suspended
Josh Groban.

He is young and already slated to perform at the opening of Disney's Concert Hall

This guy's pure ability makes the whole American Idol hoopla seem like a high school talent show. I really don't think that some of them that went far were talented at all.

Click this link. At the top under his name hit the #3. Listen to Josh Groban's voice a couple times and you will understand the word "Gifted"

http://www.bandbuilder.com/joshgroban/music_frame.php?ref_code=D2349

I bet Alan Menken has his number

cookiee_munster

i'd like thomas newman to have a crack at scoring a disney movie creating the same surreal but beautiful music he did for american beauty. Then probably aerosmith adding a few tracks with his music in a weired style or just making a whole album just by them, interesting ;)

Stitch79

I thought the Tarzan soundtrack was great. So I was pleased to see that Phil Collins is also doing the Brother Bear soundtrack too.

I'm not sure who I would suggest for someone new though. I don't think it should be someone in the 'pop' world.

:veryconfu

yodathefrog

The Clay Aikens post was dripping with sarcasm. Please forgive me. I agree with Josh Groben, but that would make too much sense. :animwink:

tomman710

Michael Bolton and Manilow are good but imagine if they combined their talents with the supreme musical stylings of 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg. I think those four would really crank out something nice and provide a sound not quite heard of before on a Disney film. Perhaps, throw in some Dixie Chicks for vocal harmonizing. A true creative collaboration, and future Oscar winner for best score.

cookiee_munster

Originally posted by MicBat
I agree with Aerosmith... I think they'd put a nice twist on a Disney song!

yes they would :) they feature in one of disneys attractions, so why not crank up some good music in one of disneys films? its the best they could do... :)

civileng68

Account Suspended
Shakira

Ooohh the voice stinks but what a mighty fine one she is. My wife seems to disagree for some reason.

OH WAIT! This is Disney, Shakira is not Disney,

So I say Faith Hill, she is OH SO FINE! but my wife seems to think I'm obsessed with her.

So in the area of staying safe and something my wife would agree with. i say in all seriousness,

Celine Dion has the "Disney Voice".

BigNorm

Depends on what type of film it was going to be. I'd love it if Marty Stuart or Dwight Yoakam would write a song or two for a Disney film, they both have a down home feel in their songs and are both terrific songwriters. A Sammy Hagar cut would also be an awesome addition to the Disney soundtrack legacy!

RPMdfw

Mandy Patinkin
Bernadette Peters
Audra McDonald
Kristin Chenoweth

For those who don't know. They're all phenominal performers and amazing vocalists.

Many Patinkin is best known to TV audiences as Dr. Gieger on Chicago Hope and for his movie role of the Spaniard in the Princess Bride. He's got several CDs out as well, and has many huge Broadway hit's to his credit.

Bernadette Peters, again amazing.

Audra McDonald is also a huge name on Broadway. She also played Grace Farrell in Disney's versionof Annie. Her voice has such power and feeling.

Kristin Chenoeth played Marion in Disney's version of the Music Man. WOW what a voice for such a tiny lady.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom