Where'd the Magic Go ???

spunky5697

Disillusioned by Disney :brick:
This is the trip we've been waiting for for since my daughter was born, almost 5 years ago. It's every parents dream to take their child to Disney, but ours is turning into a nightmare. When we booked, the park hours were great, now they've been cut back. They still want to charge us peak prices even though the kingdom hours are cut because of grad night. Now I saw a flyer reducing the price of moderate resorts to $74 with a code, which I have, but they say " NO GO". Is this what Walt invisioned.

Erika

I went last month and still feel plenty of magic *thumbs*

Regarding the hours- I know they have made a lot of cutbacks recently, and there's not much to say about that other than the economy is bad. When are you going? Maybe the hours will change again.

As far as the code goes, are there any requirements you don't meet? If not, keep calling until you find someone more helpful. Good luck :wave:

Edit- with a five year old, it may not matter much about the cut hours. I have never seen so many exhausted kids as there are in WDW!

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by spunky5697
Disillusioned by Disney :brick:
Now I saw a flyer reducing the price of moderate resorts to $74 with a code, which I have, but they say " NO GO". Is this what Walt invisioned.

Check www.disneyworld.com:cool: The $74 is for value resorts e.g. All Stars. Moderates are $99.

Go, enjoy. Have fun. I'll be making my third trip of the year :D

Upvote 0

uncle al

You really should keep calling - I have never been refused a change in my resort reservations when rates change. Just keep trying - you will find someone that will be more helpful (and I predict it will be on your next call). As far as hours go - please believe me (I beg you) - with a five year old you will be thankful to have the earlier park closings (which as a previous post stated may change anyway). Don't try and do everything on this visit - you will be miserable - your wife will be miserable - and most of all your five year old will be miserable. Trust me - we have experienced it - but thankfully we tried again (and again and again and again and again) and I think we are getting close to what we consider perfection but I suppose we will keep trying. Long and short of the story is - relax - enjoy the looks that will surely be on your daughter's face - and have fun! And before you leave - start planning your next trip!

Upvote 0

disneyfan20

ditto!!!!!!!!

:slurp: ditto to all the positive responses.Just keep a positive attitude and all will work out.
On the point about not being able to get a room rate discount,there just may not be any more rooms available at that price.they only release a certain amout of rooms at a discount!not the answer you were looking for but like I said once you walk in the gate at mk and see the eyes of your child It all becomes secondary because only disney(at any price)can do that !

Upvote 0

disneyfan20

oh

Originally posted by Erika
I went last month and still feel plenty of magic *thumbs*

Regarding the hours- I know they have made a lot of cutbacks recently, and there's not much to say about that other than the economy is bad. When are you going? Maybe the hours will change again.

As far as the code goes, are there any requirements you don't meet? If not, keep calling until you find someone more helpful. Good luck :wave:

Edit- with a five year old, it may not matter much about the cut hours. I have never seen so many exhausted kids as there are in WDW!
[/ QUOTE]

just experimenting w/ the system

Upvote 0

Katherine

Just enjoy what you do have:

-A trip to WDW(yeah!!)
-A child to share in the magic with for the first time
-You are still getting a nice vacation at a moderate resort(even if the price isn't great)

Just keep thinking positive and I hope everything turns out for the better. Just keep calling and confirming and do anything to get ready!

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If they're cutting hours in the parks, it's probably because they expect a lot less people in the parks - which, by the way is a good thing.

If the parks were packed, the hours would be extended, but you'd be waiting in line all day.

I'd rather get right on all the rides i love, then go to the hotel and sit by the pool and spend the evening just relaxing and resting my feet than standing in line.

Bottom line is that you'll still get the same amount done per day....you'll just do it in less time now :)

Upvote 0

DanStat

Originally posted by Fievel
If they're cutting hours in the parks, it's probably because they expect a lot less people in the parks - which, by the way is a good thing.

If the parks were packed, the hours would be extended, but you'd be waiting in line all day.

I'd rather get right on all the rides i love, then go to the hotel and sit by the pool and spend the evening just relaxing and resting my feet than standing in line.

Bottom line is that you'll still get the same amount done per day....you'll just do it in less time now :)

That's how I think of it.

Try to look at the positive things. You'll have fun, no matter what! :D

Upvote 0

SheriRDH

When are you going? I had no problem at all using Discount codes- which I got for the Silver package. I thought I would have to cancel and rebook and everything but they were great! Call again and ask why you could not use them. I know they are only valid for a certain number of people. Also try mousesavers.com- she always has great discount codes.

Also, as for the park closing early, I know MK closes early one day when we are there, but not all of the parks do. If you really want something to do look into the thing at Fort Wilderness campground. Also there is the Hoop-de-doo, Downtown Disney (My kids loved the interactive water fountains there better than ANYTHING at Disney, but bring a towel!), or character dinners at Park Fare...or just get some REST! You will need it!:D

Upvote 0

I envy you - seeing your child's reaction for the first time. Our first time at WDW was so long ago, the memory starts to fade, but my daughter's expression (3 years old at the time) seeing Minnie Mouse is burned on my mind. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0
We went last may and they cut the hours and at first I was ed. But the parks were not that crowded and we actually got to do a lot. I went with a 4 and 2 year old and they got tired early anyway. Just go back to the resort, grab a beverage by the pool and enjoy watching your child take everything (Disney) in. The looks on their little faces are priceless.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, I feel your pain,see if there will be any evening when they will have spectro and fireworks ( a must see for our DD) try to keep a good outlook, read the guide books, let your daughter look at the books as well, so she will have some idea of what to expect also what she might really insist on seeing. Take full advantage of early entry, even if it means going back to the resort later for a break, take full advantage of fast pass, see if you can scheduel a character breakfast/or dinner, take loads of photos, do the autograph book and most importantly put on a happy face, if you are disappointed before you get there your daughter will most likely pick up on that! Remember this is her first trip and even if its not up to your expectations it will most definately surpass hers!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom