Where's Brer Fox?

Atta83

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
This is based on what I was told/heard on my college program.

Brer Fox was too scary and he would scare the small children so that was why he was pulled. Whether or not that's true, that's what I heard! Just wanted to share that!

TheDisneyGirl02

Wait! What about the Country Bears....i thought they scared ppl too LOL :lol: :lookaroun

From what I was told, the two main reasons why Brer Fox was pulled from the parks were...

-He tended to scare kids, because he showed his teeth.

-His tail--it stood up and stuck out, thus creating a tendency to cause accidents and hurt cast members...and little kids tended to pull on it.

Several CMs, including those in entertainment, have told me that Brer Fox is getting a facelift and will eventually return. I hope he comes back soon...and with all those old characters being brought back, Brer Fox's return should happen within that time frame.

PhotoDave219

disneyphilip said:
From what I was told, the two main reasons why Brer Fox was pulled from the parks were...

-He tended to scare kids, because he showed his teeth.

-His tail--it stood up and stuck out, thus creating a tendency to cause accidents and hurt cast members...and little kids tended to pull on it.

Several CMs, including those in entertainment, have told me that Brer Fox is getting a facelift and will eventually return. I hope he comes back soon...and with all those old characters being brought back, Brer Fox's return should happen within that time frame.
Big Bad wolf as well as Foulfellow have teeth and Pluto has a tail.... Somehow those reasons seem like the old fashioned 'Just as so it sounds good to the guest' type excuses.

loading890

Somebody out there knows the truth! I'm really curious now to know what happened and when/if he is coming back. He was always a very accessible character, now he is gone?

I've been robbed of my childhood with his disappearance! Bring him Back!!!!!!

Atta83

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
Adults included! It's scary when a big, fuzzy bear is running at you! :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

Ahh the memories of that!!!! The girls being chased and screaming ..ahhh those days were good :lol: :king: :p :drevil:

loading890

disneyphilip said:

Where are all of these old characters? And who are they? I didnt see any at all. Is this all hearsay?

WDWScottieBoy

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
Adults included! It's scary when a big, fuzzy bear is running at you! :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

Has someone let Grizz out in the parks? I can only imagine when Grizz sees a fellow board member and then chases after them.

On the other hand, Grizz wouldn't run after people would he, just give them a little smirk as if he's trying to say "I know who you are but you'll never know it's me! :goodnevil "

:lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
there were reasons that he was pulled, but Disney has been less than forthcoming. I was one of Brer Fox's friends at the very end, and most of the performers still have no clue. Just showed up to work one day and there were signs on the doors saying "Effective Immediately, Br'er Fox is not to be used in the parks"

so yeah... I've heard every reason from too scary, to lawsuits, to difficulties breating, to the NAACP, to the tail, to larger CM's not fitting... but I don't believe any of them. I don't think I'll ever get a straight answer from Disney on this one.

PhotoDave219 said:
Big Bad wolf as well as Foulfellow have teeth and Pluto has a tail.... Somehow those reasons seem like the old fashioned 'Just as so it sounds good to the guest' type excuses.

Uh, Foulfellow doesn't have teeth. The Big Bad Wolf does though, but then again, the Wolf doesn't come out very much these days.

About the tail thing, Pluto's tail doesn't stand up or stick out--it droops down and it's not very long. Same with most of the other characters that have tails (Eeyore, Timon, Rafiki, Meeko, Mushu, Foulfellow, Gideon, the Big Bad Wolf, etc.).

But then again, Tigger's tail still stands up, though not all the time like it did in the old days.

And Goliath from "Jojo's Circus" has a long tail that sticks out, but then again, he's probably not going to be used too much at the parks.

I also heard that one of the reasons why they gave Robin Hood the facelift that he recieved in the late 1990's was because he too had a long tail that stood up and stuck out.

Anyway, back to Brer Fox, I only find the tail and the scare factor to be the only possible reasons behind Brer Fox's removal (and maybe, to a lesser extent, the discomfort factor)--I won't believe any other reasons.

TheDisneyGirl02

I can see how tails could be hazardous but I at my height (about 5'1") my hazard was Pluto's head! I would always get smacked in the face by his snout whenever he would turn around and I was working with him! Oh well...I still love him! :kiss:

TheDisneyGirl02

Atta83

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
I can see how tails could be hazardous but I at my height (about 5'1") my hazard was Pluto's head! I would always get smacked in the face by his snout whenever he would turn around and I was working with him! Oh well...I still love him! :kiss:

TheDisneyGirl02

Pluto says he sorry.... :animwink:

Atta83

disneyphilip said:
And Goliath from "Jojo's Circus" has a long tail that sticks out, but then again, he's probably not going to be used too much at the parks.

From what I understand Golith along with JoJo are very popular. I mean he does a meet and greet then parade, so i think he is very popular.

Atta83 said:
From what I understand Golith along with JoJo are very popular. I mean he does a meet and greet then parade, so i think he is very popular.

I should've been clearer.

What I meant was that, for one thing, Goliath and Jojo aren't going to used at the other parks--just MGM and, to a lesser extent, DCA in Anahiem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom