Where's My Favourite Gone?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Everyone.Have any of you booked an ADR for your vacation,got there and found out your favourite meal was no longer on the menu.I was so looking forward to try my first taste of Bison at Cali Grill only to find out it wasn't on their menu the night we went.I know this restaurant changes its meals depending on what's available but it was on my " must try. " list.Hopefully next trip.;)

sgtmgd

Good Morning Everyone.Have any of you booked an ADR for your vacation,got there and found out your favourite meal was no longer on the menu.I was so looking forward to try my first taste of Bison at Cali Grill only to find out it wasn't on their menu the night we went.I know this restaurant changes its meals depending on what's available but it was on my " must try. " list.Hopefully next trip.;)
yes..lol escargo was off the Yachtsman menu last time I was there...NOT for me..as I wont touch the stuff..but people in our party were not happy

wiigirl

yes..lol escargo was off the Yachtsman menu last time I was there...NOT for me..as I wont touch the stuff..but people in our party were not happy

Yuck....escargo :(
75.gif

BamaDisneyFan

Yes, when we went in 2011, we ate at Whispering Canyon as we always do. I tried a really delicious chicken and pasta dish. Then I heard they re-vamped their menu, I was so disappointed. Now I've been reading reviews since then and they have not been good, I'm a little worried, cause we always eat there. The DH and DD would get the skillet. So I am praying, all will be well in July 2013.

zurgandfriend

Several times, aside from the character at Liberty Tree Tavern, the California Grill changes it's menu all the time. They had a banana dessert I loved that is now long gone. FYI Bison is always, I believe, on the menu at Artist Point.

Sweet Melissa

That's not really a problem for me. I enjoy menus that change often and usually ignore the house signature dishes in favor of a seasonal specialty. Especially in restaurants that I patronize as infrequently as those in Disney, I can't bring myself to order the same things over and over.

luv

Ever since the dining plans began, I have been having that disappointing experience.

Being local, it's kind of a good thing. Disney food is bad for you and expensive. The less I like, the better off my heart, liver and bottom line will be. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I still miss the Monte cristo sandwiches that used to be at the columbia harbour house and they haven't been there since the late 1980's!

eddiemcgarrigle

I've booked the Beach Club for next year and I was really looking forward to sinking my teeth into the beef sub at Beaches & Cream but alas, they have changed the menu. Tastiest damn thing on the menu and they have removed it.

Tinkerbell 8

I was upset when we were at Jiko last week and the One Last Cup was no longer on the dessert menu, I was looking forward to that since March.

Lamb chop removed from California Grill. Ouch. Was that good. Missed it by a month. Other than that, always get my meals.
I just had the lamb chop from there last week, it was delicious!!

mickey2008.1

I was upset when we were at Jiko last week and the One Last Cup was no longer on the dessert menu, I was looking forward to that since March.

I just had the lamb chop from there last week, it was delicious!!
I hope it's there next year. have any pics of it? Hungry now.

s&k'smom

Actually I was quite sad to hear the potato soup at the Rose and Crown was gone, it was soooo good and dipping the warm rolls in the soup, OMG it was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom