Which Anniversary Resort Would You Choose

tommy112973

Im looking for help from my fellow WDWMagic fans, Im wanting to surprise my wife with a romantic anniversary getaway. On a reasonable budget, what resort would you stay at? We got back from WDW and stayed at the CBR and I was looking for a change. Dont get me wrong, I love the resort and with all the refurbishments that have been done its still my FAV moderate.

Which one? Coronado Springs
Dixie Landings(Riverside)
All Star Movies
or none of the above, but name one....

Disney Duggan

I haven't stayed at any of those resorts, but I have seen all of them and I would say that if you were looking for a romantic getaway then Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings) would be the best choice. It's a beautiful area and the location is not bad either! That's just my opinion though.

Upvote 0

kraftyone

:D If you can spring for a little extra, I would opt for the 'Woods View' at the Wilderness Lodge. If you get a 'Summer Saver' Rate, you will pay $144/ nt. + tax, which is about $50 / nt. more than the moderates. I know that is a lot more, but I think it is worth it. My wife and I are going in June, and we decided to 'splurge' a little. (I am pretty cheap, so this was a real departure for me.)

If you do not want to pay extra, I would stay at POR. Ask for a quiet room in the Alligator Bayou, and by all means tell everybody it is your Anniversary. They might well upgrade you.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by tommy112973
Which one? Coronado Springs
Dixie Landings(Riverside)
All Star Movies
or none of the above, but name one....

No matter what, do NOT stay at the ALL STAR for your anniversary! It´s not that romantic! It´s more of a family hotel (or motel like? ;) )

;)

Upvote 0

Mr. Toad

I would probably pick Port Orleans - Riverside. Never stayed there but I did visit when we were staying at Port Orleans - French Quarter (back when Riverside was still Dixie Landings). It seemed very nice. PO - French Quarter is also very nice if it is open.

If you want a really great place I would choose the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is more expensive but we found it very romantic (with a savanah view).

Upvote 0

tommy112973

Original Poster
thanks for all the great advice. From what Im hearing, PO is the place to be on a moderate budget...

One ? though, would you guys book through disney or go through one of the several on line agents???

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I always went through Disney; I've never heard anything about the on-line services, either way. Guess I just felt more comfortable doing things that way.

I agree with Maria, by the way, about the All-Star resorts...no way would I stay there for ANYTHING romantic!!!!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You should try using one of the codes and go for a deluxe resort. The Wilderness Lodge is available for very cheap. If you have to choose from one of those though, go with Port Orleans BUT not the Riverside section. I think the French Quarter Section is nicer and probably more romantic. There are a lot of little hidden parks that make the resort very special.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Tommy, check out mousesavers.com, you'll find the codes there.

There are plenty of ways to save money. We are going back this October, and I'm goning to buy Anual Passes this time instead of the Disney Packages 'cos we can save big on the room, and it will allow use to do the thing we want most...Animal Kingdom Lodge on the concierge level! Whoo-hooo!

:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom